ADELAIDE
✟9,425.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:confused:

Mark 14

As Peter was below in the courtyard, one of the servant-girls of the high priest came,
67 and seeing Peter warming himself, she looked at him and said, "You also were with Jesus the Nazarene."
68 But he denied it, saying, "I neither know nor understand what you are talking about." And he went out onto the porch
69 The servant-girl saw him, and began once more to say to the bystanders, "This is one of them!"
70 But again he denied it. And after a little while the bystanders were again saying to Peter, "Surely you are one of them, for you are a Galilean too."
71 But he began to curse and swear, "I do not know this man you are talking about!"
72 Immediately a rooster crowed a second time. And Peter remembered how Jesus had made the remark to him, "Before a rooster crows twice, you will deny Me three times." And he began to weep.

So when did the rooster crow the first time??
besides, it sounds like the other Gospel accounts suggest that the rooster only had to crow once, for Jesus words to come true....

Lk 22
And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how He had told him, "Before a rooster crows today, you will deny Me three times."

Matt 26

75 And Peter remembered the word which Jesus had said, "Before a rooster crows, you will deny Me three times." And he went out and wept bitterly.

Jn 13
Jesus answered, "Will you lay down your life for Me? Truly, truly, I say to you, a rooster will not crow until you deny Me three times.

:scratch:

Kristos

Servant
Aug 30, 2006
Minnesota
✟37,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
verse 68. What translation are you using? This is from the KJV:
Mar 14:66 And as Peter was beneath in the palace, there cometh one of the maids of the high priest:
Mar 14:67 And when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and said, And thou also wast with Jesus of Nazareth.
Mar 14:68 But he denied, saying, I know not, neither understand I what thou sayest. And he went out into the porch; and the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] crew.
Mar 14:69 And a maid saw him again, and began to say to them that stood by, This is one of them.
Mar 14:70 And he denied it again. And a little after, they that stood by said again to Peter, Surely thou art one of them: for thou art a Galilaean, and thy speech agreeth thereto.
Mar 14:71 But he began to curse and to swear, saying, I know not this man of whom ye speak.
Mar 14:72 And the second time the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

Upvote 0

jeffweeder

Veteran
Jan 18, 2006
ADELAIDE
✟9,425.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi

NASB.

Thats interesting, so the rooster did crow twice. Once after his first denial, then again after the third denial.
Wonder what thoughts were going through Peters mind when he heard the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] crow the first time....hmmm

How do we make sense of Matt ,Lk, Jn ,implying the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] wouldnt crow at all until the third denial?

Upvote 0

Kristos

Servant
Aug 30, 2006
Minnesota
✟37,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
G220
ἀλέκτωρ
alektōr
al-ek'-tore
From ἀλέκω alekō (to ward off); a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] or male fowl: - [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].

Upvote 0