Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That looks like a very interesting book, and I may even check it out as well. :oldthumbsup:
Yes, I think it is surprisingly easy to follow even though the information is unfamiliar to me as a layman. I think Boccaccini must be an excellent writer. The measure of a smart person is when they can teach a normal person IMO. That shows real mastery of the subject.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Another possibility on Nephilim is alien hybrids. If the UFO abduction believers are correct, then we may have a new generation of these sociopathic supermen. Maybe we humans can combat them with borg implants and genetic engineering. LOL
Michael Heiser has a cool 2 volume fictional saga (The Facade, The Portent) that plays with a storyline of aliens and the Nephilim, and the main character is kind of himself, an ancient near eastern languages expert who is caught in the middle of it all. It's fiction, but he purposely sprinkles in facts here & there so that you also learn some stuff.

I was getting nervous there, I almost let a day go by where I didn't talk about Michael Heiser lol.

• Haha
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BTW, have you started reading this book? Also, is it available online for free somewhere? I noticed that you had a lengthy quote that you probably didn't type manually. I've often felt like quoting from the book, but I can't find anything online to cut-and-paste.

No, I don't have the book. I just started reading what was available of this book's introduction from Google books. ^_^ [However, many times when I cite a source, I do so for a book I actually own.]

From Gods to God

• Informative
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No, I don't have the book. I just started reading what was available of this book's introduction from Google books. ^_^ [However, many times when I cite a source, I do so for a book I actually own.]

From Gods to God
It's a very interesting book too. The author sometimes goes into too much detail for me, but the ideas of the book make it worth slogging through the muck (of Hebrew grammar and so forth).

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0