Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No problem, wvmtnkid. I think it's really sweet that you're doing this. Also, if you know of those Christian bookstores like Lifeway and Zondervans, they sell these cards for like 10 cents that are about the size of a business card and have little encouraging notes on them. I get those for my friends all the time, because they don't cost much and they're really cute. :angel:

Upvote 0

plum

my thoughts are free
Nov 30, 2003
✟48,380.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh wow, I wish I had the experience of getting a care package in college! I don't even commute, but ti's not my famly's style to do that kinda thing. Not the worst that could ever happen though.

BUT, my roomie gets one every week, a small one. She's faaar from home (Oregon-home, Michigan-college) so her mom sends her the local paper, the Sunday comics (or cut out comics her mom knows she would think are funny), her snail mail, a CD, a handwritten letter, often homemade food, a gift certificate... sometimes she gets random things like Dr. Scholls products or a video tape of funny commercials to watch....

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Still some good ideas, missju! I also incorporated some of these ideas into a care package to send to one of my neighbor son's, who is serving in the military and is getting ready to be shipped out to Iraq. He is in training still in the states right now, but he leaves in the next couple of weeks. I sent him a package right before Christmas, not realizing he was going to be home for Christmas. Thanks to all of your wonderful ideas, I got a nice visit from him and many thanks from him and his buddies. He even told me that his box earned him the priviledge of doing 25 push-ups. It seems whoever gets the biggest box in the mail for the day has to do 25 push ups. He said it was worth it though!

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Clay

Clay in the Potter's Hand
Feb 6, 2002
New Hampshire
Visit site
✟1,755.00
Faith
Protestant
local stuff is awesome! i go to school in Florida and live in New Hampshire, a good 2,000 mile difference, and i love getting pictures, newspaper, church bulletins, whatever that gives me something from home that no one else would have. food is also a norm when it comes to care packages, same with money and calling cards. :) just make them real personal. find out about the college students, what they enjoy and etc... and just cater the package around that. believe me, every second and time of thought put into these, makes the happiness last days longer.

Upvote 0