GA
✟36,497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maharg, hon you're in my prayers...remember this...if it's a mountain to you...it's a mountain to God..and he can move mountains.
Don;t let anyone judge your mountains as mole hills or vice versa...you and you alone walk in your shoes. :hug: :prayer:

Angeluv...you too hon...and prayers for you are a given :hug:

Gazelle...my favorite Psalm, thank you for sharing!!

I've added a few new Blogs in the last 3 days, I also thank all of you who voted for me in the Mod of the month contest :hug:

I've decided today to let the Dr put me back on my effexor..it will get me back off this roller coaster.

Much love and hugs to you all...and please Keep Rachel (country)'s hubby in prayers...he went to the hospital yesteday with high BP, and Sugar....she's hoping on more feedback today, they are doing a stress test on him as well.

love you my friends
Tammy

Upvote 0

ForHisGlory

You're Invited To My Mansion In The Sky
Jun 3, 2006
GA
✟36,497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]NAILS IN THE FENCE[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow] [/FONT]
There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His Father gave him
a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must
hammer a nail into the back of the fence. The first day the boy had
driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as he learned
to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually
dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to
drive those nails into the fence.

Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all. He
told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out
one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper.

The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father
that all the nails were gone. The father took his son by the hand and led
him to the fence. He said, "You have done well, my son, but look at the
holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say
things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put
a knife in a man and draw it out. It won't matter how many times you
say I'm sorry, the wound is still there."

A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one. Friends are very rare
jewels, indeed! They make you smile and encourage you to succeed. They
lend an ear, they share words of praise and they always want to open
their hearts to us."

Just one more thing...

Please forgive me if I have ever left a hole in your fence!

~ author unknown ~

Upvote 0

ForHisGlory

Jun 3, 2006
GA
✟36,497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Surely as the sun rises in the East and sets in the West, I shall come unto you as the sun on a clear and bright day at noon shines down upon the earth.

And I shall pour forth My Spirit upon you, and it shall run as mighty rivers of water going forth in a powerful and great way. For there is a time when the river flows peacefully, and there is a time when the river flows at a rapid pace. I am calling you to come with Me, to take your journey upon the river. This is the river of My Spirit that flows forth from the very throne room, from My throne room. And as it goes forth I shall bring forth My people to come to rest in that peaceful journey upon the river.

There shall be times when you shall move rapidly, and you shall go through the rapids and you shall wonder, oh Lord, can I make this journey?
And I say unto you -- yes, you can make this journey, because I have taken a hold of you, and My hand is upon you. And I shall go with you, and I shall strengthen you. And I shall give you that strength deep within your own spirit that will encourage, and cause you to want to come with Me.
As you come with Me upon this journey, you shall see many things that you have not seen before, and you shall see those things through the eyes that I give unto you. For you shall see them through the spirit, not in the natural. You shall see them because I place My hand upon you, and I pour My Spirit down upon you.

Know that I am your God. Surely as I shine upon you, the brilliance of My light is being placed within you and upon you,
that you may shine and reflect the light that I have placed within you.

Know that I am your God, and that this day I have My hand upon you. So stand firm on the word that I have planted within you, and take your journey upon the river."

Author Unknown

Upvote 0

ForHisGlory

Jun 3, 2006
GA
✟36,497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open. Greet each day with your eyes open to beauty, your mind open to change, and your heart open to love.

Everyday can be a good day unless you allow someone to ruin it for you. Only you can allow this to happen. Without your consent they can't ruin your day. Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey!

Live your life each day as if you were climbing a mountain. An occasional glance towards the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vantage point.

Try to make at least one person happy every day, and than in ten years you may have made three thousand, six hundred and fifty persons happy, or brightened a city to the fund of general enjoyment.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. Don't expect someone to bring it for you. So never let a cloudy day ruin your sunshine, for even if you can't see it, the sunshine is still there, inside of you ready to shine when you let it."

Upvote 0

ForHisGlory

Jun 3, 2006
GA
✟36,497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe you've heard it said before that God answers prayer in three ways. Sometimes, the answer is "yes." Sometimes, the answer is "no." And sometimes, the answer is "wait a while." It's easy to accept an answer of "yes," but what about when God says, "no"?

Let me suggest three principles:
1. First of all, we need to trust God enough to realize that our all-loving, all-powerful Father loves us and has our best interest at heart. So when it seems that God says "no" to our prayers, we must trust Him enough to understand that there must be a good reason for it. It may be beyond our limited ability to understand, but we must simply trust God.

2. Second, we must not forsake God. Disappointment is a dangerous, powerful thing. When we get the feeling that God isn't listening to us, that He has said "no" to some prayer, we have a tendency to feel disappointed in Him. Then Satan whispers to us, "God said He loves you, but He's not here." If we allow that disappointment to harbor in our hearts, it can drive a wedge between us and God. We must continue to be faithful to our responsibility before God.

3. Third, we need to realize that the answer may not be "no," but only "wait a while." God always answers our prayers immediately, but sometimes there's a delay in the giving of the answer and that can be a difficult thing for us to accept. The ability to wait for an answer is one of the marks of maturity. Be willing to let God answer in his own time, in his own way, and in his own power.

Many people see God as a divine vending machine in which you deposit one prayer and out pops a blessing. But what happens when you put your money in the Coke machine and nothing comes out? You get angry and you kick the Coke machine. So it's not surprising that such a view of God and prayer leads to disappointment when God says no.

I believe that we need to foster an entirely different view of prayer from that one. Our God is the Great God of the Universe, the Creator of all things that exists other than Himself. For us to even venture to speak to Him is presumptuous. For us to ask Him to pay attention to our requests and then hope for Him to meet them requires bold expectation. In fact, such would be arrogance if it were not for the simple fact that God tells us to do just that.

Looking from the proper perspective, we will not ask "What happens when God says no?" but rather "What happens when God says yes?" That the God of the heavens would listen to us and our needs is a great testimony to His great love for us; and it is that love that will lead Him to say no from time to time. At those times, we must trust Him knowing that he loves us and desires what is best for us. We must never forsake Him nor our duty toward Him. And we must realize that what we interpret to be an answer of "no" may just be God telling us to wait a while.

"This is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us." (I John 5:14)

Upvote 0

Maharg

wanting greater intimacy with Jesus
Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟22,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the support and prayers. :hug:

God has been showing me today to put things in perspective. I've got so focused on my work that it's pretty much become an idol - and I have been focusing my efforts around my job instead of around fulfilling God's purposes. I'm trying to refocus on God and to remember that my life has to fall in with His plan. when it does his, all things should slot into place because I am meeting His priorities. I really appreciate the prayers and support. Thank you.

:hug:
Maharg

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Maharg, with all you've been going thru with the calling that you have with your job, your endurance is an example to all of us. I don't think God sends us anywhere we really want to be , except I wonder if they need missionaries on the beaches of the Bahamahs. eheh. God bless your day. I wish I could be more help :blush: (but perhaps I did and that's not for me to say) (now I'm confused, how did that happen? Garden material. God bless!)
:hug: :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angelluv

God is my Daddy!
Jul 16, 2006
Visit site
✟1,574.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, update on my psychiatrist appointment. It went well, but it was scary. I'm now on 150 mg Wellbutrin xl, 150 Mg Effexor XR, and 2 1/2 mg of Risperdal. I've been freaking out about my new medicine all day today. Pray that it doesn't make me be all different and stuff.

Upvote 0

Maharg

wanting greater intimacy with Jesus
Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟22,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Maharg, with all you've been going thru with the calling that you have with your job, your endurance is an example to all of us. I don't think God sends us anywhere we really want to be , except I wonder if they need missionaries on the beaches of the Bahamahs. eheh. God bless your day. I wish I could be more help :blush: (but perhaps I did and that's not for me to say) (now I'm confused, how did that happen? Garden material. God bless!)
:hug: :hug:
:thumbsup: you did help! :hug: thank you. It's just so good to have the encouragement. And, I do know that there is a beach mission in the South of France. Sounds lovely! : )

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
South of France is where I'd love to be, not in the cities but travelling the small villages, taking pictures when I arrive and again of the friends I have met there.

Some more work advise for all of us!!!

qcanmugofcoffee11.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

angelluv

God is my Daddy!
Jul 16, 2006
Visit site
✟1,574.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OOh, my boss just offered me the oppertunity of a lifetime. I work at a daycare and love the job. I'm actually going to school about early childhood cuz I love it so much.

My boss said that in January 2008 there would be a full time job opening. She really wants me to take it, and she says I will get a scholarship to go to night school and learn about Early childhood development. She's also going to find me an apartment, and give me insurance.

I'm still trying to figure out if I want to take it or not. My parents disagree, but for some reason it feels right.

What are your guys' thoughts?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.