Wisconsin
✟27,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are 3 different logos that will be used between now and the end of January. They were all created by members. You can see all the submissions in the Announcements Forum. I will post the links to the other winners here in a moment. Lee picked the winners, but the one that is above is the most stunning as far as fitting with the original design of the site, etc... Not everyone believes the same about Christmas, and while you may understandably feel that it is wrong to feature a Christmas Tree and Santa, obviously the owner of the site doesn't. I'm sorry that you don't like the one he chose.

You know, you could've submitted one yourself... ;)

Here is the second place winner:
attachment.php

And here is the 3rd place winner:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

PS -- Just so you know... I'm not saying that I even agree with the choice he made.

Upvote 0

Wags

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2004
Oregon
✟12,463.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry I just don't see how Santa and a Christmas tree has anything at all to do with a CHRISTIAN site. :scratch:

But then again there is a "worship song" that is sung in many churches this time of year and the chorus is "come on ring those bells, light the christmas tree, Jesus we remember this your birthday..."

:sigh:

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
this is his site and he has the absolute right to put what ever he wants up there --- besides this contest has been posted up in the Announcement thread at the top of every single forum on the site for weeks (CHRISTMAS LOGO competition 2007!!!) - all were invited to compete.... so what is ... is .... it s only a temporary logo ... and doesn't seem to even BE at the top of our forum :)

Reactions: Ivy
Upvote 0

Tangeloper

Happy New Year!
Jul 29, 2007
Wisconsin
✟27,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Who voted on these?
The winners were chosen by LeeD. There was no voting on the part of members nor staff.

As Henaynai correctly pointed out there was a Global Announcement that appeared at the top of all forums since the contest began, up until yesterday when the winners were announced.

I understand people's annoyance -- especially now that I have researched some of these things myself over the last few weeks. However, not many Christians see these things as harmful in the least -- nor do they equate them with any sort of pagan meaning whatsoever. I refuse to judge them for their embracing of what they see as time-honored traditions, just as I would hope they would not judge me for my searching out the Judaic roots of my faith -- for which I'm sure many Christians would either think I was nuts, and/or rejecting theological doctrine set forth by "the church".

Of course, this is just my personal take on this particular issue.

Upvote 0

Wags

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2004
Oregon
✟12,463.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Just becuase Lee likes secular things doesn't mean that its appropriate. If he had a half naked girl dressed as an elf bet your tune would be a little different. But there would be some here that wouldn't see anything wrong with it. And would tell us not to judge...

Yet another reason why I don't hang out at this secular christina place much anymore....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

torahgrandma

Feb 23, 2007
✟15,936.00
Faith
Christian
Just becuase Lee likes secular things doesn't mean that its appropriate. If he had a half naked girl dressed as an elf bet your tune would be a little different. But there would be some here that wouldn't see anything wrong with it. And would tell us not to judge...

Yet another reason why I don't hang out at this secular christina place much anymore....

tis the season to be jolly :)

in other words...no kvetching ;)

Upvote 0

Wags

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2004
Oregon
✟12,463.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I miss seeing you here wags. I understand how you feel but then HaShem reminds me to take my light away just makes the darkness more prominent. We have to struggle with this while here on earth, soon it will be better. :)

You have a point - but even Yeshua frequently went off into the wilderness to have some peace and quiet. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Santa Claus and a Christmas tree.

:doh::sigh:

They could at least put a nativity scene instead, even though it would still be inaccurate.

I'd like to see santa try and fly over Texas during hunting season. Just not logical, not to mention flying reindeer! Sure would add a new twist to deer hunting if they could fly ey?

Upvote 0

Bananna

Contributor
Site Supporter
Apr 26, 2005
PNW
Visit site
✟31,962.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
They told you that and you believed it? Jesus never quoted talmud. To do so would go against His own Word.

Talmud is a collection of teachings from before Christ was born till much later after he died.

Yes some of the Traditions were up held by Yeshua. Yes he quoted some of the sages that the Talmud quotes. It is not against his word.

Yeshua said do as the pharasees say and not as they do.

Bananna

Upvote 0