Tennessee, United States
✟18,144.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'll be taking the position that Christianity is true. I'd like the most intelligent, most highly-qualified non-believer to debate me on the issue. Whoever debates me should know that I may not take orthodox positions in many cases, but I will be well-reasoned with them and supply ample support for them when offered.

This should be fun.

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
What do you mean by "Christianity is true"? That the bible is literally true? That Christ was the son of god? That there was a person named Jesus Christ who lived in early 1st-century Israel and started a religion? Given how broad Christianity is, I feel like the field should be narrowed somewhat.

Upvote 0

BL2KTN

Scholar, Author, Educator
Oct 22, 2010
Tennessee, United States
✟18,144.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
I wouldn't be arguing that the bible is literally true, since that isn't something held by the whole of Christianity. I might argue that Jesus was/is the son of God, depending on theological implications of such a statement, given that most of Christianity does hold that to be true. A hebrew man named Yeshua is almost universally accepted to have existed by historians, so unless my opponent wishes to argue that point, I don't see it as pertinent.

I would basically be taking the position that Jesus taught the way to salvation and that He was resurrected.

Upvote 0

Resha Caner

Expert Fool
Sep 16, 2010
✟155,600.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I guess you could say I've had a bit of a conversion experience... I'll call myself a Western Unorthodox Christian now

How recently?

What do you mean by "Christianity is true"? That the bible is literally true? That Christ was the son of god? That there was a person named Jesus Christ who lived in early 1st-century Israel and started a religion? Given how broad Christianity is, I feel like the field should be narrowed somewhat.

A good point ... [edit] It looks like the clarification has been made.

I would basically be taking the position that Jesus taught the way to salvation and that He was resurrected.

That seems a reasonable framing of a position.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.