Birthew

Apr 24, 2011
West London
✟15,286.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi, I've just seen the new pirates film. For some reason the main villain has a christian missionary as part of his crew/prisoner. During the film the christian falls in love with a mermaid. Now please could someone indicate where in the Bible it says inappropriate behavior with animals is allowed dependent on how much of a human the creature looks like. Thanks :D

EphesiaNZ

It's me! Who else could it be...
Apr 19, 2011
New Zealand
✟15,297.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I've just seen the new pirates film. For some reason the main villain has a christian missionary as part of his crew/prisoner. During the film the christian falls in love with a mermaid. Now please could someone indicate where in the Bible it says inappropriate behavior with animals is allowed dependent on how much of a human the creature looks like. Thanks :D

Mermaids, aren't they a myth?

Anyway, it's Hollywood - the land of unreality. Don't worry about it!

Personally, I'm waiting for Arnie's new Hollywood blockbuster - The Impregnator :)

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Now please could someone indicate where in the Bible it says inappropriate behavior with animals is allowed dependent on how much of a human the creature looks like. Thanks
biggrin.gif

Well it might be a little off topic but there is that section that Talks about some "demons" breeding with humans...fromed some race of giants right?

and to think..Disney was going to band Keith Richards scene because he admitted he
used to do drugs. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MercyGrace

I love Narnia.
Jun 8, 2011
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess it's weird if you read too much into it. But the Christian character was principled AND brave; he stood against evil and he showed compassion to the imprisoned mermaid. Overall, I thought he wasn't too bad. But there will always be awkward implications when you insert a serious Christian character into a movie that has fantastical, mythological elements as a major part of the plot.

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The "moral" conflict between the mairmaid and the preacher was interesting and at the same time "artificially" implicated. It tried to bring forth an outdated altruism with a modern sense of liberalism I thought. And that is not bad it was just strange... as I wonder if the mermaid was an ugly evil being would he have go the extra mile for her? It was a berlesk movie anyhow. So I think I forgive the twist as part of a fanstasy story.

Upvote 0

CelticGrace

Legend
Sep 1, 2004
Mesquite, Texas
✟38,987.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The OP said the main villain (i.e. Blackbeard) had a missionary as part of his crew, not that the missionary was the main villain.

I had absolutely no problem with that side story and liked this movie infinitely more than the 2nd and 3rd. I agree with those that said Kiera and Orlando not being in it was a bonus, even though usually I can't stand Penelope Cruz. I think I like this one and the first one about equally.

Upvote 0

IgnusAnima

Jun 20, 2011
Scotland
✟7,615.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
/facepalm

I really hope your joking.

On the subject of the movie, No Kiera Knightley or ORlando Bloom = Me not going to watch it.

No, do watch it! It's worth it! Penelope Cruz is as good as Kiera Knightley! Best film yet, in my honest opinion. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums