Apr 24, 2008
At home
✟7,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is kind of silly, really.

I asked a friend for help in making a decision about which course I want to do, and she is being biased because she doesn't want me in her course. (we argue a lot, and if I am completely honest, one of the reasons I am thinking of changing my degree is because we argue too much and we have to work together.)

Upvote 0

Viper07

Legend
Apr 15, 2007
✟73,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Holly sorry, I was waiting for you to reply and went to post elsewhere while I waited.

Ok, it sounds like you and your friend need to have a good talk and bring everything out in the open. I really don't see why you would have to change coarses because you feel your friend doesn't want you in the coarse she is doing.

You should speak to her about it and explain how you feel, perhaps she will explain her reasons as to why you should do a different course.

Upvote 0

hollypparker

Apr 24, 2008
At home
✟7,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The weird thing with her is that she can be really horrible to me, telling me that everything I do is wrong, and be really critical. But then, when I was really down last week, she was there for me in a heart beat.

She always used to tell me that I do not spend enough on my clothes - I buy clothes I like from a good bargain shop, and to be honest I have no interest in clothes shoppinganyway, so I buy clothes that keep me warm.

It turned out that she thought I didn't think myself worthy of trendy clothes, when actually for me, I just have different priorities and interests.

She confuses me sometimes.

(I also have High Functioning Autism, so I get confused easily)

Upvote 0

Viper07

Legend
Apr 15, 2007
✟73,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The weird thing with her is that she can be really horrible to me, telling me that everything I do is wrong, and be really critical. But then, when I was really down last week, she was there for me in a heart beat.

She always used to tell me that I do not spend enough on my clothes - I buy clothes I like from a good bargain shop, and to be honest I have no interest in clothes shoppinganyway, so I buy clothes that keep me warm.

It turned out that she thought I didn't think myself worthy of trendy clothes, when actually for me, I just have different priorities and interests.

She confuses me sometimes.

(I also have High Functioning Autism, so I get confused easily)
wow, your friend sounds really confusing :eek: It does sound to me like she has some sort of control over you, one minute she is there for you and next minute she seems to want to put you down. Maybe she does have a genuine friendship with you but it sounds like she wants you to dress the way she would like you to bring you up to her standard. I am not sure what is going on there but I still think you need to speak to her about the very things you are discussing here. Try and get her to sit down with you and ask some of these questions to see what kind of reponse you get, only then will you know what it is that bothers her so much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Viper07

Legend
Apr 15, 2007
✟73,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At the moment I am doing Media Production, Creative Writing and English at a Degree level. I am thinking of dropping Media Production.

If I drop Media Production, it means I can do Literary History and Drama in English.
do you have Student counsellors you could speak to about your dilemma ? Perhaps they may be able to guide you in your decision :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hollypparker

Apr 24, 2008
At home
✟7,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
how old are you, if you don't mind me asking.

Yell at me if that is a rude question.

The Uni advice isn't that great. But the guy who is the additional support team said that I should drop it, because I am getting too bored in lessons as I know the stuff they are teaching.

I am quite old for being at Uni - 24. I took a few years out after college to look after my brother.

What do you do then?

Upvote 0