✟44,030.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi Ivy:wave:

Its good u started this thread, Fellow Namibian here, seems we are two or more here now.

I Normally post in South Africa or Sunny South Africa, because of our relativeness.

I hope we talk about things here.

You heard about that Horrific Road Accident that took 17 lives? It is so scarring, I think we should be praying more about our roads, they are taking so many lives.

later:wave:

Upvote 0

Ivondia

Nov 28, 2006
Windhoek, Namibia
✟15,332.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for joining. I hope more Namibians will join so we can have our own discussions, relevant to our country. We should work on introducing more people to CF!

I agree with you, we really need to pray. It is only the beginning of the festive season, and already we lost so many lives, around 23.

Hi Ivy:wave:

Its good u started this thread, Fellow Namibian here, seems we are two or more here now.

I Normally post in South Africa or Sunny South Africa, because of our relativeness.

I hope we talk about things here.

You heard about that Horrific Road Accident that took 17 lives? It is so scarring, I think we should be praying more about our roads, they are taking so many lives.

later:wave:

Upvote 0

jojogirly

Life is great but eternal life is better!!
Sep 28, 2006
At the foot of the cross
✟9,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, Jojogirl, what do you know about Namibia?;)
i've heard its a beautiful country! and would love to visit it:)
also ppl there learn Afrikanes which is a South African language. but my friend never wanted to learn it! why? i donno......personally i think its a nice language:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jojogirly

Sep 28, 2006
At the foot of the cross
✟9,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MY KNOWLEDGE OF NAMIBIA
Background:​

South Africa occupied the German colony of South-West Africa during World War I and administered it as a mandate until after World War II, when it annexed the territory. In 1966 the Marxist South-West Africa People's Organization (SWAPO) guerrilla group launched a war of independence for the area that was soon named Namibia, but it was not until 1988 that South Africa agreed to end its administration in accordance with a UN peace plan for the entire region. Namibia won its independence in 1990 and has been governed by SWAPO since. Hifikepunye POHAMBA was elected president in November 2004 in a landslide victory replacing Sam NUJOMA who led the country during its first 14 years of self rule. Geography Namibia

Southern Africa, bordering the South Atlantic Ocean, between Angola and South Africa
Geographic coordinates:​

22 00 S, 17 00 E
Map references:​

Africa
Area:​

total: 825,418 sq km
land: 825,418 sq km
water: 0 sq km
Area - comparative:​

slightly more than half the size of Alaska
Land boundaries:​

total: 3,936 km
border countries: Angola 1,376 km, Botswana 1,360 km, South Africa 967 km, Zambia 233 km
Coastline:​

1,572 km
Maritime claims:​

territorial sea: 12 nm
contiguous zone: 24 nm
exclusive economic zone: 200 nm
Climate:​

desert; hot, dry; rainfall sparse and erratic
Terrain:​

mostly high plateau; Namib Desert along coast; Kalahari Desert in east
Elevation extremes:​

lowest point: Atlantic Ocean 0 m
highest point: Konigstein 2,606 m
Natural resources:​

diamonds, copper, uranium, gold, lead, tin, lithium, cadmium, zinc, salt, hydropower, fish
note: suspected deposits of oil, coal, and iron ore
Land use:​

arable land: 0.99%
permanent crops: 0.01%
other: 99% (2005)
Irrigated land:​

80 sq km (2003)
Natural hazards:​

prolonged periods of drought
Environment - current issues:​

very limited natural fresh water resources; desertification; wildlife poaching; land degradation has led to few conservation areas
Environment - international agreements:​

party to: Antarctic-Marine Living Resources, Biodiversity, Climate Change, Climate Change-Kyoto Protocol, Desertification, Endangered Species, Hazardous Wastes, Law of the Sea, Ozone Layer Protection, Wetlands
signed, but not ratified: none of the selected agreements
Geography - note:​

first country in the world to incorporate the protection of the environment into its constitution; some 14% of the land is protected, including virtually the entire Namib Desert coastal strip

OK LOL! dont you just love what technology has done for all of us!!:D SEE NOW I KNW ABT YOUR COUNTRY!!

Upvote 0

jojogirly

Sep 28, 2006
At the foot of the cross
✟9,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well..I must say I am very impressed! That was fast. Well, Namibia is a very beatiful country. Vast country, lots of desert. They call it the land of contrast; desert, green, oceans! Very peaceful country. maybe you can come visit one day.
oohh i would love to!! just say the word and i'll be there!!
as long as you can give me lodging:D lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.