✟15,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Today at 12:20 AM jodrey said this in Post #230
So I ask you, is it more correct to think of these three as three or as one? I can tell you that the LDS Church hardly ever refers to "three Gods," but one God. This, again, is symbolic, but so incorporated with our salvation is it that it is necessary to think this way. The Bible separates in terms of those individuals, but does not expressly label them three Gods. Remember, this wasn't long after the passing of Greek Mythology, which was a polytheistic religion or philosophy. So unified are the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, in various attributes, that they collectively are one God. They are also Gods individually, as scripture explicitly states. However, it is rare that you will find a scripture or comment made by a General Authority that there are three Gods, and I believe it has never been said that we worship three Gods. The unity is extremely important, and therefore it is more correct to say that there is one God rather than that there are three Gods.

Yea...Ok...so your main arguement is that there is no explicit teaching of the trinity in the bible...and our arguement is that it was a no-brainer and that it is shown that they believed in it. Mormons believe that the early church taught that the 3 gods idea was in the scripture....yet it is not meantioned here. What it does meantion here is rather contrary to what mormons would have us believe. Now you are going to say that it would have been too confusing for them to speak of 3 gods...I really wish you would make up your mind as to what they taught or didn't teach. Paul clearly states here that there is only ONE God.

...Sorry if this is off track now…I started it this morning...

Isaiah 9: 6 says, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

Isaiah 64: 8, "But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand." So Jehova is our father. How is this possible according to Mormon theology, you ask?

If only you knew what you wrote here. This can't be twisted into what mormons would like it to be.

Upvote 0

straightforward

Mar 13, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
✟15,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Today at 01:57 PM jodrey said this in Post #235
For example, Moses was to be 'elohiym' over Pharaoh.

Sorry to pop in on this one...since it wasn't addressed to me...but could you please give me Chapter and verse on this one?

Interesting thought, if I understand you correctly, but then Jesus would not be God, He would be evil; this struggle or temptation that you allude to is weakness, and so if He said that He doesn't do His own will, then He was associating Himself directly with weakness. Remember, He lived a perfect life. I don't think He was weak in any way. So, interesting thought, but I don't think so...

I don't think you understood it correctly...because in your reitteration of it you left out that He was also ALL GOD! So...no He wasn't evil...He overcame that in setting it aside for the will of the Father.

:D Hahahaha! You underestimate my brainwashing power! You won't withstand our mind controls! :evil laugh: :D

Stronger is He who is within me! :holy:

Upvote 0

straightforward

Mar 13, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
✟15,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Today at 01:13 AM HopeTheyDance said this in Post #232 Edited to add and correct spelling....babe in arms. Im going to rest now ....yawn....

Understood completely...I usually type with my two yr old in my arms!

Upvote 0

CCWoody

Voted best Semper Reformada signature ~ 2007
Mar 23, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟8,255.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Today at 02:35 PM HopeTheyDance said this in Post #245

Ok - it looks like everything is up and running now. Let us continue on.
Jodrey, I believe it is your turn.

Blessings,
Victoria

Has Jodrey withdrawn any of his false statments or even attempted to prove any of his assertions with regard to the Godhead?

Your friendly neighborhood Cordial Calvinist
Woody.

P.S.  Yes, Woody is back from a hunting holiday.  Sneaky turkeys!

Upvote 0