dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't follow the charts much, and if I ever look them up I find I hardly know any acts. I got a bit disinterested over the years because of the lack of variety of music making it in. But that aside any notable examples of christians groups making it into the charts?

Last edited:

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Lauren Daigle made history with her hit song “You Say” by staying put as the No. 1 song on Billboard’s Hot Christian Songs for 62 weeks, according to Fox News. At 62 weeks atop the Billboard’s Hot Christian Songs, “You Say” now holds the record for the longest time a song has stayed in the number one spot on the chart. The previous contender, “Oceans” by Hillsong United, was the inspiration behind the 28-year-old’s success. Oceans sat at number one on the chart for 61 weeks."

^from Christianheadlines.com

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"Lauren Daigle made history with her hit song “You Say” by staying put as the No. 1 song on Billboard’s Hot Christian Songs for 62 weeks, according to Fox News. At 62 weeks atop the Billboard’s Hot Christian Songs, “You Say” now holds the record for the longest time a song has stayed in the number one spot on the chart. The previous contender, “Oceans” by Hillsong United, was the inspiration behind the 28-year-old’s success. Oceans sat at number one on the chart for 61 weeks."

^from Christianheadlines.com

I was thinking of christians with songs in the secular charts, cross over songs, rather than in a chart specifically for christian music. For instance its going back a bit but Michael W Smith's song Place In This World - reached number 6 in the Billboard Hot 100, way back in 1991. I was wondering if there were any more recent cross over songs?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0