Christianity vs The World (Part 3 -What is the Gospel - The Conclusion)

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
(Part 1: Christianity VS The World (The World)) / Part 2: Christianity VS The World (What is the Spirit? PART 2)) / ( History : Christianity VS The World (History) )

So what is the "Gospel" of Jesus Christ?

The word "Gospel" is of an Anglo-Saxon origin, and in the end it essentially means, "the good new" or "the good message."

To summarize, I think we could call the Gospel "an understanding of God's method of Salvation." And what is "God's method of salvation?"

It is that "God Himself" came to earth in the flesh, He lived a perfect life, He fulfilled the Law which none other could, He suffered death by the shedding of His righteous blood and in so doing, He paid the price of all sin. After three days in the grave, He resurrected, ascended into heaven, and took His place on the right hand of the Father, desiring that all be reconciled to God by His grace through faith on Him and Him alone.

When these essentials are understood and embraced, they become the "welcomed intelligence of salvation" or the good news, which transcends all other news one could ever recieve.

In many places scripture amplifies the word Gospel by calling it:

"the glorious Gospel"
"the everlasting Gospel"
"the Gospel of salvation"
"the Gospel of the kingdom"
"the Gospel of Christ"
"the Gospel of the grace of God"
"the Gospel of peace."

Take a look at these expanded phrases of the Gospel. When an individual receives, understand and embraces them in the way God intended the good news to be understood, things begin to change within and without them as compared to their former life in the flesh.

The "glorious, everlasting, gospel of salvation" make them a citizen of a new "kingdom," headed by a new King (Jesus Christ) and fueled by His divine grace. This kingdom is an all-together different world than the world from which we came. We being to see, and think and live by another source of power and strength -- The spirit and spiritual things, namely faith and love.

John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of Truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him:but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."

It is through this "Spirit of Truth" that believers begin to discern "a peace" which is very different from the peace this world provides.

Jesus said in John 14:27,

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

Because those who receive "the Gospel of Grace" become citizens of another kingdom, one where Christ reigns in our hearts by the fruit of the spirit (which the material world cannot fathom or comprehend), believers begin to lose their "conformity" to the ways of the world around them. And over time they abandon its methods and begin to concern themselves with that Jesus did, even to "bear witness unto the Truth."

And nothing more.

- From Shawn McCraney's book "If my kingdom were of this world then my servants would fight. - A believers refusal to join popular Christian culture."

Hope you enjoyed reading this and may God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ bring you peace, grace, mercy, compassion, love, longsuffering, and patience!

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...So what is the "Gospel" of Jesus Christ?

The word "Gospel" is of an Anglo-Saxon origin, and in the end it essentially means, "the good new" or "the good message."

To summarize, I think we could call the Gospel "an understanding of God's method of Salvation." And what is "God's method of salvation?"

It is that "God Himself" came to earth in the flesh, He lived a perfect life, He fulfilled the Law which none other could, He suffered death by the shedding of His righteous blood and in so doing, He paid the price of all sin. ...

I agree that Gospel means good news. And the good news is this in the Bible:

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim release to the captives, recovering of sight to the blind, To deliver those who are crushed, And to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord."
Luke 4:18-19

In short it is, sins are forgiven. And obviously, when sins are forgiven, it would be better not to continue in sin.

And by what the Bible tells, forgiveness is possible without sacrifice or blood:

The scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, "Who is this that speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?" But Jesus, perceiving their thoughts, answered them, "Why are you reasoning so in your hearts? Which is easier to say, 'Your sins are forgiven you;' or to say, 'Arise and walk?' But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins" (he said to the paralyzed man), "I tell you, arise, and take up your cot, and go to your house." Immediately he rose up before them, and took up that which he was laying on, and departed to his house, glorifying God.
Luke 5:21-25

Whoever's sins you forgive, they are forgiven them. Whoever's sins you retain, they have been retained."
John 20:23

Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0