Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Clinton, Bush and Obama: US War Crimes over Three Administrations | Global Research

I'm starting this thread because the topic came up in another thread regarding the Boston bombing.

Was the Boston bombing a distraction from this report being released on Tuesday? At least, that is what has been proposed.

Whether it was or wasn't, it is an important report with information that should be of concern for to Americans.

Has anyone else read about it?

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I think the sad reality is that the States is one of the worst nations for human rights (outside its borders) today. The war in Iraq exposed American brutality and the fact Guantanamo Bay still remains open is a huge stain for an open democracy like the US. That's not to mention Cold War covert missions in Latin America and Africa or Vietnam, or the support of terrorist governments that oppress their people like that of the Saudis...

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They won't be indicted or subpoenaed.

You are probably right, but I sincerely hope not.

Nor was the bombing a way to "distract" the public

Maybe yes, maybe no...it's been done before.

from whatever findings are made in this non official report.

The "indictment" comes after a two year investigation. Whether it is official or unofficial has no bearing. The information it contains was amassed from public documents accessible to anyone wanting to check reference the report itself.

I can only pray that Americans can respect the hard work, dedication and courage it took to compile this report and present it and not tear them down. It was done, after all, for the people.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The "indictment" comes after a two year investigation. Whether it is official or unofficial has no bearing. The information it contains was amassed from public documents accessible to anyone wanting to check reference the report itself.

I can only pray that Americans can respect the hard work, dedication and courage it took to compile this report and present it and not tear them down. It was done, after all, for the people.

I could compile an unofficial report. It doesn't mean anything.

No one will take it seriously if it isn't from a reputable official source. For all we know, this report can contain false information.

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I could compile an unofficial report. It doesn't mean anything.

No one will take it seriously if it isn't from a reputable official source. For all we know, this report can contain false information.

What makes you think they are not reputable? All the information is from public documents as was already pointed out. Pretty harsh claims to make without anything to go on, especially if anyone can access the information themselves.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think the sad reality is that the States is one of the worst nations for human rights (outside its borders) today. The war in Iraq exposed American brutality and the fact Guantanamo Bay still remains open is a huge stain for an open democracy like the US. That's not to mention Cold War covert missions in Latin America and Africa or Vietnam, or the support of terrorist governments that oppress their people like that of the Saudis...

I don't recall the United States forces feeding innocent children, feet first, to woodchippers, let alone forcing parents to watch as its being done...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can Harry Truman, with Hiroshima et al, be thrown in? War or no war, the point of terrorism is to influence governments by means of attacking civilians.

After all, the US has declared war on terrorism, which makes us their enemy, too.

More accurately speaking, terrorism can be used on individuals, groups and yes entire nations. And I agree...Hiroshima was an act of terrorism. And in reality, the US has done it's fair share on individuals and groups as well. In truth, just about anyone is capable of terrorizing another, so you are right.

But since 9/11 the term now has a religion, a country, and a people and when the term is used today, that's where people point their finger. And that is very scary, because anyone or group can now perform an act of terrorism and hide behind it's new meaning. Nobody seems to realize that.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Can Harry Truman, with Hiroshima et al, be thrown in? War or no war, the point of terrorism is to influence governments by means of attacking civilians.

After all, the US has declared war on terrorism, which makes us their enemy, too.

The argument could be made that if we hadn't resorted to the atom bomb that we would have lost thousands of lives invading Japan and an entire people committing mass suicide...

Upvote 0

PatrickM

What? You're not a Fightin' Irish fan????
Jan 8, 2004
Utah now!
✟9,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The argument could be made that if we hadn't resorted to the atom bomb that we would have lost thousands of lives invading Japan and an entire people committing mass suicide...

The argument has been made, weak as it is. So who's life is more valuable? Ask the survivors with maimed limbs and charred skin. I mean survivors of Hiroshima, not Boston...

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't recall the United States forces feeding innocent children, feet first, to woodchippers, let alone forcing parents to watch as its being done...

There are a lot of skeletons in the closet...MK-Ultra comes to mind, forced sterilization comes to mind...just off the top of my head...and who knows what we don't know has been done. How many babies, children, families and innocent lives have been maimed and killed by US acts of war?

I'm sure you can find greater atrocities, but America has it's share of inhumane behaviour on it's own people and others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The argument has been made, weak as it is. So who's life is more valuable? Ask the survivors with maimed limbs and charred skin. I mean survivors of Hiroshima, not Boston...

If the Japanese people committed mass suicide instead of surrendering, wouldn't the survivors of Hiroshima be dead by committing suicide?

Upvote 0

PatrickM

What? You're not a Fightin' Irish fan????
Jan 8, 2004
Utah now!
✟9,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If the Japanese people committed mass suicide instead of surrendering, wouldn't the survivors of Hiroshima be dead by committing suicide?

Um, not everyone would have committed mass suicide. "90% of the doctors and 93% of the nurses died in the blast", archived documents at Truman Library.

Women and children died, too. Doubt they were planning on it, either.

Upvote 0

ChristOurCaptain

Augsburgian Catholic
Feb 14, 2013
✟1,580.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

But...like...you know...it's...AMERICA...so whatever's...like...evul imperializm 'n stuffz!

Compared to the clusterfiddlestick and utter destruction of not one or two cities, but the entire island group and millions upon millions of lives lost, that Operation Downfall would have meant.....

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Um, not everyone would have committed mass suicide. "90% of the doctors and 93% of the nurses died in the blast", archived documents at Truman Library.

You need to study your history, the decision for using the Atomic Bomb was partially because we ended up with a mass suicide situation on one of the islands we took over. In fact we lost some soldiers whom put themselves in harms way trying to prevent women from tossing themselves and their children off a cliff and onto the rocks below...

Also before we dropped the bomb on Hiroshima, we dropped leaflets over the city, warning what we were about to do.

Upvote 0

TheQuietRiot

indomitable
Aug 17, 2011
West Yorkshire
✟19,502.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

You doubt the resolve if the Japanese people.

They have a culture of no surrender, to fight to the last man and it's been entrenched into its warriors for thousands of years. They have probably fought more wars than America has battles.

Which is why they needed to be shown their own destruction, visualized with 2 explosions by the likes of which they have never seen, and the promise of more.

We will never know how many men would have died in the proposed invasion of Japan but it would be certainly much more than those killed by the atomic bombs.

Upvote 0