Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟21,635.00
Faith
Pagan
No banned weapons found in Iraq: CIA
Last Updated Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:07:15
WASHINGTON - No banned weapons have been found in Iraq since the end of combat, says an upcoming interim report from the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency.

Officials at the intelligence agency say the interim report from David Kay, the CIA's chief weapons inspector, won't reach any conclusions about the search for weapons of mass destruction.

Since U.S. President George Bush declared the end of major combat on May 1, Kay has led the U.S. effort to locate the biological, chemical and nuclear weapons that were the stated justification for the war. (emphasis here and below mine)

After four months of searching thousands of suspected weapons sites, and interviewing scientists thought to have worked on developing the weapons, neither the U.S. nor the British teams have been able to say they have found anything that supports those prewar accusations...

Copyright © CBC 2003
Not a problem, just change the reason after the fact.

aragorn

Y ah we here fallen
Sep 18, 2003
✟563.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Others
What an absurd reply by the Bear.
If the CIA were going to lie about it they'd be lieing by creating a big complex of WMD to be found, because while it's true that they are experts in deception. They do their lieing on behalf of the Imperial aspect of the American government.

Upvote 0

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
David Kay's report is preliminary. There are millions of pages of documents to examine. WMDs were only ONE reason - not THE reason. Get the facts straight. And once again - we KNOW they were there - he used them on his own people. M

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I just think the CIA can't get their act together with accurate intel. They did think that OBL was dead, on two different occasions, (or at least that's what they told the Pres.)

Also, why did Democrats along with Republicans, overwhelmingly vote in support of Bush using military force in Iraq? What was the basis of so much Democratic support? What was the Democrats reasoning for voting in support, and giving Bush the go-ahead to use the military force, in that 2002 Congressional vote? If not for suspected WMD's, what was it?

Upvote 0
MichaelFJF said:
...... And once again - we KNOW they were there - he used them on his own people. M

And the reason you (the U.S.) "knew" (assumed) they were there was because YOU (the U.S.) sold him the WMD in the first place!!

The perfect set-up. Sell him the WMD, tell him invading Kuwait would be a "local affair" that the U.S. would ignore, then bust him for following your set-up. Pretty slick. Not only does the U.S.& co. get the oil, rebuilding contracts, but they also get the contracts to replace all the munitions and armaments expended there as well as creating a nation of debt-slaves out of Iraq.

His own people?? The Kurds were *considered* illegal aliens by Iraq. Neither are they liked in Iran or Turkey. I just wanted to de-myth that one without justifying his use of WMD.

Satisfied

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟21,635.00
Faith
Pagan
MichaelFJF said:
David Kay's report is preliminary. There are millions of pages of documents to examine. WMDs were only ONE reason - not THE reason. Get the facts straight. And once again - we KNOW they were there - he used them on his own people. M
Get your facts straight. WMD was THE reason the US HAD to go in "RIGHT NOW!!!"

The "liberate the poor people" excuse didn't happen until after WMD failed to turn up.

Upvote 0
TheBear said:
Also, why did Democrats along with Republicans, overwhelmingly vote in support of Bush using military force in Iraq? What was the basis of so much Democratic support? What was the Democrats reasoning for voting in support, and giving Bush the go-ahead to use the military force, in that 2002 Congressional vote? If not for suspected WMD's, what was it?

Why?????:confused:

I'll tell you why.

Because Iraq was 'a potential' threat to Israel and Israel and its lobby practically own both parties. Not to mention that Israel will be getting "free" Iraqi oil via a 42 inch diameter pipeline running from Kirkuk to Haifa.

Ignore the words and follow the money and you will usually get to the bottom of things.

Satisfied

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hound

Woof
Jul 31, 2003
Displaced Texan
Visit site
✟15,307.00
Faith
Christian
Weapons of mass destruction, weapons of mass distraction. Having fought in Iraq, I DONT REALLY CARE. The Baath party government in Iraq was a bunch of murderous thugs. Murdering, torturing and raping their own people. I am proud to have helped remove them from power. Wether or not they had a stash of nukes or tanks of bio-weapons is an issue used to distract you from what is currently happening.

Upvote 0
Hound said:
Weapons of mass destruction, weapons of mass distraction. Having fought in Iraq, I DONT REALLY CARE. The Baath party government in Iraq was a bunch of murderous thugs. Murdering, torturing and raping their own people. I am proud to have helped remove them from power. Wether or not they had a stash of nukes or tanks of bio-weapons is an issue used to distract you from what is currently happening.

"What's currently happening" is that an average of 9 U.S. men and woman are returning from service in Iraq in body bags because the Iraqi people are so appreciative that the "murderous thugs" have been removed from power. And this is after the U.S. declared "the war is over".

"What's currently happening" is that Israel is building a 42 inch diameter pipeline from Kirkut to Haifa to rape Iraq of its resources.

Policing the world is not the job of the United States, and never was. Internal affairs are the business of that particular country. How would you like it if China attacked the U.S. because the U.S. gassed and torched their own people (Waco)?

How would you like it if your neighbor down the street pre-empted a strike on you 'cause he heard a rumour that you beat your wife and had a gun that you intended to use on him. Not only that, but he 'knew' the rumor was true because he sold you the gun, ammo AND the chains that you beat your wife with?

Oops, I meant "the chains that you allegedly beat your wife with".

How do you think the law would view this man who just shot you based on an unsubstantiated rumor he heard. And that he did it unprovoked on your own property?

If the United States was run internally on the same principles that it is plying on the world it would be just and fair. What goes around comes around.

Satisfied

"Be not deceived, god is not mocked, for whatsoever a man soweth, THAT shall he also reap"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gybefan

Aug 2, 2002
Denver/Tulsa
Visit site
✟219.00
Faith
Catholic
"The burdens of distant people are the responsibility of all men and women of conscience, or their burdens will one day become our tragedy."

So what about all the other regimes we've failed to overthrow, or have put into power?

I agree that the situation in Iraq was awful. But I don't believe for one minute that that was the real reason for the war. Why even mention the (nonexistent) weapons of mass destruction otherwise?

Democracy begins at home.

Upvote 0