Feb 2, 2006
In God's country
✟8,231.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello there! I hope you're all having a nice week, that I am. ^_^

What I need, though, is serious prayer. I know it may sound selfish to ask when so many others have it much worse that myself, but I desperately need prayer to be functional and safe at college.

I started last week on Wednesday, but each day, before I set out, my heart was beating and I was more nervous that I had been for a long time. It actually borderlined the feeling that made me have to be on antidepressants years ago.

The thing is, I have such a fear and anxiety of being unprepared, and no matter how prepared I am, I still feel unprepared. I suppose it's just a feeling of anxiety in general.

So I ask you to please pray for me, for I truly need it. Thank you and have a wonderful week!

Reactions: JPPT1974

BelievingInHim

May 16, 2007
✟15,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father God, I pray for Your perfect peace to fill the heart and mind of this young man. You offer a peace better than the world can give. Help him to focus on you, Lord. Calm his spirit in the midst of this busy time. Build a hedge of protection around him and keep him safe from all harm. I humbly ask that you bind the spirit of anxiety and take it away completely. FIll him instead with Your peace and love. I pray this in the name of Jesus. Amen

Upvote 0

ForeverHopeful

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
✟11,669.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father, I give you praise and thanks for joining us together in prayer. I know that nothing is too small or too big for you. I pray in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ that THY will is done and that this young man finds a peace that passess all understanding, just knowing that this is in your hands. Give him guidance and wisdom and thank you for all of the blessings you've given to him, Amen

Upvote 0

Angel_of_the_Lord

I shall serve God.
Feb 2, 2006
In God's country
✟8,231.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do so appreciate all of your prayer! I sincerely think that the Lord has given me (so far) a wonderful college experience! I'm enjoying all of my classes, the schedule, the people, and everything in general!

I've also changed my major. After much thought,I've decided to major in psychology. I've enjoyed psychology for so long, and if I become a clinical psychologist, I can help people more than if I had stuck with business management. I've enjoyed psychology for the longest time, and I hope I continue to love it while I major in it. I feel as though the Father truly wants me to do this (it's an indication that He does since my Aunt Shelia is excited about it- she was the only other member of my family to complete college ^_^. Kya ha!), and my Aunt Shelia brought up a good point: it would help me minister to people. I think psychology is really my calling, but hey, the tides of fate change from time to time, though I hope they don't change and steer me away from psychology! :)

Upvote 0

gloryseven

Contributor
Nov 28, 2006
North American Union (Canada, Mexico, US)
✟22,262.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
:hug: Lord, I lift up this young man to You. I ask that You hear this prayer about his panic and anxiety he is feeling and the overwhelming emotions he is dealing with.

Jesus, please be with him, help him and comfort him. Send the Holy Spirit to give him wisdom and might and help his mind rest in knowing that You have given him the Holy Spirit as his teacher and counselor.

Lord, please help him in this decision to study psychology and help him to enjoy his work and to be safe and productive at college this year. Bless his friendships and help him to lean on You.

Lord Jesus, bless his Aunt Sheila who has encouraged him and help him family to show him support and love. Amen.
:groupray: :crossrc:

Upvote 0

ahmunmun

聖戰武士
Sep 6, 2004
My heart is in Hong Kong...
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Dear Lord, please prepare this brother for college and help him overcome his fears. Give him the peace that You provide to us, knowing that there is nothing too hard for You to accomplish in this brother. In Your mighty Name I pray, Amen!

Upvote 0