Church built on apostles Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,112.00
Faith
Christian
Luke 11:13
If you being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!

Peter said to Simon Gift of God can not be purchased with money

You can not give the Holy Spirit to just anyone they have to have proper hearts

It was necessary for the apostles to give the Holy Spirit by laying on of hands in the early church which had special signs also which was manifest proof of it for unity in the body of Christ between Jews and Samaritan’s and humility to respect one leaders but God gave it to all and even the gentiles by faith
Jesus said he who does not gather with Me scatters elsewhere

God wants one submissive to the body of Christ so the Holy Spirit was first got in church so that all who get the Holy Spirit would know that they are getting the Holy Spirit because they are submitting to the body of Christ

The Holy Spirit was given by the apostles just to make the Jews and Samaritans be united to the church otherwise there may be factions in the church for there had to be leaders in the start of Christianity who would best demonstrate how God wants the church to operate. But they did not always use laying on of hands and it was probably not required after the gentiles received the Holy Spirit by faith but probably some gifts were not available to the gentiles without the apostles giving it to them first or praying for them after they preach so they know the apostles are their leaders. They opened the door to the nations especially Peter by preaching to allow them to have gift. Sometimes they required for a time for them to submit to make others see through them it is given but they were able to after a while give to all that was their power to loose and bind

Romans 1:11-12
11 For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, so that you may be established— 12 that is, that I may be encouraged together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.

Last edited:

Nigel Malka

Feb 28, 2020
Coventry
Visit site
✟17,947.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
If you being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!

20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money./QUOTE]

Act 8: 15-17 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

It was not the disciples who gave the Holy Spirit but God did, The disciples enable by prayer for God to do his work because the men had accepted Jesus as Lord and had not fully found the faith to allow God's Spirit to work in them.

This has the same thinking as the RC's have of priest being able to forgive sin where it is under the remit of Jesus and no-one else.

Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,112.00
Faith
Christian
Hi thanks for sharing your input but I don’t mean that now one needs an apostle but early on for the establishment of Christianity they needed the apostles as leaders to reveal the full will of God and His words as that was their mission but the Holy Spirit now enables us all to be leaders. As the word of God says I commend you to the word of His grace which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among those who are sanctified. Maybe as you said they helped them have the faith necessary maybe as it is necessary in the beginning to instruct the will of God correctly and they had understanding

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It was necessary for the apostles to give the Holy Spirit by laying on of hands in the early church which had special signs also which was manifest proof of it for unity in the body of Christ between Jews and Samaritan’s and humility to respect one leaders but God gave it to all and even the gentiles by faith
Jesus said he who does not gather with Me scatters elsewhere

God wants one submissive to the body of Christ so the Holy Spirit was first got in church so that all who get the Holy Spirit would know that they are getting the Holy Spirit because they are submitting to the body of Christ

The Holy Spirit was given by the apostles just to make the Jews and Samaritans be united to the church otherwise there may be factions in the church for there had to be leaders in the start of Christianity who would best demonstrate how God wants the church to operate. But they did not always use laying on of hands and it was probably not required after the gentiles received the Holy Spirit by faith but probably some gifts were not available to the gentiles without the apostles giving it to them first or praying for them after they preach so they know the apostles are their leaders. They opened the door to the nations especially Peter by preaching to allow them to have gift. Sometimes they required for a time for them to submit to make others see through them it is given but they were able to after a while give to all that was their power to loose and bind

Romans 1:11-12
11 For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, so that you may be established— 12 that is, that I may be encouraged together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.

If we would attribute the unseen spiritual work of the gospel done by the Holy Spirit to the hands of the apostles men seen. It would seem blasphemy is in view. It would be adding new meaning to the word sent one.(apostle)

The mutual encouragement would by the faith of Christ that works in all that believe God not seen. A faith generated from God that works in the believer to both will and empower us to do His good pleasure . Not of us but rather as it is written with it representing the faith of God. .

Before we were given this new born again spirit life we were reckoned as faithless not little none.

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

• Informative
Upvote 0

Nigel Malka

Feb 28, 2020
Coventry
Visit site
✟17,947.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
You know what surprises me about this post is that it implies that disciples gave the gift of God's Spirit when it is given when someone wholly accepts Jesus as their Lord. It does not depend upon a follower of Jesus to do this but Jesus himself, if this were not the case then No-one in the last 1950 would have been blessed with God's Spirit.

• Informative
Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You know what surprises me about this post is that it implies that disciples gave the gift of God's Spirit when it is given when someone wholly accepts Jesus as their Lord. It does not depend upon a follower of Jesus to do this but Jesus himself, if this were not the case then No-one in the last 1950 would have been blessed with God's Spirit.

It would seem to mean all have been blessed by the mutual faith of Christ's labor of Love that works in the believer. Not from the believer .

Upvote 0

Nigel Malka

Feb 28, 2020
Coventry
Visit site
✟17,947.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Those who seek will find - But I do find it odd that those who do find will often view the same thing in different ways

Nigel.
Christian Views

Seeking is a journey, not a destination.

My life was radically changed because I sought after Truth and it was revealed to me in a supernatural experience. My experience lead me to the Bible, the Word of God. As such, because of the profound impact of my experience, I have been on a journey to get closer and closer to the Truth. Pilate asked "What is Truth?" but he didn't stick around for the answer. I want to stick around for the answer in how God reveals Himself to me, a mere human, a fallen creature, deprived, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked; sinful. I ask only that Jesus will cloth me with His grace that I might walk in his precepts.

There are some things that require seeking that we will not find if we simply listen to the pastors of our time. Nay, we must go back to the history of the church. The reformation taught many things that are only a fragment of what the truth of the Gospel are about. Going back, back, back, is a call to those who desire to stick around for the Truth. Digging in the Word and, "testing all things, but holding what is good" is my aim.

Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
He taught God's word but he did allow the teaching sometimes to reflect his unbring as a leading pharisee. Consider those peacher's today, they too preach the Word of God, teach about Jesus, but no-one would put them on the same level as Jesus himself as I feel they do with Paul. That's all.

You ask if there is error in his teaching, and I have to say that some of his writings and what he did in Acts is not what I find Jesus would say nor do. But I will talk to him about that when I see him in a few years and I expect he will smile and talk so we will put things right.

You think yourself of high importance. It is not befitting a man to view himself larger than he is.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This thread is not about Paul and whether he taught in opposition to Jesus or not. That is not allowed by the site wide rules. Please do not continue speaking about this, thank you.

stay on topic SOP.jpg

Upvote 0