Christians what did you think about the half time show?

Did you enjoy the half time show?

• Yes

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Not recommended for children

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We of this house think that
eye blinders should have been supplied
so as to protect the little ones.

Lot of exotic shaking going on.
I thought there was an earthquake!
Caused me to scream out for my wife.

M-Bob

Last edited:

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I thought that I was having a severe
flashback to my old sinful days
when I saw that half time pole dancer.

And right after going to Church.
The devil works on Sundays.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Super Bowl halftime show has been known to offend some folk's sensibilities for years now....yet those same folks keep watching and complaining about it year after year.

Don't like it? DON'T WATCH IT.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just a little bossy there today.
Thought my mom was chewing me out.
Relax be happy now
it was just a little half time thing.
M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Monksailor
Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you are talking about that basketball game which was on yesterday, sorry, I didn't watch it, Mountainbob, but I am a Christian. I don't watch team sports and rarely Tennis, any more. I did recently watch that movie about Borg and McEnroe (Watch Borg vs McEnroe Streaming Online | Hulu (Free Trial)) I wish they had shown a lot more of the match but what they did show was awesome. After all, it is a movie whose total length is only a fraction of the match time. If it is timed right for my activity breaks I do try to catch parts and pieces of solo events of the Olympics. I do my getting exited and acting crazy elsewhere.My wife follows that stuff more than me. I think she said that that league is the one who refused to honor the Flag of the USA at a big game event?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you are talking about that basketball game which was on yesterday, sorry, I didn't watch it, Mountainbob, but I am a Christian. I don't watch team sports and rarely Tennis, any more. I did recently watch that movie about Borg and McEnroe (Watch Borg vs McEnroe Streaming Online | Hulu (Free Trial)) I wish they had shown a lot more of the match but what they did show was awesome. After all, it is a movie whose total length is only a fraction of the match time. If it is timed right for my activity breaks I do try to catch parts and pieces of solo events of the Olympics. I do my getting exited and acting crazy elsewhere.

You didn't hear about the football game?
And I thought we lived out in the sticks.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We of this house think that
eye blinders should have been supplied
so as to protect the little ones.

Lot of exotic shaking going on.
I thought there was an earthquake!
Caused me to scream out for my wife.

M-Bob
To me it was mostly disgusting. We were at a party, and people watched sorta watched like they would a house fire. It's hard to just ignore a disaster.

I'm not a prude. It was disgusting because it was merely body sexuality flaunting mostly. Give me something more musical like (examples) McCartney or Sting or Billy Joel(not a fan, but I can respect the musical ability there) or the Who, Maroon 5, etc. I don't object to music genres that aren't my main ones. Give us simply higher quality mass entertainment. It can be good quality rap, hip hop, etc., without being just mere body flaunting. Though I don't personally ever look to watch hip hop or whatever, I remember for instance Janet Jackson dancing in some competent way without it being merely body flaunting. A person is more than a body. Show some heart or some spirit or such. So, it was a good example of why some would say never watch TV, basically. I'm not one that says never watch TV, though it's mostly boring, and feels like a waste of time. It doesn't have to be. It can have quality.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I found it entertaining....and found no fault in it.

Some times I wish I had the power to see evil in everything i watch and see around me, like a lot of Christians I know.....But then i think again: This is not a power I desire to have.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You didn't hear about the football game?
And I thought we lived out in the sticks.
M-Bob
No. I did hear some others close by talking about a game event but like I said I am not interested in that stuff. When I was a child growing up in a hostile environment at home and moving to a new school practically every year I was always the new kid on the block. It was in Indiana and they incorporate an education system in that state which has three levels (students are each assigned one of three levels: caste system resulted unintentionally) of difficulty taught on most subjects. I was in the most difficult level which was a minority socially speaking with no friends, always new kid. Additionally, we were in farming communities. The schools had great and strong sports teams. But for some reason they loved bullying people like me together in the hallways and elsewhere. They and their girlfriends made life even more impossible for me as it was. I have no interest in supporting people like that or those of my painful memories.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Some times I wish I had the power to see evil in everything i watch and see around me, like a lot of Christians I know.....But then i think again: This is not a power I desire to have.
I can only say I seem to fail to see evil where a lot see it. heh I can see Trump's evil actions, but don't see evil in most television, but instead stuff not really worth my time at this point, simply. Not to say there cannot be evil somewhere. Obviously there can be evil potentially (it's not like nothing bad exists, etc.), and I think shows that are aimed at getting us to distrust our neighbors are a form of evil, for example.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can only say I seem to fail to see evil where a lot see it. heh I can see Trump's evil actions, but don't see evil in most television, but instead stuff not really worth my time at this point, simply. Not to say there cannot be evil somewhere. Obviously there can be evil potentially (it's not like nothing bad exists, etc.), and I think shows that are aimed at getting us to distrust our neighbors are a form of evil, for example.
I believe as we continue to have out lights polished, we begin to see less and less darkness. We aim to, one day, see no darkness, after which, He shall appear, and we shall see Him as He is...........for we shall be like Him.....

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

A LOT of times one's perspective or take on the world around them is influenced by where they come from. If one has been subjected to long-term abuse and hostility, esp during their childhood, they learn that extending good will and being naive/blind to evil can be a deadly practice or cause much pain and suffering and that having hope is but a mere self-deception which only allows one to endure hardship and pain longer and deeper but provides no release or rescue. On the other hand, if one is from a loving and sheltered childhood and transitions to such they can easily not see evil and see the positive results of hope, as such has been taken care of by those others who did/do it for them; mommy, daddy, hubby, wifey, nana, papa, etc. Neither perspective is necessarily better than the other; just a result of a person's character development and conditioning. Both perspectives need to adjust their familial/worldly personal perspective to God's as they grow in Christ. Family values, although Christ may be heavily included, do not necessarily equate to God's wisdom and values.

Along with Phil 4:8 instructions to "think on these things" regarding good and noble things we must balance God's Word into context with the fact that Christ did not trust man and knew that our hearts were evil and tells us to be SHREWD (Matt 10) in our relations. We are told not to trust in man in Proverbs. Jer.17:9 tells us that our hearts are continually evil and deceitful. Isa 64:6 tells us that our most righteous acts are as filthy rags, not just dirty but the context is rags used to absorb blood, in God's sight. Jesus told us that any follower of His will be hated. We are to deny ours selfish interests and pleasures for the sake of Christ and bear/endure our OWN cross (subject ourselves to evil) for Him. In light of these later things and the fact that our "adversary," the evil one, is constantly on the prowl seeking whom he may devour, it just might be prudent and proactive to continually scan and identify threats, evil, as we graciously encounter our surroundings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Super Bowl halftime show has been known to offend some folk's sensibilities for years now....yet those same folks keep watching and complaining about it year after year.

And we didn't. We watched the game but when we saw what the half time show was going to be like we took a break to do something else.
Again, it wasn't appropriate for children. Before our kids were grown we could watch it together but they can't watch it with their kids.

Upvote 0