Colorado school district opens to door to allow the grooming of children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Colorado district equity docs reveal methodical system to deceive parents on in-school social transitions

Colorado district equity docs reveal methodical system to deceive parents on in-school social transitions

And in case you are wondering about the sensational thread title, the district sets up “trusted adults” for the children to interact with, apart from the parent’s awareness. Groomers are trusted adults. What will stop the really evil ones (because helping kids with lies is already evil) from taking advantage of this?

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Groomers are trusted adults. What will stop the really evil ones from taking advantage of this?

This is the same situation as youth pastors, gymnastics coaches, pediatricians, old family friends, step-parents.... you name it. We rely on the stiff penalties for child abuse as a deterrent, and surround young people with mandatory reporters as much as possible.

Of course it doesn't stop them all. But the proper response is not to eliminate youth pastors...

And in case you are wondering about the sensational thread title, the district sets up “trusted adults” for the children to interact with...
...in case they feel "unsafe" in school

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
This is the same situation as youth pastors, gymnastics coaches, pediatricians, old family friends, step-parents.... you name it. We rely on the stiff penalties for child abuse as a deterrent, and surround young people with mandatory reporters as much as possible.

I have never heard of any situation where these professionals are given permission to talk to kids about anything and keep it from the parents.
Of course it doesn't stop them all. But the proper response is not to eliminate youth pastors...
And I’m not for eliminating teachers.
...in case they feel "unsafe" in school
I’m not sure what your point is, especially since you truncated my statement.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I’m not sure what your point is, especially since you truncated my statement.

Although you (and your sensational title) have portrayed this as a secret transition consultant (or worse), the text of the story and the district document states it is a "Go To Adult" to deal with safety and bullying issues at the school.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
FOXnews

And in case you are wondering about the sensational thread title, the district sets up “trusted adults” for the children to interact with, apart from the parent’s awareness. Groomers are trusted adults. What will stop the really evil ones (because helping kids with lies is already evil) from taking advantage of this?
Can you source the documents? Because your website doesn't. What kind of news outlet writes an article about documents and doesn't source the actual documents? All their links go back to their website of articles that aren't related to the school documents.

• Optimistic
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Although you (and your sensational title) have portrayed this as a secret transition consultant (or worse), the text of the story and the district document states it is a "Go To Adult" to deal with safety and bullying issues at the school.
And why do teachers get to make that choice? There should be no reason that a teacher keeps this info from a parent.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
And why do teachers get to make that choice? There should be no reason that a teacher keeps this info from a parent.
It's not clear that it is. If there was a safety issue, I'd expect the parents to be involved, regardless of the reasons.

Even with respect to transitioning, the most the article says is that "the district appeared to leave the option open to keep parents in the dark about their kids' gender expression. Fox News Digital requested clarification from the district on the wording of its toolkit but did not immediately receive a response."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Since you won't\can't provide the actual documents, could you quote the part of the article that talks about setting up "trusted adults" (why did you put that in quotes? That phrase doesn't appear in the article. Is it in the documents you said you won't\can't link to?)? No where in the article did I read anything that suggests your thread title.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's not clear that it is. If there was a safety issue, I'd expect the parents to be involved, regardless of the reasons.
With the exception of circumstances where the child is reporting the bad actions of a parent, themselves, to school staff, in which case I'd expect the staff's next call to be to the police and not to the parents.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Since you won't\can't provide the actual documents, could you quote the part of the article that talks about setting up "trusted adults" (why did you put that in quotes? That phrase doesn't appear in the article. Is it in the documents you said you won't\can't link to?)? No where in the article did I read anything that suggests your thread title.
The document creates a pre-formulated response in advance if parents ask questions and assigned a "trusted adult" to the student in case they feel "unsafe" in school.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The document creates a pre-formulated response in advance if parents ask questions and assigned a "trusted adult" to the student in case they feel "unsafe" in school.
Now, if you click that link, does it tell you anything about this district assigning 'trusted adults' to students?

Making it a hyperlink gives it the look of substantiating evidence, but as Say it aint so pointed out, none of the story's links actually link to supporting evidence. Just other FOX stories calculated to drive you mad/appeal to culture warriors.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Now, if you click that link, does it tell you anything about this district assigning 'trusted adults' to students?

Making it a hyperlink gives it the look of substantiating evidence, but as Say it aint so pointed out, none of the story's links actually link to supporting evidence. Just other FOX stories calculated to drive you mad/appeal to culture warriors.
It's the FOXnews (and also WashTimes who does the same), endless links not to the actual sources, but other like stories that they also don't source.

An echo chamber on steroids.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
“Your treacher tells me that sometimes you think that you’re a girl, Johnny, that’ll teach you to trust this adult with confidences, also we’re going hunting.”

• Agree
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.