Missouri
✟7,860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I just came home from an hour to two and half hour prayer meeting, I feel compelled to write some stuff down. In this prayer meeting, I really felt like God was moving and pushing me to something new.

I feel like many times, people view Christianity as a religion. I can understand why some people think this, but in my personal opinion, Christianity is not a religion. This idea has become a major problem in America. As Americans we try to make everything simple, everything compartmentalized. But Christianity is not something a person can put in a box. Christianity is not something I do on Sunday, or Wednesday, or Friday. No… Christianity is having a relationship with Jesus Christ. Christianity is a day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute way of living.

I am not religious, but I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I do not believe in religion, but I do believe in a real, authentic relationship with Jesus Christ. Yes, it is this that I thrive and live off of. I go to church on Sundays and attend church events because I want to fellowship with people who also have this kind of relationship. I do not go to church to be religious or to put my two cents towards God. That is not what church is about!

I really feel that people, in today’s society; especially in America; have lost touch of the real reason and purpose of Christianity. The idea/view of Christianity has changed and I think it is wrong. Christianity is about a relationship; not about saying a certain prayer, or attending every church service, or following all the rules. Yes… many Christians do these things, but it is because of their relationship with Christ that they do these things. We’ve turned it all around. Having a relationship with Christ motivates us to do these things. These are not the things that save us or get us to heaven.

During prayer tonight, I felt like God was leading me to a new place; a new kind of relationship, a new kind of Christianity. I feel like God is wanting to move in a new way in America, in our lives. God isn’t looking for Sunday school answer believers; He is looking for people who want to know Him; people who want to serve Him; people who want to worship Him; people who want to live for Him because of what He did when He sent His Son to die for us.

I feel like God is beginning to move in a new way and He wants people who are willing to live for Him. He is looking for people who are willing to spend time with Him; love Him and be changed and transformed by Him. Christ is wants you and He wants to fellowship with you. He loves you and he wants change your life! Christ is looking for followers who will take the truth and change this world.

Are you willing to follow Him and get to know the God who created you?

It's time we stopped standing next to the fire and jumped in and got burned! God is real and He wants to experience and encounter us... but we must jump! Are you ready to jump in and experience the God of the Universe? If you are, get ready because God is moving and He wants to take you along with him!

Mathetes the kerux

Tales of a Twice Born Man
Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just came home from an hour to two and half hour prayer meeting, I feel compelled to write some stuff down. In this prayer meeting, I really felt like God was moving and pushing me to something new.

I feel like many times, people view Christianity as a religion. I can understand why some people think this, but in my personal opinion, Christianity is not a religion. This idea has become a major problem in America. As Americans we try to make everything simple, everything compartmentalized. But Christianity is not something a person can put in a box. Christianity is not something I do on Sunday, or Wednesday, or Friday. No… Christianity is having a relationship with Jesus Christ. Christianity is a day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute way of living.

I am not religious, but I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I do not believe in religion, but I do believe in a real, authentic relationship with Jesus Christ. Yes, it is this that I thrive and live off of. I go to church on Sundays and attend church events because I want to fellowship with people who also have this kind of relationship. I do not go to church to be religious or to put my two cents towards God. That is not what church is about!

I really feel that people, in today’s society; especially in America; have lost touch of the real reason and purpose of Christianity. The idea/view of Christianity has changed and I think it is wrong. Christianity is about a relationship; not about saying a certain prayer, or attending every church service, or following all the rules. Yes… many Christians do these things, but it is because of their relationship with Christ that they do these things. We’ve turned it all around. Having a relationship with Christ motivates us to do these things. These are not the things that save us or get us to heaven.

During prayer tonight, I felt like God was leading me to a new place; a new kind of relationship, a new kind of Christianity. I feel like God is wanting to move in a new way in America, in our lives. God isn’t looking for Sunday school answer believers; He is looking for people who want to know Him; people who want to serve Him; people who want to worship Him; people who want to live for Him because of what He did when He sent His Son to die for us.

I feel like God is beginning to move in a new way and He wants people who are willing to live for Him. He is looking for people who are willing to spend time with Him; love Him and be changed and transformed by Him. Christ is wants you and He wants to fellowship with you. He loves you and he wants change your life! Christ is looking for followers who will take the truth and change this world.

It's time we stopped standing next to the fire and jumped in and got burned! God is real and He wants to experience and encounter us... but we must jump! Are you ready to jump in and experience the God of the Universe? If you are, get ready because God is moving and He wants to take you along with him!
AMEN . . . get John Piper's "Desiring God" and see how much more you beam!

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

:thumbsup:

trophy.jpg

Post of the Day Award

Upvote 0

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:hug: I am glad that you are enjoying Christ!
Christianity is a religion but Christ is not a religion and He does not want us to be religious.
He wants a group of people who are filled with Him as our life built up together in Him in oneness who will express and represent Him.
He want us to follow Him, pursue Him and live by His life in us.

Upvote 0

garfieldthecatman

Jul 27, 2005
Springfield
✟1,564.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I did some research and found a church that believed the same way. In fact, they went to the point of campaigning that they were Christians no more, because the word is know associated with religion and hypocrisy. They now call themself Christ-followers in an effort to be more Christ-like in every aspect of life.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.