Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you provide a link to this supposed 'proof'?

Wonderful! Could not have said it better!

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
He was giving an example of what loving your neighbor meant and who was your neighboor he wasn't championing any specific individual, but explaining to them that even those they had be taught to despise were to be loved. This is nothing new, it is found in Torah. He was also teaching to show mercy over observance, to not shirk the one for the other, this was a lesson he taught over and over such as in where he spoke of the pharisees being very careful to tithe on the smallest of their produce but ignore loving their parents and taking care of them. His words were that they were to do both. Again, Torah.

Gxg (G²);62193825 said:
something the rabbis often noted of Him and Hillel as a matter of making God's commands universal in simplicity...and echoed by the Apostles repeatedly when noting love fulfills the Law.
Love does not fulfill the command to be obedient.

Samaritans had the Torah, but they were anxious to hear from him how to do it, they were expecting Messiah to come, they were not considered Heathens/Gentiles either. I don't know what you are going on about on those other two..........

Gxg (G²);62193825 said:
Already shared before - some of that referenced in the thread/referenced for other occassions. Not going to share again if it cannot be looked up first.
???

Again, I see another 'Christianism', "don't judge" but Yeshua never said that, had he done so he would be speaking against Torah.

Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.
That is the commandment he was expanding upon when he said in John 7:

Not according to God's law, T. Judaism has identified 613 commandments in the Torah or first five books of the Bible. They are called mitzvoth or good deeds. 365 of them, the number of days in the solar year, are prohibitive in nature. That is, they describe actions we are not to take. The other 248, the number of organs and limbs in a human body according to the Rabbis, are performative in nature. That is, they describe actions we are to take. These two numbers are interpreted to mean that man should be practicing these commands every day of the year. A good example of each type of commandment can be found in Lev 19:35 and 36. Lev 19 has many of the 613 commands in its verses

It was a TOTAL covenant...where if one breaks one part of it, ALL are broken. There's no escaping that in scripture.
James 2:8
If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you are doing right. 9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “Do not commit adultery,”[b] also said, “Do not murder.”[c] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!
[/quote]
This post seems to have grown exponentially since I read it and clicked the quote button. Anyway, The whole law is how Yeshua explained it, it is not just about 'love' but what that entails.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Here's another example which I'm sure will cause an uproar, Everyone's heard of 'Mother Theresa' who worn what looked like a tallit upon her head, and served in India with the poor and dying, ceaselessly, she must be on the top of the list, right? She is the epitome of 'loving your neighbor' and that's all you need, right, as the Beatles beat into the minds of millions, all you need is love. .......... sadly I even heard a Jewish Rabbi sing this from the pulpit..............anyway, did you know that she taught all gods are the same?

Here are a couple of quotes

“There is only one God and He is God to all; therefore it is important that everyone is seen as equal before God. I’ve always said we should help a Hindu become a better Hindu, a Muslim become a better Muslim, a Catholic become a better Catholic."

“Of course I convert. I convert you to be a better Hindu or a better Muslim or a better Protestant. Once you’ve found God, it’s up to you to decide how to worship him”
(“Mother Teresa Touched Other Faiths,” AP, Sept. 7, 1997).

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Writing verbose arguments like a good lawyer... but it reminds me of Yeshua rebuttal... blocking the WAY and not entering yourself is not a good idea.
Luke 11:52
Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship

I never knew that keeping kosher (or observing Torah, obeying God's commands) had anything to do with our understanding of them at all. I thought we were to keep them and obey them because He commanded us to do so.
I quite agree with the separation idea, I thought it was very insightful, so I'd be curious to know all of those others in Judaism who say this as well. I haven't heard it by so many, "much of Judaism," that's impressive! Who are they and what are their works where I can read what they've said about it.

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship

That's what I thought he was saying too!

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
of course... the person who is doing the loving part of neighbors is doing right... but that still does not dismiss this same person from hearing the word and being obedient too it. .
Not according to Yeshua - who worked with Gentiles all the time - and never asked or required that they had to be involved in the Mosaic Covenant for sanctification or justification before the Lord anymore than it was with Noah. This is is basic to Judaic thought and what the School of Hilel taught verbatim repeateldy - and what Yeshua emphasized, in addition to noting "Judge not lest you be judged."

Can you provide a link to this supposed 'proof'?
Did - as have others before. Thus, can there be honesty in addressing what was already given - or does one choose to bury their head in the sand like nothing's there?

He was giving an example of what loving your neighbor meant and who was your neighboor he wasn't championing any specific individual,
Not according to Yeshua - or Hiliel, who brought up the same concept. Of course, the parable Yeshua taught wasn't one where he was talking of a REAL Life person you could go and ask "So tell me about that one time you helped out the guy on the road - was it intense?!" ..but it did give real life applications to the Hebrews, people who already hated Samaritans at a myriad of points and despised them because they felt they didn't keep God's law.

As said before, The Good Samaritan parable (Luke 10:25-39) will always be one of the most powerful analogies in existence, itself being a parable that Rabbi Heliel already noted previously since he had the same mindset as Christ did when it came to acceptance of Gentiles within Judaism as he/others saw it (more discussed here and here at Hillel and The Good Samaritan | Think Hebrew or Yeshua and Hillel - Nazarene Space). Christ was asked about what the greatest commandments were in the Mosaic Law---and after stating what they were, he was challenged by another on it....at which point Christ pointed to a Samaritan (considered to be idolatrous, half-breed/mixed people related to the Jews) as the one living out what the Lord wanted more than all of the others one would have expected to be examples, as was the case with the Levite and the priest.

People often miss the significance of the Samaritan culture in what it symbolizes, as they practiced their own version of Judaism, and lived side by side with the Jews of Israel. Despite the striking similarities in religion, appearance, and language between the two people, they were treated by the xenophobic occupants of that ancient land as foreigners. For Jews, to be called a Samaritan meant in more general terms: a despised foreigner. To be called such was a deep insult, with the Jewish people even calling Christ one when denouncing him ( John 8:47-49 )....and yet for Christ, it was a honor to identify with them as well as love them/spread the Gospel to them and see them as fellow believers (more discussed here in #31 , #35 ,#52, #53 , #77, #78 , #85, & #95 ).

The one who challenged Christ could not even say "The Samaritan" due to the angst/beef Jews had with Samaritans...and instead chose to say "The one who had mercy on him" as the one who was truly a neighbor as the Lord saw it. In many ways, Christ rose the standard....in line with what he often did....and yet, he also took concepts beyond the bounds of a paticular religion when showing the simplicity of what it means to follow Him and be considered one of His own.

even those they had be taught to despise were to be loved.
That's one aspect of it, as the more direct application (per what Jewish believers in the early Body of Messiah noted) was that we were not to think less of those whom we felt weren't as "observant"/correct as ourselves. The person questioning Yeshua was a teacher of the Law - and when told to Love others, he tried to worm his out of it by asking "Well, who's my neighbor" - and Yeshua put him in check by noting that even a Samaritan (whom the teacher/others despised) could understand the concept of loving others - and know the basic command Christ just told them.......and he basically told the teacher it wasn't something he could act as if he didn't know what it meant to be a neighbor.

What Yeshua noted in Luke 10:25-39 followed directly after what occurred in His outreach to Samaritans in Luke 9:51-54 when the apostles were doing ministry and Christ went out to preach in a Samaritan village - and rebuked some of the apostles for wanting to call down fire on them after the Samaritans rebuffed them - and what Yeshua noted with the Good Samaritan also goes directly in Luke 17:12 where ten men who had leprosy asked Yeshua to heal them - and after healing him, only one came back - a Samaritan / foreigner who glorified the Lord by giving thanks - and that one was blessed by Yeshua. He did not think less of Samaritans automatically because of Him being Jewish - nor did He have the mindset that Samaritans were not beloved/able to walk out what the Lord wanted.

Amen -
Originally Posted by Lulav

Love does not fulfill the command to be obedient.
Not according to scripture.
Romans 13:9

Love, for the Day Is Near

8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet,”[a] and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”[b] 10 Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

11 And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12 The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13 Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. 14 Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.[
Granted, of course, that I know you do not like Paul ..so I do not expect what he noted to be taken seriously. Nonetheless, scripture notes the same thing in other places as well.
1 John 3:13-15
We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death.
1 John 4:20
If anyone says, “I love God,” yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.
1 John 4
1 John 3
Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8 He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

Love One Another

11 This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another. 12 Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother’s were righteous. 13 Do not be surprised, my brothers, if the world hates you. 14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death. 15Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him.

16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. 17 If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? 18 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 19 This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence 20 whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.

21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. 23And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.
Samaritans had the Torah, but they were anxious to hear from him how to do it, they were expecting Messiah to come, they were not considered Heathens/Gentiles either. I don't know what you are going on about on those other two..........
John 4 addresses the issue of Samaritans rather well - as they ended up seeing who the Messiah was - and as it was, Jewish people do not think they had the Torah. It's one of the fundamental reasons why they felt didn't think of Samaritans has having any connection to Israel. I don't know what's really difficult to understand on the others (more shared in #11 ) - but oh well. Moving on..
Again, I see another 'Christianism', "don't judge" but Yeshua never said that, had he done so he would be speaking against Torah.
No offense - but I another "Hebrew Roots" ideology (as is often done when saying "Well that's just Christian - but the Torah says!!" )..for there's no avoiding what Yeshua made plain on judging - as even the Torah noted that when it comes to hypocrisy, partiality ands self-righteousness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship

Oh my, I hadn't heard these things. But that's the way the RCC is leaning now, or so I've heard, and if it came from the pope, well, you know what they say.......Not!! But, seriously, I hadn't heard this of her, sad really.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Writing verbose arguments like a good lawyer... but it reminds me of Yeshua rebuttal... blocking the WAY and not entering yourself is not a good idea.
As said before, it's cute what you note..but Ad-homimen is not a good way of addressing scripture or truth - or nor does it show ability to really focus on the topic/content of what's said rather than a poster (as you tend to do when unable to address something squarely).

Minus the fact that you already know personal discussion of posters ISN'T allowed (and thus, you should know better than to attempt it), there are no excuses on your parts in light of numerous others easily able to comprehend things quickly/not even thinking "verbose" as an issue of being unable to understand - but where you tend to lean makes a difference in whether you get something...or make room to avoid owing up to it.

Claiming "verbose" doesn't equate to addressing the scriptures (and it wouldn't hold a candle in the time of Yeshua, who often did the same when spole and so did the scribes). It also doesn't hold any type of weight in light of your repeated examples. Much has already been shared briefly and short - but again, the fact that one didn't see fit to note that shows (IMHO) over-generalization. The same thing was attempted by yourself in another thread (as seen here in #26 ) when you claimed you try to be brief, bring up one example if you deem it necessary to show, someone who can say it better than yourself, the position you wish to make.

And as said to you before, you've already had multiple times you've brought up numerous examples/quoted entire articles in a string of postings - your thread on "Messianic History" being one amongst many other examples of that. In brief example:
More was done the same in #2 when discussing the lost tribes - and again, plenty others. Thus again, you protest too much if talking on "verbose" but keeping quiet where you gave allowance for yourself elsewhere.

And for each/every instance you've suddenly become able to read multiple other verbose postings if they agree with your views, IMHO, it is a matter of inaccurate scales - something the Lord said he did not like

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
That is an excellent example of the keeping the faith, not like RCC, but like a Jew and still believing in Yeshua....Thank you for bringing it forward.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That is an excellent example of the keeping the faith, not like RCC,
Actually, it's an excellent example of where you condone being verbose (one amongst many since you did the same in #2 when discussing the lost tribes - and again, plenty othe.) - and an example of what happens when people allow partiality to influence their decisions even without realizing it. Personally, I don't have a problem reading what you write or put up since it's not difficult reading that which is a generally less than a typical highschool essay - and if it's relevant detail/information, truth is truth and I'll study it

Apart from that, as it is, RCC have done much better in keeping the faith than others. Of course, when one has a bad understanding of the Body of Messiah, it's easy to dismiss entire parts of it while celebrating where you're at as the sum of it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Messianic History thread was a documentation of evidence. Since Messianic History thread was not a thread of responses, it is not even equal to this conversational thread.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

That is the commandment he was expanding upon when he said in John 7:
Rigtheous judgement (as John 7 notes) isn't the same as the kind of judgement Yeshua noted in Matthew 7 when it came to inconsistent judging - as in applying one standard to others while a differing one to yourself. That again is the issue behind judging other servants, claiming you're superior than them in one area/need them to be like you (even though you make allowances in other areas ) and condoning hypocrisy.

Yeshua was not forbidding judgment completely anymore than the Torah did - but He did make a point on what happens when you judge based on partiality/inaccuracy and said that's something the Lord hated. made that apparent when He then said, "For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you" (Matthew 7:2). Basically, the Lord is saying we should not judge others with a measure of judgment we would not want for ourselves. should note that Jesus did not forbid judging altogether. In the illustration of the mote and beam, one should note that He said we should take care of self first and then take care of our brother. After we have honestly examined ourselves, it is then acceptable to note the fault of another. From this context - if read in its entirety - we can see that what Jesus was forbidding was unrighteous judgment, not all judging. In fact, we find that on another occasion Jesus said, "Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment" (John 7:24) . Yeshua neither forbade nor exhorted His disciples to get involved in making judgments, but clearly taught that whatever judgments they did make had to be righteous judgments; their judgment was to be neither hypocritical nor unrighteous. But what is "righteous judgment?" If we are called upon to make judgments or if we are in situations where judgment is demanded, how is it to be done so it meets the definition of "righteous"? When we are called upon by the circumstances of any given situation to make a judgment about spiritual matters, the judgment we make cannot be based on our own standards. Personal opinion has no part in spiritual matters and all opinion is equally useless. The standard by which we will be judged is the words of Yeshua (John 12:47,48). A policemen who pulls you over cannot write you a ticket because he personally thought you should get one; he speaks and acts by the authority of the laws of the land in which he lives and works; in the same sense, we cannot impose our personal judgments on others, but must speak "as one who speaks oracles of God" (I Peter 4:11).

Moreover, we cannot make inconsistent judgments or judge with partiality; by that, I mean we cannot judge one more strictly than another when both are guilty of the same error. In order for judgment to be called "righteous," it must, of necessity, be fair and just. Of course, circumstances must be considered, but fairness must be the basic foundation of all judgment. Brethren who rightly condemn those who teach error must be willing to condemn their friends who teach error, too. When we apply a harsher judgment on one because he is not in our 'circle' of friends or judge another more leniently because he is, then we have judged with unrighteous ( hypocritical ) judgment.

Furthermore, if we must judge, we should judge with mercy, for "judgment is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy" (James 2:13) - and MERCY was something Yeshua often talked on at various points ( Hosea 6:5-7 Matthew 9:12-14 / Matthew 9/ Matthew 12:6-8/ Matthew 12 ). This goes back to the earlier statement of Yeshua that reminds us we will be judged with the same measure of judgment we have used on others (cf. Matthew 7:2). Although I cannot speak for you, but I am positive that we will all desire mercy when we stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

The whole law is how Yeshua explained it, it is not just about 'love' but what that entails.
And all of that was solved in the issue of love for others.

I never knew that keeping kosher (or observing Torah, obeying God's commands) had anything to do with our understanding of them at all. I thought we were to keep them and obey them because He commanded us to do so.
Obediance also required understanding of all that God said on the matter. One of the basic reasons behind why the entire Torah/God's instructions were read before the Hebrews collectively - out loud and at every point (as with Deuteronomy 27-32 and Nehemiah 8-12 - so that no one would be without excuse nor would others condemn others for not obeying a part of it that was never given to them to begin with since the Lord took that seriously)

Someone looking at Leviticus 11 on Food laws (as a Gentile) and saying "Well I'm obeying it and God said all had to keep it!!!!" doesn't equate to observing Torah as God commanded...as He also noted directly where the Gentile in the land were allowed to eat foods the Hebrews could not - and He made clear later on how he related to Gentiles differently in many places than the Jews.

That has already been noted on several occasions - if actually interested. Hiliel is one of the most prominent and there are various others outside of that as well. Contra has shared more on the issue (here and on MD) - and he'd be a good source to talk to. Qnts2 as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Messianic History thread was a documentation of evidence. Since Messianic History thread was not a thread of responses, it is not even equal to this conversational thread.
Doesn't matter (and as it is, it's already inaccurate since others gave responses ) - as verbose is verbose, regardless of the subject. And as said before, there have been dozens of other examples - including the repeated times you commented on things exceedingly long (and that folks had to note ahead of time) and had no issue (#1, #2, #3, #4, #18 #25, #43 , #44 , #45 , #47 #48 ). If one can remain "mute" there, then there's no reason to do so here. That's either a matter of innocent oversight - or willful neglection of details because it puts you in the same boat as you try to place others....and the only way to avoid that is to resort to partiality in assessments - something the Lord said plainly He never liked (Deuteronomy 1:17, Deuteronomy 16:19, Proverbs 11:1, Proverbs 20:23, Micah 6:11, James 3:16-18 )

There are no excuses except one doesn't want to deal with what they don't wish to address - but finds it easier to resort to ad-hominem as if it deals with scripture/concept. Doesn't fly and you should know better, v As it is, it's already bad enough you had to resort (again) to trying personal commentary instead of actually addressing scripture - and people on a high school level of work have done better with that multiple times.

Upvote 0

mishkan

There's room for YOU in the Mishkan!
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2011
Germantown, MD
Visit site
✟40,950.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So are you saying that Messianic Judaism is the real deal denomination and everyone else is....

Most assuredly, Messianic Judaism is the "real deal" (which is not to say that every person claiming an MJ "scroll" has everything correct). By definition, the community of Yeshua, as defined in the Messianic Writings, is a Judaism, as he rules the planet according to Torah from his throne in Zion.

If one is "committed" to that Yeshua--the King of Israel--then one has started at the right place, and will end at the right place.

Everyone else? I don't think it is our place to judge. I just do my best to strip away the veneer that has been used to obscure the simple message that is written in the Bible. I'm a big believer in the K.I.S.S methodology.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Feel better now?

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Feel better now?
Haven't changed at all, actually It's just hilarious seeing things not line up and people unable to see it - but such is life.

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟140,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And yet you ignore that His message was to the Jews FIRST. It is not like He did not command it for the goyim. In fact He did just that (instruct that His Torah be taken to the nations) after giving the Jews a chance to accept His ministry FIRST.

What did Messiah instruct His talmidim to do?
After He preached to the Jews?
After He was rejected by the Jews?
After He was persecuted by the Jews?
After He was turned over to the Romans for execution by the Jews?
After He was buried?
After He was resurrected?
After He appeared to His talmidim?
After He appeared to the multitudes?

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you...

Y'shua IS Torah. He was the epitome of Torah observant. That is what He taught His talmidim to be - correctly observant. So explain to me why would He instruct His talmidim to instruct 'all nations' (goyim) to observe 'all things' that He commanded (Torah)?
Because Torah was optional for goyim?
Or because all those that believe on Him and follow Torah become adopted into His family and grafted into Israel - just like His talmidim taught?

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟140,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By the way, I followed the links you posted in http://www.christianforums.com/t7712965-7/#post62193974 and many of them link to discussions and teachings of Torah non-observance. Since this is banned by the SoP, I thought I would let you know. I wouldn't want you to get in trouble.

The remark in that post, "and simply don't like what you get (Proverbs 14:6)", is probably against the rules too. It certainly feels like a personal put down. I'm not feeling the love you say you're giving, G.
Pro 14:6 "A scorner seeketh wisdom, and findeth it not: but knowledge is easy unto him that understandeth."

Maybe you should take a break until you feel better. We can pick this up later if you like.

Upvote 0