Clown World: College allegedly fired biology professor for teaching sex was determined by chromosomes X and Y

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
This being Fox News- the lying entertainment service who employed liars until they were forced to stop lying by the courts I’m going to go out on a limb and say there is more to this than what lying entertainment channel Fox News reports.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
This being Fox News- the lying entertainment service who employed liars until they were forced to stop lying by the courts I’m going to go out on a limb and say there is more to this than what lying entertainment channel Fox News reports.

According to the article:

Complaints against Varkey said he has engaged in "religious preaching, discriminatory comments about homosexuals and transgender individuals, anti-abortion rhetoric, and misogynistic banter" and that his teaching "pushed beyond the bounds of academic freedom with [his] personal opinions that were offensive to many individuals in the classroom," according to the letter.

If this statement is correct, his teaching is discriminatory and goes way beyond explaining x and y chromosomes.

OB

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This resembles some of those stories that get reported as "Man arrested for preaching the gospel" (as to imply that there's a "war on Christianity"), while conveniently omitting that they were standing in the middle of the road, blocking traffic, and yelling bible verses in people's faces with a megaphone and subsequently getting arrested for creating a public disturbance.

Upvote 0

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
According to the article:

Complaints against Varkey said he has engaged in "religious preaching, discriminatory comments about homosexuals and transgender individuals, anti-abortion rhetoric, and misogynistic banter" and that his teaching "pushed beyond the bounds of academic freedom with [his] personal opinions that were offensive to many individuals in the classroom," according to the letter.

If this statement is correct, his teaching is discriminatory and goes way beyond explaining x and y chromosomes.

OB
It’s sad when people point out pure facts like the professor two genders exist female and male, then people label it as religious speech or hate discrimination speech. When did telling the truth become
Discrimination-biologically
He’s telling the truth

Upvote 0

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
Predictably, FOX only reports on the letter from "First Liberty" and provides nothing from the college itself.

We should all know better than to fall for this sort of "journalism".
Oh no!
Let’s listen to msnbc who gives no comment or explanation to Biden’s numerous blunders or falls

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It’s sad when people point out pure facts like the professor two genders exist female and male, then people label it as religious speech or hate discrimination speech. When did telling the truth become
Discrimination-biologically
He’s telling the truth
It's doubtful they got fired just for that.

Per the previous poster:

Religious preaching, negative comments about gay people, airing one's own grievances against abortion, and espousing "men are better than women" viewpoints don't have anything to do with "teaching biology".

That's not to say that conservative leaning professors don't catch unfair blowback for certain topics for which their should be spirited debate...but it sounds like this person was going well beyond that.

For instance, if I, hypothetically, was a professor... and espoused pro-gun positions, and made statements about "Jews control all the money", and then when I was subsequently fired, tried to claim "they fired me for being pro-gun", that would be a pretty easy charade to see through.

There have to be other examples of professors getting punished for critiquing the excesses of the left on the topic of modern gender theory, but that haven't made those other kinds of petty statements along with it.

It'll serve conservatives well to pick a different posterboy for this particular crusade.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How that can be said after it was proven that the msm lied for over 3 years while Fox News provided the truth is astonishing.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,158.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
...while Fox News provided the truth is astonishing.
You do know that they admitted to lying to you? It was in all the news outlets.

Oh, wait...I see the problem...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You do know that they admitted to lying to you? It was in all the news outlets.

Oh, wait...I see the problem...
Yes the problem is the same double standard that seems to be causing a degradation of our legal system due to the corruption in the DOJ

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Yes the problem is the same double standard that seems to be causing a degradation of our legal system due to the corruption in the DOJ
Fox had to pay billions because of how much it lied. They admitted it on air.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Oh no!
Let’s listen to msnbc who gives no comment or explanation to Biden’s numerous blunders or falls
Im saying this article in the OP is garbage journalism for the reason I showed.

In response we get an unsupported opinion that tells me a bit about you, but not much else.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
There's a time a place for everything, and that time and place isn't at your secular job where you're rightly expected not to editorialize. I work in education myself, and if I took the opportunity when reviewing some kid's essay to preach at them about what they should believe and how they should live, I'd be canned in seconds -- and rightly so. Not only would I not be doing my job correctly in those cases, I'd likely be creating an environment that had a net negative impact on the students' willingness to seek help and learn from adults. It's not my place to do that, and nothing about my commitment to our Lord, God, and Savior Jesus Christ commands that sort of behavior. Yes, we should always tell the truth and not capitulate to the world, but remember from the example of our Lord Himself that the truth coming from an unclean source is polluted in the minds of those who receive it. This is why He told the demons who recognized that He is the Christ to keep silent. It's not because they were wrong (obviously, they were not). So too a simple fact like the chromosomal reality of sex determination can be made to seem like a slander if it comes from a person who has otherwise shown themselves to be a callous, rude, or hateful person. (NB: This is not a comment on this particular professor, since I don't know them from Adam.)

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,567.00
Faith
Pentecostal
What we have learned
It's doubtful they got fired just for that.

Per the previous poster:

Religious preaching, negative comments about gay people, airing one's own grievances against abortion, and espousing "men are better than women" viewpoints don't have anything to do with "teaching biology".

That's not to say that conservative leaning professors don't catch unfair blowback for certain topics for which their should be spirited debate...but it sounds like this person was going well beyond that.

For instance, if I, hypothetically, was a professor... and espoused pro-gun positions, and made statements about "Jews control all the money", and then when I was subsequently fired, tried to claim "they fired me for being pro-gun", that would be a pretty easy charade to see through.

There have to be other examples of professors getting punished for critiquing the excesses of the left on the topic of modern gender theory, but that haven't made those other kinds of petty statements along with it.

It'll serve conservatives well to pick a different posterboy for this particular crusade.
What we have learned from the LGBT crowd is that saying men and women are determined by their biological chromosomes is nothing more than discriminatory speech against homosexuals transgenders etc. You don't actually have to say something specifically discriminatory but simply pointing out the biology is transphobic.

Secondly just stating that life begins at conception is anti-abortion and misogynistic speech.

Both are extremely offensive to leftist college kids. So until I know for sure what he actually said, I'm not buying the complaints. I want specifics. I bet none of their claims are true except in their fevered activist imagination. This is the group that believes that some disagreement with their ideology is genocidal. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it was just a few easily offended individuals who didn't like to hear that the sex of an individual is determined by their chromosomes.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,158.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS and NBC haven’t admitted it yet
I'll accept bias in any news account. In fact, I expect it to some extent. And I allow for it. But I don't countenance outright lying.

I knew Fox were lying. I think maybe you knew as well. Who knows. But at least you know now.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll accept bias in any news account. In fact, I expect it to some extent. And I allow for it. But I don't countenance outright lying.

I knew Fox were lying. I think maybe you knew as well. Who knows. But at least you know now.
CBS is coming around finally

Upvote 0