Are Spiritual Chills While Praying Wrong? (Feeling Cold)

BNDx

:D
Nov 24, 2012
✟7,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I heard about this once. It is a kundalini python sprit. It involves the devil taking over someone's mind with his powers. Repent and seek prayer imeediately.

youtube. com/watch?v=hZD2fOyHm7w

Thanks for your reply, but it's not an evil spirit. I feel closer to God than I've ever felt in my entire life. I just wondered if maybe others felt this when they've felt really close to God. God bless.

Upvote 0

BNDx

:D
Nov 24, 2012
✟7,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Satan is not deceiving me. I'm a believer in Jesus Christ. It's not a scary feeling. It's not terror or dread or painful. It's a calmness that comes over me. It's peace that can only be related to God. I know there have got to be people out there who've felt something similar. Some peaceful feeling that makes you feel closer to God.

Upvote 0
A

asf1980

Satan is not deceiving me. I'm a believer in Jesus Christ. It's not a scary feeling. It's not terror or dread or painful. It's a calmness that comes over me. It's peace that can only be related to God. I know there have got to be people out there who've felt something similar. Some peaceful feeling that makes you feel closer to God.

I have had that feeling many many times. I assume it's from god but don't know for sure.

Upvote 0
A

asf1980

Thanks for responding :) That makes me feel better. It's honestly one of the best feelings ever!

Im so guilty of this too so please dont think im picking on you because im not lol. The internet is a horrible place to find truth.. I have spent many nights searching for answers on the internet and have just become more confused in the process..

As far as what you have experienced i have had those joyful somewhat overwhelming but not overwhelming feelings during prayer.. Sometimes i when im at work i get this awesome feeling that comes and goes rather quickly and instantly makes me pray ( in my head ) and say thank you for being there Lord. But many on here will tell you its a demon spirit and you are possessed. Ive personally never read anything in the bible that would make me think these feelings are from an evil spirit. If they are from satan then im in alot of trouble as that would mean satan has tricked me. But i dont belive that i have been deceived.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The past day or so I've been getting what feels like cold chills/surges of electricity during my body during prayer. Has anyone ever experienced cold chills moving through your body as you pray? Is this something that's normal or am I just insane? :p

hey, how are you doing? I'll be honest --- I know what you're talking about. Now, that doesn't happen to me too often, however, Sometimes, when I'm praying for a particular person or sometimes just a thing/event, sometimes, i either get either a cold chill or sometimes its a "peace" type of a chill --- don't really know how to describe it but, when I get that, sometimes I am overcome w/ umm, i wouldn't call it grief but, I would get teary-eyed as well. But, the teary eyes doesn't happen often, usually its just the cold chills as you said and the peace chills that course through my body. So, you're not alone and it's not an attack from Satan as someone else suggested i think. I believe it's from the HOly Spirit and I believe when that happens, that he's talking to you and telling you that you're onto something and that you're praying in the correct way. So, whatever you're praying for, keep at it as you never know how God may use you from this experience!

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The past day or so I've been getting what feels like cold chills/surges of electricity during my body during prayer. Has anyone ever experienced cold chills moving through your body as you pray? Is this something that's normal or am I just insane? :p

It is not uncommon for The Holy Spirit to make his presence known in a more tangible manner during closeness in prayer or worship to God. It is truly a remarkable blessing to be enjoyed ... an experience which is divine and there is no need to be anxious about it. While i havent experienced what you call 'cold chills' ... i have experienced a 'warmth' ,sort of like a blanket being thrown up in the air and having it slowly descend all over me with a strong feeling of love and comfort -- this has happened on several occasions with the biggest experience of it coming during the time i was with my Dad when he passed away . Other times have occured during the singing and deep worship of a specific christian chorus (called : I Exalt Thee) while i was alone in my car driving down the highway as well as in prayer in front of my sofa . They are all confirmations that Gods presence is with us ... and it is something to be joyful and grateful over.

Whatever God has for you, simply recieve it with thankfulness.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

It is nothing to do with God. He doesn't make appeals to our flesh, but to our mind, and will, and spirit. You run a very great danger of coming to think that you can't have deep fellowship with God unless there is some kind of peculiar, fleshly sensation to validate that you are. No where in the Bible, however, will you ever read that odd sensations are part of walking with God. Certainly no writer of the New Testament ever urges believers to search for, or to expect, "cold chills" or "surges of electricity."

You will find such sensations as common to pagan\New Age religions, though. That should give you some serious pause in thinking something good is going on when you have these sensations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I would say you are experiencing a mix of things. The surges of electricity, sound to me like God is showing you how powerful he is. The cold chills in my opinion would be a demon trying to interfere with the experience.

It is common when a person prays to get a mix of heavenly and demonic activity. Basically God wants to work in us, and will give us positive experiences, at the same time Satan tries to resists us.

In my own personal prayer when ever I feel cold chills, I search my heart. Often if I am exulting self I get cold chills. We need to be mindful to exult Christ alone, and not think the good we experience is due to our goodness. I hope that did not sound too condemning for it is not intended to be. It is just advice.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It is...disturbing how easily Christians assume that a physical sensation attached to prayer MUST be of God. Why is this? Why MUST the sensation be from God? Why couldn't it be a demonic set-up? Why couldn't it be a Satanic maneuver from the demonic realm designed to get the believer to depend upon a fleshly experience of warmth, or electricity, or chills as much or more than the plain declaration of God's word?

Sensual Faith: Oh, God, You Make Me Feel Sooo Good! | Christian Forums

Upvote 0