Not open for further replies.

ImmersionX

Apr 1, 2008
✟1,065.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I was wondering if your church currently/in the past/upholds the teachings on NT church discipline as talked about by Paul.

The reason I ask is that the church I currently have membership in does infact enforce this. There has been members excommunicated in the past according to our pastor, in accordance with strict adherance to biblical standards as showing in 1 Cor 5.

Just curious about you all.

Peace

Last edited:

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟20,802.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was wondering if your church currently/in the past/upholds the teachings on NT church discipline as talked about by Paul.

The reason I ask is that the church I currently have membership in does infact enforce this. There has been members excommunicated in the past according to our pastor, in accordance with strict adherance to biblical standards as showing in 1 Cor 5.

Just curious about you all.

Peace

Our church does practice biblical church discipline. Luckily we don't have to exercise it on a regular basis. I would not belong to a church that did not exercise discipline.

Upvote 0

trinityisunity

Has lost 14 kilos (31 pounds) in 14 weeks!!!
Apr 16, 2006
In a house
✟1,291.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
A young fellow in my church had premarital relations with an overseas visitor while he was interstate on holidays. He came and saw me about it and he was very sorry it had happened. It had happened a year previous to him coming to tell me. He then told one of the elders who in turn told the pastor who then told the entire eldership what had happened. The young fellow was disciplined by being removed from Sun. School teaching duties. He had a meeting with the pastor and the first elder he told. The meeting went badly because this fellow was angry that it had happened so long ago and why it should affect his S.School job. I then found out he had done it 6 months ago as well. Obviously not learning from the first time!!!

Sins of the sexual nature must be dealt with swiftly and by removal from position I believe because if one of the parents had heard about it they might have not appreciated their kid being in his class. It is an integrity issue.

Anyway I thought the pastor handled the situation well!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.