Visit site
✟9,136.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There was a time my friends and I met a non-believer who commented that all religions are outdated. Then, my friend shared some mind-blowing perspectives that got him convinced that God is real. One of us made a short video about it, and I think it is worth sharing. I hope you will find it useful too!

Reactions: Mr David

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
There was a time my friends and I met a non-believer who commented that all religions are outdated. Then, my friend shared some mind-blowing perspectives that got him convinced that God is real. One of us made a short video about it, and I think it is worth sharing. I hope you will find it useful too!

OK you lost me when you purported that Jesus had a 3D printer to make food.

Upvote 0

Cornelius77

7Lion
Aug 5, 2021
singapore
Visit site
✟9,136.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OK you lost me when you purported that Jesus had a 3D printer to make food.

Haha, none of us knows video editing and scripting when he came to us. But I'm starting to pick up some interest after watching his productions.

Anyway, this is a feedback video to those who believe in science but reject God. Jesus demonstrated the richness of science during His time since He is the One who designed and owned science, and we merely discover it. Accepting His truth will reveal more wonders of His creation.

For example:
[Isaiah 45:7] "I form the light and create the darkness..." <when there is no light, there is darkness, but when there is no darkness, what do we have? (Dark matter?)>

[Job 38:4] "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding."

Some believe aliens created us through science, and they refused to believe it was God who loves us who designed this 'science' for us.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Haha, none of us knows video editing and scripting when he came to us. But I'm starting to pick up some interest after watching his productions.

Anyway, this is a feedback video to those who believe in science but reject God. Jesus demonstrated the richness of science during His time since He is the One who designed and owned science, and we merely discover it. Accepting His truth will reveal more wonders of His creation.

For example:
[Isaiah 45:7] "I form the light and create the darkness..." <when there is no light, there is darkness, but when there is no darkness, what do we have? (Dark matter?)>

[Job 38:4] "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding."

Some believe aliens created us through science, and they refused to believe it was God who loves us who designed this 'science' for us.
errr....... how did Jesus demonstrate the richness in science. His cohort thought the earth was flat

Upvote 0

Cornelius77

7Lion
Aug 5, 2021
singapore
Visit site
✟9,136.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
errr....... how did Jesus demonstrate the richness in science. His cohort thought the earth was flat

For what it's worth, Jesus declared that not all his followers are true followers... Bible said the earth is not flat (Isaiah 40:22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth...)

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
For what it's worth, Jesus declared that not all his followers are true followers... Bible said the earth is not flat (Isaiah 40:22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth...)

A circle is a 2 dimensional (flat) thing. A sphere is 3 dimensional. So if anything this shows the Bible teaches the Earth is flat.

Upvote 0

Cornelius77

7Lion
Aug 5, 2021
singapore
Visit site
✟9,136.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A circle is a 2 dimensional (flat) thing. A sphere is 3 dimensional. So if anything this shows the Bible teaches the Earth is flat.

Haha, I thought about this too when I suggested this verse. But then, does the word "circle" here really suggest flatness? The word "Sphere" was introduced after Christ. [link: sphere | Origin and meaning of sphere by Online Etymology Dictionary]

So before the word "Sphere" was introduced, how can we describe a "sphere"? We live in 3D space, but all 3D objects we see are in 2D forms. Describing "Sphere" as "Circle" before the word 'sphere' was introduced makes sense to me.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There was a time my friends and I met a non-believer who commented that all religions are outdated. Then, my friend shared some mind-blowing perspectives that got him convinced that God is real. One of us made a short video about it

"One of us"?

Was it you?

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I knew the earth wasn't flat when I was 4 years old and I didn't need the bible to teach me that. You are crediting the bible with being something it is not. Its a book that espouses a spiritual guide - It was never intended to be a scientific journal.... and if it was intended to be, then it fails

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Haha, I thought about this too when I suggested this verse. But then, does the word "circle" here really suggest flatness? The word "Sphere" was introduced after Christ. [link: sphere | Origin and meaning of sphere by Online Etymology Dictionary]

So before the word "Sphere" was introduced, how can we describe a "sphere"? We live in 3D space, but all 3D objects we see are in 2D forms. Describing "Sphere" as "Circle" before the word 'sphere' was introduced makes sense to me.
Men have always lived in e 3D space. The fact is, all men - including Jesus, thought the world was flat - and they were wrong

Upvote 0

Cornelius77

7Lion
Aug 5, 2021
singapore
Visit site
✟9,136.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I knew the earth wasn't flat when I was 4 years old and I didn't need the bible to teach me that. You are crediting the bible with being something it is not. Its a book that espouses a spiritual guide - It was never intended to be a scientific journal.... and if it was intended to be, then it fails

Men have always lived in e 3D space. The fact is, all men - including Jesus, thought the world was flat - and they were wrong

Actually, the Bible does not teach that the earth is flat. [Read reference: Does the Bible Teach that the Earth is Flat?]

Also, did Jesus ever claimed that the world is flat? But the disciples claimed that the world is "digital" in which it is still not 'scientifically' proven.
  • [John 1:1-3] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.
  • [Colossians 1:16-17] For in Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities. All things were created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
The Bible claims everything is created by the "Word" which by our current understanding, "text/source code". This could mean, we are all living in a virtual world created by a Higher being (Bible claims as "Most High"). For example, when you programmed a digital game, you are the God of that game in which you decide all the laws and possibilities of that world. When you want the characters in your created world to know you (the creator), you set an avatar of yourself in that game you created.
  • [John 12:49] I have not spoken on My own, but the Father who sent Me has commanded Me what to say and how to say it.
  • [Colossians 1:15] The Son is the image of the invisible God...
From the way I see it, this book is more than just a spiritual guide, it reveals the truth of the creation and what the Creator wants from it.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

As was the word circle!

circle | Search Online Etymology Dictionary (etymonline.com)

Same source you used!

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How could Jesus be wrong when He and the Father are one? That's theologically impossible. :scratch:
He along with all men of that era, thought the world was flat. Indeed men who espoused something different were treated severely by religious officials.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Actually, the Bible does not teach that the earth is flat. [Read reference: Does the Bible Teach that the Earth is Flat?]

Also, did Jesus ever claimed that the world is flat? But the disciples claimed that the world is "digital" in which it is still not 'scientifically' proven.
  • [John 1:1-3] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.
  • [Colossians 1:16-17] For in Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities. All things were created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
The Bible claims everything is created by the "Word" which by our current understanding, "text/source code". This could mean, we are all living in a virtual world created by a Higher being (Bible claims as "Most High"). For example, when you programmed a digital game, you are the God of that game in which you decide all the laws and possibilities of that world. When you want the characters in your created world to know you (the creator), you set an avatar of yourself in that game you created.
  • [John 12:49] I have not spoken on My own, but the Father who sent Me has commanded Me what to say and how to say it.
  • [Colossians 1:15] The Son is the image of the invisible God...
From the way I see it, this book is more than just a spiritual guide, it reveals the truth of the creation and what the Creator wants from it.
None of what you wrote improves your theory that Jesus was ahead of his time scientifically.

The bible espouses quite a few things that aren't factual or scientifically correct.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
He along with all men of that era, thought the world was flat. Indeed men who espoused something different were treated severely by religious officials.

I see you’re a seeker. That explains it.

Upvote 0

Cornelius77

7Lion
Aug 5, 2021
singapore
Visit site
✟9,136.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thanks for offering this info. You are right. The original Hebrew text should have used another word instead of a circle. Upon checking, it suggests vault or horizon.

upload_2021-8-17_11-52-3.png

None of what you wrote improves your theory that Jesus was ahead of his time scientifically.

The bible espouses quite a few things that aren't factual or scientifically correct.

Thanks for your input. Yes, it is just a theory. Like science, it all begins with theories and is to be proven right or wrong. Science cannot prove the existence of a black hole in the center of the Milky Way. It is just a believable theory. Science proves light is bendable in some conditions. If the light is bent before it hits our eyes, the image we see is altered from reality. Then, how sure are we that everything we see is the way it is when we cannot touch and feel it? For example, even when an object is a dodecahedron, by bending its light before it hits our eyes, we might end up seeing a sphere. [Reference link: Light Bends by Itself | Science | AAAS]

Also, when we read the Bible, we will notice that Jesus was treated severely for new ideas and was killed.

The way I look at it, this possibility is believable. The Bible was not written by Jesus Himself, so I cannot judge solely by its text if Jesus was ahead of his time when someone else was writing his story. When Jesus multiplies bread, how can the writer on that time describe the proper process? It is likened to us asking a jungle boy to describe how we turn water into the ice by the fridge. ^_^

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for offering this info. You are right. The original Hebrew text should have used another word instead of a circle. Upon checking, it suggests vault or horizon.

View attachment 304494

Thanks for your input. Yes, it is just a theory. Like science, it all begins with theories and is to be proven right or wrong. Science cannot prove the existence of a black hole in the center of the Milky Way. It is just a believable theory. Science proves light is bendable in some conditions. If the light is bent before it hits our eyes, the image we see is altered from reality. Then, how sure are we that everything we see is the way it is when we cannot touch and feel it? For example, even when an object is a dodecahedron, by bending its light before it hits our eyes, we might end up seeing a sphere. [Reference link: Light Bends by Itself | Science | AAAS]

Also, when we read the Bible, we will notice that Jesus was treated severely for new ideas and was killed.

The way I look at it, this possibility is believable. The Bible was not written by Jesus Himself, so I cannot judge solely by its text if Jesus was ahead of his time when someone else was writing his story. When Jesus multiplies bread, how can the writer on that time describe the proper process? It is likened to us asking a jungle boy to describe how we turn water into the ice by the fridge. ^_^
Again. There's nothing in the bible that attempts to purport it is a repository of scientific information. Clearly that's not its purpose and your trying to turn it into one. I'd recommend using the bible as intended: a spiritual guide

Upvote 0