Hampshire
✟16,988.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forum- I couldn’t decide where it went.

I understand in the Bible it says you mustn’t wear clothes of the opposite gender, but I was just wondering this:

I’m really into gaming and some of the clothes I’ve come across don’t state what gender they’re for, but in the sizing will give men’s size guides.

I was wondering what would be the stance on this?

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forum- I couldn’t decide where it went.

I understand in the Bible it says you mustn’t wear clothes of the opposite gender, but I was just wondering this:

I’m really into gaming and some of the clothes I’ve come across don’t state what gender they’re for, but in the sizing will give men’s size guides.

I don't think it matters unless your trying to look like a guy, pants are for men, isn't it Scotland they wear dresses if their men, does that mean women wear pants there.
Sorry I got to involved in the trick or treat issue, it's stupid anyway.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I don't think it matters unless your trying to look like a guy, pants are for men, isn't it Scotland they wear dresses if their men, does that mean women wear pants there.
Sorry I got to involved in the trick or treat issue, it's stupid anyway.
No. In Scotland, they wear kilts for ceremonial occasions.

Upvote 0

christianforumsuser

Oct 28, 2017
Rochester
✟3,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you asking the opinion of sinners who try to obey the Law of Moses as they see it?
Someone might say "don't wear that" as you knowingly point it out
And another might say they don't see a problem with it.
If you want to follow religions men have their traditions and superstitions and opinions. If you want faith and redemption you might be better off asking a more important question.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. In Scotland, they wear kilts for ceremonial occasions.
While most wear kilts ONLY for ceremonies, some do wear them regularly.

And if you ask the Scots who wear kilts, they will tell you there is a difference between a kilt and a skirt.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
While most wear kilts ONLY for ceremonies, some do wear them regularly.

And if you ask the Scots who wear kilts, they will tell you there is a difference between a kilt and a skirt.
Och ay!

Upvote 0

MHM4Him

Free to love!
Nov 10, 2017
CARY
Visit site
✟16,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Dear Evamoree, the law you are referring to is in the old covenant law that God made with the Jewish nation. Jesus came to fulfill that old law and brought in the new covenant. For those who are in Christ, as I imagine you are, since you are on a CF, you are not bound to keep any part of the old covenant law. Jesus made you free! In fact, the New Testament writers tell us, if we try to keep any part of the law, we are bound to keep all of it. There is a pretty exhaustive article about this very topic and I invite you to check it out. Read all 5 parts of the article to get the full picture of what believers are to do with the old law. (That article includes all the supporting scripture to support my point.)

You can read that article here: The Promise of Something Good – Matthew’s House – Medium

I encourage you to allow Jesus' righteousness to wash over you and fill you up. He makes us righteous by His sacrifice and resurrection. Don't put all those do's and don'ts on yourself. No matter how hard we try to follow all the rules, we just can't do it. That's WHY Jesus came. Rather, rest in Him and walk in the love and power of the Holy Spirit.

God bless you, my friend.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear Evamoree, the law you are referring to is in the old covenant law that God made with the Jewish nation. Jesus came to fulfill that old law and brought in the new covenant. For those who are in Christ, as I imagine you are, since you are on a CF, you are not bound to keep any part of the old covenant law. Jesus made you free! In fact, the New Testament writers tell us, if we try to keep any part of the law, we are bound to keep all of it. There is a pretty exhaustive article about this very topic and I invite you to check it out. Read all 5 parts of the article to get the full picture of what believers are to do with the old law. (That article includes all the supporting scripture to support my point.)

You can read that article here: The Promise of Something Good – Matthew’s House – Medium

I encourage you to allow Jesus' righteousness to wash over you and fill you up. He makes us righteous by His sacrifice and resurrection. Don't put all those do's and don'ts on yourself. No matter how hard we try to follow all the rules, we just can't do it. That's WHY Jesus came. Rather, rest in Him and walk in the love and power of the Holy Spirit.

God bless you, my friend.
Also there are apples and oranges. While you might think it strange if your husband went out to work one day wearing your stiletto heels, yet other items such as blue jeans look rather similar between the genders (even though on close inspection they might not be exactly the same).

Upvote 0

joshcorn

Oct 27, 2017
Dartmouth Nova Scotia
✟14,533.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OH BOY this gender issue. I am sorry brothers and sister in the Lord I need to do a wake up call here.
What is the big issue today with young people. Yes gender. Many are being tormented in the mind over this and Laws are being changed to accommodate gender[come into agreement with]so satan gets legal right to do more damage.

2 Corinthians 2:11King James Version (KJV)

11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
Stop being so carnal and see with your spiritual eye and scenes what is going on here. This hole thing is satan and his buddies at work. He is polluting minds and attaching things like clothing with demons. You buy it them you wonder why you get sick all of a sudden and you can not sleep at night because of floods of thoughts running in your head. Most of you need to be tough to do a spiritual house cleaning. This is Christianity 101.I am not a demon hunter or think there is a demons on everything. I just have been tough by the Lord to turn my spiritual scanner on. Call it anti virus scan. We do this in the natural.

Upvote 0

MHM4Him

Free to love!
Nov 10, 2017
CARY
Visit site
✟16,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OH BOY this gender issue. I am sorry brothers and sister in the Lord I need to do a wake up call here.
What is the big issue today with young people. Yes gender. Many are being tormented in the mind over this and Laws are being changed to accommodate gender[come into agreement with]so satan gets legal right to do more damage.

2 Corinthians 2:11King James Version (KJV)

11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
Stop being so carnal and see with your spiritual eye and scenes what is going on here. This hole thing is satan and his buddies at work. He is polluting minds and attaching things like clothing with demons. You buy it them you wonder why you get sick all of a sudden and you can not sleep at night because of floods of thoughts running in your head. Most of you need to be tough to do a spiritual house cleaning. This is Christianity 101.I am not a demon hunter or think there is a demons on everything. I just have been tough by the Lord to turn my spiritual scanner on. Call it anti virus scan. We do this in the natural.
Josh, I believe you misinterpreted the issue here. Evamoree's question was not about a gender issue, it was about a law found in Deuteronomy about women wearing men's clothing or men wearing women's clothing. The question was whether it was against God for a female to wear a shirt that had a men's size, implying it was a men's shirt.

I reiterate, as NT believers, we are not bound by the OT laws. We are free in Christ to wear whatever we want to wear. Now, to Faroukfarouk's point, there might be social consequences to what we choose to wear, but it is not a sin for a woman to wear a man's shirt, nor for a man to wear stilettos to work, but the latter might get some funny looks from his co-workers.

Upvote 0