✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Climate change is good for the lobster industry
The coral reefs are located on land that was flooded after the glaciers melted. So climate change has been good for the biodiverse ecology that lives in and around the coral.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,150,573.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The coral reefs are located on land that was flooded after the glaciers melted. So climate change has been good for the biodiverse ecology that lives in and around the coral.
Sorry but you might want to look up coral bleaching. Warming waters caused by climate change are leading to the bleaching and die off of large area of coral around the world.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You may want to look at oyster and claim farms. The rising temps and acidity of the oceans is not helping those industries.

One industry is not a good indicator of the health of all industries. As has been pointed out some will benefit, and some will be harmed. But either way, both will require increased cost to the change.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Millions of mature trees in the West have died in the long drought; fuel for yet more forest fires. This is not good (unless they could be economically harvested and utilized).

Upvote 0

Phileas

Aug 31, 2009
✟8,312.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Climate change is good for the lobster industry

That's nice. We'll comfort ourselves with that fact as we clean up £5 billion of damage caused by record breaking storms and floods from this past week.

Upvote 0

As I was saying

Jun 8, 2015
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟2,608.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Climate change is a hoax that some are promoting to make money out of it.

I saw a chart that covered 150 years. Climate change was cyclical which happened on a regular basis in 50 year cycles approx. In the past, no one tried to change the effect of the climate, they let it be what it was and it all settled down again.

Our present situation will not last as it will continue its cycle of change without our help and like K2 at the beginning of the new century we will see it for what it is and laugh at ourselves for being led up the garden path by the climate change professionals.

It may already be happening as the temperature overall has not risen in 18 years.

Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I saw a chart that covered 150 years. Climate change was cyclical which happened on a regular basis in 50 year cycles approx. In the past, no one tried to change the effect of the climate, they let it be what it was and it all settled down again.

Our present situation will not last as it will continue its cycle of change without our help and like K2 at the beginning of the new century we will see it for what it is and laugh at ourselves for being led up the garden path by the climate change professionals.

It may already be happening as the temperature overall has not risen in 18 years.
I found this one that covers about 130 years. I'm not seeing any identifiable cycle:

globalmeantemplarge.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phileas

Aug 31, 2009
✟8,312.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Of course the governments of the world got this started back in 1824 with Joseph Fourier making the first descriptions of the greenhouse effect. Then of course in 1895 they got Svente Arrhenius on board to propose the original theory of global warming. Since then they have had literally thousands of people forging data to support this hoax in order to make money. In the ten years between 1991 and 2011 they got thousands of researchers from across the globe to publish some 4000 pieces if peer reviewed research in support of this hoax.

http://www.theguardian.com/environm.../may/16/climate-change-scienceofclimatechange

In 2013 alone there were over 9000 authors of climate research of which 1 accepted climate change, but rejected a man-made influence.

So we have hoax, encompassing every field of science in every part of the globe for over 100 years. But luckily the unimpeachable honesty of the oil companies have uncovered this hoax. It's not like they have any vested interest in covering up facts to continue to make profit. It's not like they did there own research back in 1981 and came to the same conclusion, but buried the report and spent years paying people vast sums to muddy the waters and spread disinformation.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jul/08/exxon-climate-change-1981-climate-denier-funding

No the truth is this is a huge conspiracy by all the world's governments and all the scientific bodies have been engaged in for over a century to make a bit of extra cash. Thankfully the fossil fuel industry and plucky band of bloggers have discovered the truth.

Come on. I've heard some wacky conspiracy theories in my time, but this is right up there with Elvis living on Mars.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The problem with global warming 'science' is that that is as far as it goes. We have had thousands of scientists from around the world and hundreds of studies done over decades on the polluted lakes where I live, and yet the lakes are still a mess. Scientists should just go ahead, marshal the believers, collect the money, fund the programs, and solve the problem. I'll even contribute (where do I send the money?).

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

How do scientists make money from climate research?

And was this chart from from published research or some blog well known for cherry picking data?

Is that your personal opinion or do you actually have an education and/or experience in climate science?

What if I could show you that that is cherry picked data, and your source for it is deliberately misleading you? Would you be interested in looking at the actual data yourself?

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I find this interesting. See, actual climatologists working in basic research (this applies to most people currently studying climate)? Their pay is pretty decent. 90k a year on average is pretty decent, considering that most of them hold PhDs in at least one relevant field, and are doing important scientific work. That said, life science researchers in industry typically pull down around 136k a year.

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/38033/title/2013-Life-Sciences-Salary-Survey/

So, basically, these people could be making more money - a lot more money - if they put their non-trivial skills and credentials towards more industry-focused tasks. Why don't they do that? Why aren't more of them acting like Willie Soon, and pulling in millions from the Fossil Fuel industry?

no%20slow%20down%20in%20global%20warming.jpg

Oh, and 2015 wasn't just the hottest year on record, it was by far the hottest year on record, completely shattering the previous record-holders.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
No the truth is this is a huge conspiracy by all the world's governments and all the scientific bodies have been engaged in for over a century to make a bit of extra cash. Thankfully the fossil fuel industry and plucky band of bloggers have discovered the truth.

Come on. I've heard some wacky conspiracy theories in my time, but this is right up there with Elvis living on Mars.

You haven't noticed the tendencies of the climate changers to fudge the
numbers and change the data?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ear...data-is-the-biggest-science-scandal-ever.html

Upvote 0

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Climate change depresses me... In all likelihood no one will do enough to stop it and we'll totally screw everything up for our grandchildren. Even if we start doing something now scientists predict 2-5 metres of sea level rise by 2100. This means that Miami is gone, New Orleans is gone and this is what will happen to Europe:

euro-sea-ice2.jpg

Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Look up "coral bleaching" and get back to us.

Upvote 0