Come in and sit a spell with us in UNCLE HIRAM's DELI [open]

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
This thread was split automatically after 1000 replies and this thread has been automatically created.
The old thread automatically closed is here: "[open] Uncle Hirams Corner Deli"

Feb 20, 2004
Visit site
✟22,847.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Henaynei said:
This thread was split automatically after 1000 replies and this thread has been automatically created.
The old thread automatically closed is here: "[open] Uncle Hirams Corner Deli"
I don't think the idea that this was all automatic has quite been driven home. :D

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Vaneeza Malkah said:
I read the Messianic Judaism Wikipedia a long time back and it was rather insulting and less than attractive...
I found nothing there except an empty thread set aside for us..... and the point of the CF Wiki is to permit folks to set the record straight :)

Upvote 0

Vaneeza Malkah

Baruch Hashem!
Aug 8, 2005
I am in the United States, but I support Israel
✟26,180.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Vaneeza Malkah said:
I'm talking about this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messianic_Judaismhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messianic_Judaism

looks it's changed a little, the last time I read it it was obviously written by someone who had a strong disagreeance with the messianic movement.
oh :) I'm speaking of the CF wiki - sorry to hear about the other :( but I suppose that such is not unexpected given the majority view of Messianics by believers, non-believers, Jews and non-Jews :) - ill-informed, mis-informed and often feeling threatened .....

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,864.44
Faith
Messianic
I thiought it was time to bring out today's special...

First the cafe has been redecorated for the season...

The table is has been set with the best dishes, a low floral arrangement, a tablecloth, and two candles and candlesticks.

A Haggadah at each setting (or every other setting.)
On the chairs a pillow or cushion for leaning.

On the table near Uncle Hiram is a small basin of water for the hand washing and a towel to dry the hands.

On the table within everyone's reach

Small bowls of salty water.
Wine goblet or glass.
Extra bitter herbs and charoset for a large family or gathering.
A plate of matzah.
A bottle of wine or grape juice (one bottle per every six to eight people).

So now are you ready...
Acorn Squash With Apple Stuffing (Serves 4)
2 acorn squash (1 1/4 lb.)
2 Tbsp. melted margarine
salt
cinnamon
STUFFING:
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup sweet wine
3 medium apples
4 Tbsp. margarine
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Halve the squashes and scoop out seeds and stringy interiors. Trim undersides so halves will sit flat. Brush cut surfaces with melted margarine and sprinkle with salt and cinnamon. Place in baking pan with cut sides down. Put 1/2 cup water in pan, or enough to just cover the bottom of pan. Bake squash 30 minutes in preheated 350~ oven.
While squash is baking, soak raisins in wine to plump. Chop apples to 1/2 inch cubes, peeled or unpeeled. In small frying pan melt margarine and add apples. Cook 3-5 minutes, until slightly wilted. Stir in sugar and lemon juice.

When squash has cooked 30 minutes, turn cut sides up. Drain raisins, add to apple mixture. Then fill squash cavities. Cover and bake 20-30 minutes more or until tender.
Serve this with
Broccoli Knishes
1 cup mashed potatoes
1/3 cup matzah meal
2 tbsp. potato starch
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
2 egg whites or 1/4 cup Passover egg substitute
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli, steamed and finely chopped
Cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl combine the potatoes, matzah meal, potato starch, onion, egg whites, pepper and salt and knead together. Divide the dough into 6 balls and flatten each. Divide the broccoli evenly onto each circle, fold over, and press edges to seal.

Generously coat a baking sheet with the cooking spray. Arrange the knishes in a single layer and place the baking sheet on the bottom rack of the oven. Bake for 15 minutes on each side. Serve hot. Serves 6.
And this...
SWEET STYLE GEFILTE FISH
BROTH

Fish Bones from fish store
2-3 Carrots
2 celery ribs
2-3 small onions
2-3 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup sugar
GEFILTE FISH
1 pound dore, ground
1/2 pound whitefish, ground
1/2 pound pike, ground
2 eggs
l medium minced onion
l large minced carrot
l stalk minced celery
1/3 cup matzo meal, about
1 cup ice water, about
2 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 - 3/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 - 3/4 cup sugar
BROTH:
Water to cover fish bones, plus about 1/3 cup sugar, 2-3 teaspoons salt, celery, carrots, and two to three small quartered onions

Mince fish (even though it is ground) with a hand mincer or in food processor to make fluffier, adding in about 1/4 cup ice water as you do this. Make sure fish is minced well, then proceed to mix in remaining ingredients as for making hamburgers, adding a bit more ice water in small amounts to fluff up fish if it looks too pasty. (Again, this can be done in a food processor or by using an old fashioned chopper (a double bladed thing with a wood handle - still avail. in kitchen stores, called a "hoch masser" in Yiddish - transliteral spelling).

If mixture is very loose, add more matzoh meal (but chilling will help). Chill, for easier handling, then shape into balls, using wet hands (re-dip as necessary) to form balls.

Bring broth to a boil, lower to simmer. Add fish balls and simmer coverer for 2 hours. Chill well.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Just in time for dinner!!

Shavua tov all!! :wave:

visionary said:
I thiought it was time to bring out today's special...

First the cafe has been redecorated for the season...

The table is has been set with the best dishes, a low floral arrangement, a tablecloth, and two candles and candlesticks.

A Haggadah at each setting (or every other setting.)
On the chairs a pillow or cushion for leaning.

On the table near Uncle Hiram is a small basin of water for the hand washing and a towel to dry the hands.

On the table within everyone's reach

Small bowls of salty water.
Wine goblet or glass.
Extra bitter herbs and charoset for a large family or gathering.
A plate of matzah.
A bottle of wine or grape juice (one bottle per every six to eight people).

So now are you ready...Serve this with
And this...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bananna

Contributor
Site Supporter
Apr 26, 2005
PNW
Visit site
✟31,962.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Wow 1000+ awesome Dude!

Yum Passover We will have a huge house full and not sure but probably all on the floor. Our family tradition is to read the part about reclining at the table while lying down at a low table that is huge we only have out once a year. This year I may have to put big legs on it and eat in regular chairs.

Bananna

Upvote 0

Vaneeza Malkah

Baruch Hashem!
Aug 8, 2005
I am in the United States, but I support Israel
✟26,180.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
speaking of reclining, here is how many pakistanis recline while they eat: yes that is seat cushions and pillows to recline on :) when we have guests (sometimess 15-20 in our small 700 square foot apartment) we set the room like this, though we do reserve the table for the elder people...

dsc_1237.jpg

Upvote 0

Bananna

Contributor
Site Supporter
Apr 26, 2005
PNW
Visit site
✟31,962.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I like the reclining at the table. Maybe we can have both, but I think we will only have a u shaped table arangement to actually accomodate two to three other families. LOL that will only double our company... so let me count...14+5+4+2=25 and of those under 6 there will be 5. We should be able to fit everyone just fine. We made it through Hanukkah just fine with 32.

I'll have more help with food this time I think.

bananna

Upvote 0