Hebrews 13:13
Mar 10, 2013
In God's Hand
✟16,186.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Imagining a reality wherein God would empower believers in Christ with superpowers like Samson.

Then ask yourself why isn't there any modern day Samson? Or better yet, why isn't there any Superman or Wonder Woman?

Is it because it is not about trouncing the bad guys but preaching the gospel of the Saviour to a lost world, thereby we must decrease so that He may increase?

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

If God does not want believers to be carnal in making a big deal about a preacher or an evangelist, and they are doing so in this matter, could this be also why God is not empowering any believers to be a superhero?

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

If prayers in secret and giving in secret pleases God: Matthew 6:1-8, then if there be any "superhero" empowered by God, that "servant" would have to do it in secret.... as the anonymous good samaritan.

The danger would be allowing the foot of pride to come into the believer and cause him or her to fall for which God would not bother to empower a believer in that way at all.

1 Timothy 3: 5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) 6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Such would be the struggles in that world of superpowered christians RPG.

Makes one wonder what God would provide to combat it for those anonymous good samaritans to maintain that reconciled relationship in good fellowship with the Lord?

Acne that will not go away?

A forever bad hair day?

Some "flaw" as considered a flaw in the eyes of society as not quite perfect that he or she would not be tempted to be exposed and paraded around like an icon?

I am trying to fathom what God would permit in such a reality which of course, shows why He does not because of us being in this corruptible flesh still. Believers are faltering with the foot of pride in this normal reality, one can imagine that in light of eternity, believers will be glad that He did not permit any modern day Samson in these latter days when pride of life as promoted by the media is rarely seen as not having the love of the Father in them.

Look at our churches today in how we emphasized how we are to appear in church.. and yet when I read this below, it sounded like for every day.

1 Timothy 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

Can you imagine women not wearing make up to church for shamefacedness? Or how about not wearing their Sunday's best dress, but modest or casual apparel or not wearing jewelry of any kind or not showing off that fancy hair do?

What about the men in their Sunday's best suits?

Hmmm.....

Seeing how this is happening in real life, I reckon one could fathom the superpowered christian RPG world as having alot of superpowered believers lost in the rat trap of the pride of life as well... maybe even moreso. We see how christian in the music world have lost their way and have become vain and self serving and seemingly fallen from grace.

Still, it seems the role model ought to be the one as the anonymous good samaritan for our readers and players to be involved in.

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would be interested in this, if you want to do a one on one. Have you ever read Ted Dekker? My friend and I did an rpg before where there were two worlds. Earth, and the written world in the journal of superheroes, and mutants with special abilities. It represents the spiritual world. and well, something happens to join this world together. would you be interested in doing an rpg? or even if others want to join in!!!!! great Christia rpg!!!!

Upvote 0