Tayloralexandra

Apr 7, 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
✟7,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry if this is not posted in the right place, get a bit confused!

I have a very close friend, who before I met her, was very against God. Over the year's I have tried to show her god's love, I have never forced it on her, as I don't find that the right way to go about it. But I have explained to her that god love's her, and that God is there for her. After all of this year's, she turned round to me last night and said "I do believe in God" We spoke about a lot of things, but she then went on and said "But I'm not telling anyone! I don't want people to laugh at me and not like me". ????? This really made me feel sorry for her. In the way of, why should anyone care what other people will think? Why should we be the one's to be laughed at? We have A loving god! We have seen that god love's us! Why be ashamed of that! She should learn to stop worrying about what other's think of her. I pray for her every night to find God. And for her to learn that it does not matter what other's think.

notforgotten

Child of God
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2012
Tustin, California
Visit site
✟86,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's the devils that are the big-headed fools that believe that God their creator is nothing. They are the ones that I laugh at. They really are a funny people, running around believing that they are more than God.

PS: By the way, Great Work. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

DorkiusMaximus

Bleep, bloop.
Feb 26, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
✟7,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If her belief is in her heart, she'll eventually come around and no longer be ashamed.

Jesus gave his life up for us, we should do the same. I used to be 'ashamed' of my faith, but back then it wasn't really faith... just 'yeah I believe' and that's that. No more. I believe, and I want people to know, ask questions, etc. I don't care if they think I'm crazy anymore.

Keep praying for her, do not cease! I've lost so called 'friends' over my faith, but that's okay - I know who my REAL friends are now. It's not easy though.

Good luck <3

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Your topic relates to persecution, or personal awareness of it. Pestering and rejection from friends can inflate into real news stories, so it's appropriate to put individual stories into a global context, IMO. Everything is personal before it hits the front page.

Her caution, that is normal for any decision-making process. We don't usually suddenly believe with so much conviction that we are willing to take risks for a new decision. All this takes time.

If she had joined a cult instead, we wouldn't hope that she dash out and start recruiting before understanding a cult she promotes. So... I don't think it's a problem. When we read how Jesus called His disciples so suddenly, it might seem like they were recruited to suddenly evangelize. But it looks like they might have held back for a while and done practical things like handing out fish baskets... then gradually tested the waters.

She'll be fine. Just keep encouraging her in the faith. It looks like you have done great so far in drawing her closer to God. Exciting news!

Upvote 0