FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"For he is the best student who does not read his thoughts into the book, but lets it reveal its own; who draws from it its sense, and does not import his own into it, nor force upon its words a meaning which he had determined was the right one before he opened its pages. Since then we are to discourse of the things of God, let us assume that God has full knowledge of Himself, and bow with humble reverence to His words. For He Whom we can only know through His own utterances is the fitting witness concerning Himself." -Hilary of Poitiers-

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
“And Grace calls out, 'You are not just a disillusioned old man who may die soon, a middle-aged woman stuck in a job and desperately wanting to get out, a young person feeling the fire in the belly begin to grow cold. You may be insecure, inadequate, mistaken or potbellied. Death, panic, depression, and disillusionment may be near you. But you are not just that. You are accepted.' Never confuse your perception of yourself with the mystery that you really are accepted.” -Brennan Manning-

“We should be astonished at the goodness of God, stunned that He should bother to call us by name, our mouths wide open at His love, bewildered that at this very moment we are standing on holy ground.”

“The ragamuffin who sees his life as a voyage of discovery and runs the risk of failure has a better feel for faithfulness than the timid man who hides behind the law and never finds out who he is at all.”

Brennan Manning, The Ragamuffin Gospel: Good News for the Bedraggled, Beat-Up, and Burnt Out

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"God not only loves me as I am, but also knows me as I am. Because of this I don't need to apply spiritual cosmetics to make myself presentable to Him. I can accept ownership of my poverty and powerlessness and neediness." -Brennan Manning-

"Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come." -Rabindranath Tagore-

"Lord, when I feel that what I'm doing is insignificant and unimportant, help me to remember that everything I do is significant and important in your eyes, because you love me and you put me here, and no one else can do what I am doing in exactly the way I do it." -Brennan Manning-

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
rabindranathtagore1-2x.jpg

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"Good souls many will one day be horrified at the things they may now believe of God...they can make little progress in the knowledge of God while holding evil things true of Him." -George MacDonald

“I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.” - Og Mandino-

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” - Rabindranath Tagore-

“Your idol is shattered in the dust to prove that God’s dust is greater than your idol.” - Rabindranath Tagore-

“Death is not extinguishing the light; it is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.” - Rabindranath Tagore

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"The kingdom is not an exclusive, well-trimmed suburb with snobbish rules about who can live there. No, it is for a far larger, homelier, less self-conscious caste of people who understand they are sinners because they have experienced the yaw and pitch of moral struggle." -Brennan Manning-

"The men and women who are truly filled with the light are those who have gazed deeply into the darkness of their own imperfect existence." -Brennan Manning-

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
“Shakespeare described love as an “ever-fixed mark.” In a healthy family, you know how love is defined: It’s clear, has boundaries, and is attainable. Unfortunately, in a shame-bound family, love is a moving target; one day it’s this and one day it’s that, and just when you’re sure you’ve got it figured out, you discover you don’t.” - Brennan Manning-

“The heart enveloped in the tenderness of God passes that tenderness around indiscriminately, making no distinction between the worthy and the unworthy.” - Brennan Manning-

Upvote 0