Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am pretty much an invalid so I get very little done. I can only do the bare necessities and it shows, no deep cleaning for years. I dream of having a house that looks as nice as the before pics. I have always been a collector over the years so, YIKES. Its wade through the collectibles, dust, dirt and general disarray is me! But I don't stress over it as it is all it can be for me.:)

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I like a clean house and I hate clutter. I'm always decluttering/organizing/throwing things out. I'm not a minimalist. I like order. I can't handle too much disarray before I revolt. This is my pet peeve. I don't like untidy homes, public restrooms, etc. :D

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

creslaw

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am pretty much an invalid so I get very little done. I can only do the bare necessities and it shows, no deep cleaning for years. I dream of having a house that looks as nice as the before pics. I have always been a collector over the years so, YIKES. Its wade through the collectibles, dust, dirt and general disarray is me! But I don't stress over it as it is all it can be for me.:)
I keep all items used daily out on the benches and it does look pretty cluttered, but hey, as we get older we need to do whatever to keep going and not stress out over it.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Life is meant to be lived and not be a matter of vain display

It isn’t a question of vain display. We all have different preferences for our living spaces. Home should meet the needs of its occupants. If someone wants a tidy abode that’s their prerogative.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟348,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It isn’t a question of vain display. We all have different preferences for our living spaces. Home should meet the needs of its occupants. If someone wants a tidy abode that’s their prerogative.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella
And many of us don't want our circumstances but are stuck with them. For years I used to clean in my dreams, Unfortunately I'd wake up. Its not always by choice.

• Agree
Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
And many of us don't want our circumstances but are stuck with them. For years I used to clean in my dreams, Unfortunately I'd wake up. Its not always by choice.

No one should have to explain or justify their choices. Whatever the circumstances, that's your business. :)

I saw your cooking thread the other day. I said, ooh, rock on! I haven't been cooking. It's all good.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,393.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If someone wants a tidy abode that’s their prerogative.
True enough yet tidy is a matter of perspective from barren extremism to organized confusion. Life is not perfect. Neither should be our surroundings. It's not emotionally healthy IMO. There is a phrase 'picture perfect' but as a photographer I can safely say there is no such thing. We rework reality to make it look so. Perhaps less time on our surroundings and more on our personal nature as God proclaims. :)

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
True enough yet tidy is a matter of perspective from barren extremism to organized confusion. Life is not perfect. Neither should be our surroundings. It's not emotionally healthy IMO. There is a phrase 'picture perfect' but as a photographer I can safely say there is no such thing. We rework reality to make it look so. :)

No two perspectives are the same. What you consider extreme may be another's norm and they're okay with it. It shouldn't matter either way. If a person wants to clean for hours; rock on! If you don't that's cool too. You don't have to live in it. :)

I'm home all day. My house should be spotless. But that's my standard. Someone else may have a different objective. We don't have to agree.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

clarkzz033

Sep 13, 2019
Denver
✟16,145.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The biggest problem for me is to clean my apartment from the endless dust. We live not so far from the highway, and it's a really huge problem. I'm considering to purchase an air purifier. I've seen some cool options right here at Healthy Home Makeovers and now I want to get few of them, just to compare one with another.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟348,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,442.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Easiest way to clean tub - saves back n knees- sprinkle in Dawn and add little water to a broom with plastic bristles to get a lather covering the areas that need it. Let it soak for a few min. Then rinse.

Hope this helps someone.

Upvote 0