"come Out Of Her, My People"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherha

Oct 25, 2005
✟8,016.00
Faith
Christian
The Apostle Paul wrote, "Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas (Peter); and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?"

"For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?" 1 Cor 1-3.

"For where envying and strife is, there is confusion (as at Babel), and every EVIL WORK." Ja 3:16.

The denominational system, was never God's plan, but, man's carnal attempt to control the Gospel, with his various traditions. The Scripture refers to this Catholic/Protestant religious system, as the "Mother of harlots." Rev 17.

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world, is enmity with God? Whosoever will be the friend of the world, is the ENEMY OF GOD." Ja 4:4.

The prophets, Jesus, His disciples, and God-fearing Christians, have been tortured and martyred down through the centuries. It is said, that, there were more Christian martyrs in the 20th Century, than, in all other centuries combined.

Even, as we speak, our brethren are suffering for their faith.

So, why aren't we suffering persecution in the USA? Perhaps, because, we are, no longer, a serious threat to the powers of darkness. Have we forgotten, that, we are in a spiritual warfare with Satan?

Christian comedy, entertaining sermons, politically-correct sermons - milk, rather, than strong meat, fund-raising from the pulpit? When did Jesus and His disciples do such things?

The prophets, Jesus and His disciples were martyred for preaching and teaching the Gospel.

Do you love Him enough to be martyred for Him?

The signs of the end are upon us. It is time to surrender our various traditions, and cleave to the Word of God, alone. I have found, that, most error comes from incomplete study of the Scripture - the entire reference for every doctrine is Genesis-Revelation.

Let us be as the Bereans: "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the Word with all readiness of mind, searching the Scriptures, daily, whether those things were so." Acts 17:11

The Greek word for church, is "ekklesia," which, is defined as "called-out ones." The Lord has, always, had a remnant people.

"And I heard another Voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities." Rev 18:4,5.

Do you hear His Voice?

Jesus said, "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them and they follow me." John 10:27.

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟26,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am afraid the Western church is on its last legs. We have corrupt leaders, false prophets, lukewarm faith, people accepting alternative gospels, etc. I pray that God will send a revival for us to revert back to how its supposed to be. To turn away from the religion that we made, and go back to the relationship He established for us.

Upvote 0

BibleScribe

Jul 22, 2007
England
Visit site
✟15,202.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Interesting, forgive me if I'm wrong but, isn't the reason for the lack of persecution (if there is such a thing in this world), because of the rights the US tries to defend? If I remember right there's one stating that any man or woman can join any religion without being persecuted for it.

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟26,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Interesting, forgive me if I'm wrong but, isn't the reason for the lack of persecution (if there is such a thing in this world), because of the rights the US tries to defend? If I remember right there's one stating that any man or woman can join any religion without being persecuted for it.

Persecution is still wide spread in America though. Not necessarily being stoned to death, but being spat on, threatened, treated differently for having various beliefs, verbal abuse etc.

Upvote 0

BibleScribe

Jul 22, 2007
England
Visit site
✟15,202.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Persecution is still wide spread in America though. Not necessarily being stoned to death, but being spat on, threatened, treated differently for having various beliefs, verbal abuse etc.
Ah right, well I don't know much about America but I know here it's not too good either. I do agree with your comments on the western church though Zilam.

Upvote 0

BrotherDave

Sep 11, 2005
Bay Area, California
✟23,720.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you believe we are in or very near the end times then it would make sense that there is such a falling away of organized religions today. Not just in America but in the world. All one has to do is compare a church of today vs just 50 years ago to see changing doctrine, pleasurable music, increasing approval of sin and not much said about the sad state of man (Psalm 14:3, Rom 3:10) and God’s approaching wrath.

God warned that judgment would start at His house (I Peter 4:17) and that He would allow Satan to come as an angel of light and assume his seat in the temple (II Thess 2:4 , Mark 13:14, Matt 24:15, Revelation 13:7). Sadly, many believe that they can be happy and live a blissful life because some person said they were saved and have nothing to worry about (I Th 5:3). Unfortunately, like a single lustful thought is enough to bring God’s punishment a single change in scripture creates a false doctrine that will not bring salvation (Gal 1; 9, Eph 4:14). These are the ones Christ will turn away even though they believed they were doing good works (Mat 15:8, Matt 7:13, 22, Luke 13:27).

Seems that this is the time of great tribulation spoken of in Matthew 24: 21, a spiritual battle where many are driven deeper into sin, like in the days of Noah (Matt 24:37-39), Sodom and Gomorrah (2 Peter 2:6). But at the same time, God indicates that now a great multitude are being saved (Rev 7:9-14) because they recognize and are uncomfortable with man made doctrine and flee from them. The corporate church is supposed to represent God’s kingdom. We can examine how God has dealt with His people in the past after they stray from His truth. God’s patience with national Israel is described in the Book of Judges. We see God’s continued patience in I and II Samuel and I and II Kings. This is really parallel to God’s patience with the New Testament churches and congregations. From Revelation 2 and 3, we can see that most of these seven churches were already in trouble with God, indicating that even back to the beginning of the New Testament era, there were problems in the churches. However, God persisted with the New Testament churches for over 1900 years, just like He did with Israel. However, there came a time that judgment fell upon Israel for their increasing wickedness. For the ten northern tribes, it came in 709 B.C. and for the two southern tribes, known as Judah, it came in 587 B.C.

Today more than ever we need to prayfully study scripture and ask God for wisdom, understanding and strength so that we may live to His glory and not fall victim what we think is best for the world and pleasurable for us. As you have said a friend of the world is an enemy of God (James 4:4). From my perspective churches seem to do their best to be friends of the world or even elevate themselves and their doctrines to be above the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Honibee

Tasting the Lord's goodness
Sep 20, 2005
Passing through (in the USA)
✟25,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
The Apostle Paul wrote, "Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas (Peter); and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?"

"For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?" 1 Cor 1-3.

"For where envying and strife is, there is confusion (as at Babel), and every EVIL WORK." Ja 3:16.

The denominational system, was never God's plan, but, man's carnal attempt to control the Gospel, with his various traditions. The Scripture refers to this Catholic/Protestant religious system, as the "Mother of harlots." Rev 17.

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world, is enmity with God? Whosoever will be the friend of the world, is the ENEMY OF GOD." Ja 4:4.

The prophets, Jesus, His disciples, and God-fearing Christians, have been tortured and martyred down through the centuries. It is said, that, there were more Christian martyrs in the 20th Century, than, in all other centuries combined.

Even, as we speak, our brethren are suffering for their faith.

So, why aren't we suffering persecution in the USA? Perhaps, because, we are, no longer, a serious threat to the powers of darkness. Have we forgotten, that, we are in a spiritual warfare with Satan?

Christian comedy, entertaining sermons, politically-correct sermons - milk, rather, than strong meat, fund-raising from the pulpit? When did Jesus and His disciples do such things?

The prophets, Jesus and His disciples were martyred for preaching and teaching the Gospel.

Do you love Him enough to be martyred for Him?

The signs of the end are upon us. It is time to surrender our various traditions, and cleave to the Word of God, alone. I have found, that, most error comes from incomplete study of the Scripture - the entire reference for every doctrine is Genesis-Revelation.

Let us be as the Bereans: "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the Word with all readiness of mind, searching the Scriptures, daily, whether those things were so." Acts 17:11

The Greek word for church, is "ekklesia," which, is defined as "called-out ones." The Lord has, always, had a remnant people.

"And I heard another Voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities." Rev 18:4,5.

Do you hear His Voice?

Jesus said, "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them and they follow me." John 10:27.
I think we're seeing, a movement away from the traditions of man. George Barna did a study showing this trend out of the modern church back to 'home settings', where the Bible is embraced, studied, and followed. My family has made this move.

Upvote 0

Sherha

Oct 25, 2005
✟8,016.00
Faith
Christian
There is a worldwide movement, called, "House 2 House." You can find them online. It is www.house2house.net.

And, that,is what we are doing, here - coming out and coming together. Amen.

I would encourage you to read my posts, "Daniel, Revelation, & World History Reveal The Antichrist," and, "Revelation 13:11-Protestant America." You can find them on many sites, including, www.prophecytalk.com. On most sites, I am "Herald."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.