✟215,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I found it:
MARK LEVIN (HOST): I want you to listen to Wolf Blitzer, to Hakeem Jefferies on CNN yesterday. Wolf Blitzer, as I understand it, his parents weren’t victims in one way or another, of the Holocaust. But certainly his family comes out of that background — but you wouldn’t know it. Because the ideology of the left is very attractive. It’s very compelling, particularly if you’re in media. Wolf Blitzer, cut two with Hakeem Jeffries, go.​
[CLIP BEGINS]​
Actually the disputed word is whether it was "weren't" or "were." As Levin said, he has to take breaths when he speaks. You could make it sound either way if you want. But it doesn't make sense for Levin or anyone to just throw in a statement that someone parents WERE NOT victims of the Holocaust. Why would anyone say someone's parents were not victims of the Holocaust or anything else? Would I say, DaisyDay, you were not an Olympic medalist, especially if I was going to devote just one sentence about you? Levin's point is seen in the next sentence that "certainly his family comes out of that background, but you wouldn't know it." Obviously the point is that with Blizter, here is someone with a family with Holocaust background and when there is the worst attack on Jews since the Holocaust Blitzer's bias is against Israel. If a liberal made a comment about a reporter and there was a question about an "n't" at the end and gave a similar explanation people would move on. But Levin is a conservative who is spot on with his comments about those who are trying to undermine Israel, pointing out how CNN and the like always questions Israel, what Israel says is "alleged" or "claimed" and yet is so ready to take the word of Hamas terrorists as fact. With the twisting of the comment they could deflect away from their own horrible anti-Semitism and accuse Levin of being an anti-Semite.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually the disputed word is whether it was "weren't" or "were." As Levin said, he has to take breaths when he speaks. You could make it sound either way if you want. But it doesn't make sense for Levin or anyone to just throw in a statement that someone parents WERE NOT victims of the Holocaust. Why would anyone say someone's parents were not victims of the Holocaust or anything else? Would I say, DaisyDay, you were not an Olympic medalist, especially if I was going to devote just one sentence about you? Levin's point is seen in the next sentence that "certainly his family comes out of that background, but you wouldn't know it." Obviously the point is that with Blizter, here is someone with a family with Holocaust background and when there is the worst attack on Jews since the Holocaust Blitzer's bias is against Israel. If a liberal made a comment about a reporter and there was a question about an "n't" at the end and gave a similar explanation people would move on. But Levin is a conservative who is spot on with his comments about those who are trying to undermine Israel, pointing out how CNN and the like always questions Israel, what Israel says is "alleged" or "claimed" and yet is so ready to take the word of Hamas terrorists as fact. With the twisting of the comment they could deflect away from their own horrible anti-Semitism and accuse Levin of being an anti-Semite.
We’re not hearing what we’re hearing?
Seriously!?

Firstly he begins with the weasel-words “Wolf Blitzer, as I understand it, his parents weren’t victims in one way or another, of the Holocaust.“

Then walks that back immediately “But certainly his family comes out of that background — but you wouldn’t know it.”

(Hint: if it had been “were” (not weren’t), the “but certainly his family…” wouldn’t make sense.

But, no, we “heard wrong”.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
What I'm getting out of this is that the OP Title is correct, and that CNN's assertion is correct.

CNN says Levin falsely claimed Wolf Blitzer's parents weren't Holocaust victims : verdict true

Levin falsely claimed Wolf Blitzer's parents weren't Holocaust victims : verdict true

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,299.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
...so who cares...
You don't seem to. Personally I think that you should. Personally I don't think that anyone who has been shown that he lied should attempt to try to deny it. What do you think it says about their credibility? Not the credibility of CNN or Levin. But those who argue that black is white.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,299.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well Ok then - let me consider that ................ done, much ado about nothing.

Further, I find it interesting that you consider this thread about me and not the topic.
All threads are about what we individually think about any given topic. I give my opinions. I tell others what I believe. From that you can determine what kinda guy Bradskii is like. What his values are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Well Ok then - let me consider that ................ done, much ado about nothing.

Further, I find it interesting that you consider this thread about me and not the topic.
You have had 11 posts in a ~40 post thread and you come down on “no big deal”?
Okay.

Upvote 0