Come In For A Cup Of Comfort (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abigale

Good morning, everybody, I hope that your having a good day, here's how to have a better one lol

procrastination.jpg

Upvote 0
H

HeGaveMeWings

Good evening everyone :)

Just sharing some great things I've saved :)

How many of you have trouble letting go of grudges?
How many of you have a hard time stopping yourself
from worrying about everything?

It is curious to me as to why we CLING to that which
WE DO NOT NEED, yet SEEK NOT that which would RELIEVE
our anxiety and internal pain.

Why would we cling to something that is destructive
or painful? Does it makes sense to you?

I mean I full well recognize that internal pain,
worry and care can come from actual things we have
to deal with, but isn't there a better way to deal with it?

Can our attitude make a difference?
How about our perspective? Can we change these things?

Listen, I am a classic example of a person who worries.
But the secret is, I have learned how to get rid of
them quicker than I used to. And I have learned
how they only weigh me down and steal my joy,
and make me lose time I could be spending on
enjoying others, or doing something fun or useful.

Do you all relate to this?

While we are out stewing over what someone did to us,
and how dare they, and look at what is wrong with them,
they are going on with their lives! Here we are in a little
mud puddle of self pity and they are out enjoying themselves.

How dare they? Think again. How dare WE cling to that
which is destructive and painful and not receive healing
and go out and enjoy the life we have been given?

This makes sense my friends. And it is a mental discipline.
We have to choose to let go. We have to choose to forget.
Once that choice has been made when these things
return to our thinking we have to remind ourselves
we have chosen to let go. It is a discipline.

If you could form the habit of worry you can form
a new habit of letting go. It really is that simple.

I have fought this battle most of my life, and I can tell
you I know I have learned to change, and I love life
a lot more when I am not carrying around unnecessary
baggage. I bet you would like to be free too.

Even if it returns, you know now, how to let go.
Just do it again.

Just do it!

Upvote 0
H

HeGaveMeWings

To "let go" takes love

by Lloyd J. Thomas, Ph. D.

To "let go" is to fear less and to love more.

To "let go" is not to cut myself off, it is the realization I can't control another.

To "let go" is to acknowledge that which I cannot change, and pursue that which I can.

To "let go" is to admit powerlessness, which means the outcome is out of my hands.

To "let go" is not to try to change or blame another, it is to make the most of myself.

To "let go" is not to care for, but to care about.

To "let go" is not to fix, but to be supportive.

To "let go" is not to judge, but to allow another to be a human being.

To "let go" is not to be protective, it is to permit another to face reality.

To "let go" is not to deny, but to accept.

To "let go" is not to criticize and regulate anybody, but to try to become what I dream I can be.

To "let go" is not regret the past nor fear the future, but to grow and live in the present.

To "let go" is to forgive, not to condone.

To "let go" is to free myself of my collection of past hurts and resentments.

To "let go" does not mean to stop caring, it means to accept that I can't do it for someone else.

To "let go" is not to enable, but to allow learning from the natural consequences of the choices we make.

To "let go" is not to nag, scold or argue, but instead to search out my own shortcomings and to correct them.

To "let go" is not to adjust everything to my own desires, but to take each day as it comes, and to cherish myself in it.

To "let go" is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes, but to allow others to effect their own destinies.

Perhaps each one of us could use a little more practice at letting go.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
H

HeGaveMeWings

A Silent Sermon

A member of a certain church, who previously had been attending services regularly, stopped going. After a few weeks, the pastor decided to visit him. It was a chilly evening. The pastor found the man at home alone, sitting before a blazing fire. Guessing the reason for his pastor's visit, the man welcomed him, led him to a comfortable chair near the fireplace and waited.

The pastor made himself at home but said nothing. In the grave silence, he contemplated the dance of the flames around the burning logs. After some minutes, the pastor took the fire tongs, carefully picked up a brightly burning ember and placed it to one side of the hearth all alone. Then he sat back in his chair, still silent.

The host watched all this in quiet contemplation. As the one lone ember's flame flickered and diminished, there was a momentary glow and then its fire was no more. Soon it was cold and dead. Not a word had been spoken since the initial greeting. The pastor glanced at his watch and realized it was time to leave, he slowly stood up, picked up the cold, dead ember and placed it back in the middle of the fire.

Immediately it began to glow, once more with the light and warmth of the burning coals around it. As the pastor reached the door to leave, his host said with a tear running down his cheek, "Thank you so much for your visit and especially for the fiery sermon.
I shall be back in church next Sunday."​

Upvote 0

invisiblefootprints

My foot is on the ROCK and my name is on the ROLL!
Jul 16, 2004
✟28,257.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow...could I use a huge, gigantic, monster-sized cup of comfort!

Thank you! Feeling really jittery and nervous at the moment about things. Keep having nightmares about work. I'm trying not to let things get to me but it is really hard sometimes. I really appreciate the support here, thank you.
That sounds like me right now.

Really positive day at work today :thumbsup: Thank you for any prayers that came my way!
I'm hoping tomorrow will be that day for me.

HGMW, love your name!

I'm having a hard time dealing with the brutal workload that is on me. I worry about it because I know it needs to get done. But I'm only one person trying to clean up the messes of 30+ clerks that "don't care", several others that just don't take a minute to make sure they are being accurate & several other employees that "don't have time" to do their job properly, so I get to redo all of their stuff...one person...me. I can't make them care & I can't do it all. I can't get my job done because I'm doing too much of other peoples jobs. I've worked over every night this week. It just keeps getting worse & worse. I do worry/care that this stuff needs to be done right, but how far can I go with it? It's weighing me down with frustration & worry. How do you continue to care when everybody else doesn't seem to & how does one person evoke the changes that desperately need to be made before this business goes under due to lack of caring? I've gone to my supervisor & my department director with no results except to tell me to quit being so critical of the other people. If I go over their heads, they will know who did it & I feel I would be in very big trouble. How do I get this load off my shoulders without taking on that "I don't care" attitude myself? How do you not worry about things like that? Where do you draw the line between not worrying & not caring?
I'm off to bed now.
Hugs & prayers, my friends!
grouphugg.gif

Upvote 0
A

abigale

HGMW, love your name!

I'm having a hard time dealing with the brutal workload that is on me. I worry about it because I know it needs to get done. But I'm only one person trying to clean up the messes of 30+ clerks that "don't care", several others that just don't take a minute to make sure they are being accurate & several other employees that "don't have time" to do their job properly, so I get to redo all of their stuff...one person...me. I can't make them care & I can't do it all. I can't get my job done because I'm doing too much of other peoples jobs. I've worked over every night this week. It just keeps getting worse & worse. I do worry/care that this stuff needs to be done right, but how far can I go with it? It's weighing me down with frustration & worry. How do you continue to care when everybody else doesn't seem to & how does one person evoke the changes that desperately need to be made before this business goes under due to lack of caring? I've gone to my supervisor & my department director with no results except to tell me to quit being so critical of the other people. If I go over their heads, they will know who did it & I feel I would be in very big trouble. How do I get this load off my shoulders without taking on that "I don't care" attitude myself? How do you not worry about things like that? Where do you draw the line between not worrying & not caring?
I'm off to bed now.
grouphugg.gif
Ok, I'm sure I don't understand this situation because i don't see how you are responsible for other people's work? There are grey areas in every job, and the one to do those things usually gets that added to their workload, but don't you have a job description that outlines what is your responsibility and what is not? And if you stopped doing others jobs wouldn't the supervisor be made more aware of it than covering up inadaquecies of others?
I have often taken up the slack when no one else will and I full well know the thanklessness of it. I really suggest "letting go" of what is not yours to hold onto and not feel bad about it. If it messes up your work then you can honestly tell the super it was not your fault and point out how others mistakes affect your work.
jmho I know it can be hard. :hug: :) :wave: The reality is the more you do the more others let you do, it's a vicious circle, God bless and go easy on yourself. I'm sorry if you think I'm meddling but only you can effect a change. I hear so much like this and I know how easy it is to fall into.

Upvote 0

Maharg

wanting greater intimacy with Jesus
Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟22,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

HGMW, love your name!

I'm off to bed now.
grouphugg.gif
:hug: It sounds as though what you are doing is too much. You know, sometimes you do have to tell someone in senior management. It may not seem very nice, but it is actually showing integrity, as there is no way you can possibly do all that work. You could give people a fair warning first that that is what you will do. Keep praying about it, for God to turn their attitudes around, give them chance to change, and then perhaps consider reportnig them.

Hope this is helpful. Praying for you,

Maharg
x

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

invisiblefootprints

My foot is on the ROCK and my name is on the ROLL!
Jul 16, 2004
✟28,257.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prayers for RTM & her son.
The situation is, that I am the last person to have the account before the bill drops & I'm responsible for making sure the bill is clean. Which means making sure all the errors before me are cleaned up. The place I work has 1200 employees, plus we bill for 8 other facilities. The line between my job & everybody else's is very blurry. I have emailed departments that they have punched charges to wrong accounts only to have them email my supervisor asking for our office to do it for them & then she tells me to correct it.

Upvote 0

angelluv

God is my Daddy!
Jul 16, 2006
Visit site
✟1,574.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
coming in for a comfort cup...lifes been rough lately! my 18 yr old is in the hospital for overdosing on his meds...

I've never overdosed on my meds before, but I have gone to the hospital because of troubles. I will be praying that your son realizes how dangerous this is, and I'll also pray that he sees there is hope, even in a world that seems dreary. I'll be praying for you, that you will be able to make it through this as it is hard especially when it involves this. :hug:

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟424,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Good afternoon,
I just thought I'd stop by and say hello and ask if anyone has any prayer needs? If so, you can either post here, or if it is more of a personal matter, feel free to send me a PM.

See you around,
Quentin

Upvote 0

Dee235

Jun 20, 2004
East London
✟12,716.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Okay, update on my psychiatrist appointment. It went well, but it was scary. I'm now on 150 mg Wellbutrin xl, 150 Mg Effexor XR, and 2 1/2 mg of Risperdal. I've been freaking out about my new medicine all day today. Pray that it doesn't make me be all different and stuff.
Dear Lord, we bring Angelluv to you know. Lord you know her needs, in particular her medication. We pray Father that there will be absolutely no side effects. We pray that she will experience your peace and guidance Lord. If there is any reason that she should not take one of the items, Lord I pray that you will show her clearly. I pray this in the awesome wonderful name of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Dee235

Jun 20, 2004
East London
✟12,716.00
Faith
Pentecostal
South of France is where I'd love to be, not in the cities but travelling the small villages, taking pictures when I arrive and again of the friends I have met there.

Some more work advise for all of us!!!

qcanmugofcoffee11.gif
I really love being n a coffee break, but do think that maybe all the caffeine is not good for. This is concerning as I think that coffee is my one addiction, maybe other than reading.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.