YS2010

Apr 3, 2011
✟15,112.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
hey everyone..
i am a christian guy from egypt and i love girl from yemen and she is muslim we met eachother online more than year ago and we really love eachother more than anything and we sure about that and we ready to do anything to be with eachother and i dont have a problem about being her muslime and also she dont have a problem about that im christian ..
but the problem how to be with eachother while we live in muslims country thats will be kinda hard and also if we wanna travel to america or eurpo thats hard too for now ..
and her family will never agree to let her marry christian guy at same time she dont wanna run and leave them so how can we be together i really need help any idea just any idea or if there maybe any organization can help us to get out from this counties and go to america to we can marriage...
thanks

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hey YS, welcome to CF .. :wave:

I must say that while I truly sympathize with you and your situation, you need to ask yourself if running away from your families and your faiths (or if not yours, certainly her family and her faith) is the right way to begin a marriage! Marriage is hard enough when the situation is perfect, but if getting married requires that you both leave your respective countries, as well as either one of you needing to leave the two institutions from which a married couple should expect to derive the most support, the family and the church (or mosque in your GF's faith), I'm not sure your marriage will survive.

If I'm not mistaken, the Quran allows for a Muslim man to marry a Christian or Jewish woman (Sura 5:5), but forbids the marriage of a Muslim woman to a non-Muslim man (of course, living in Egypt, you are probably already aware of that prohibition). So if she marries you, you may be faced with a wife who, whether living in America or not, will be disowned by her family and shunned by her faith.

And more importantly, you, as a Christian, have clear directions from the Bible not to marry outside your faith, right!

"Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?" 2 Corinthians 6:14-15

I know this is tough to read and not what wanted to hear, but if you two do what you're planning on doing, you'd better do it with your eyes wide open and truly consider what kind of life may be awaiting you, yes?

Yours and His,
David

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BleedingHeart

Feb 1, 2011
Grand Blanc, Michigan
✟2,049.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
From a purely secular opinion you must ask yourself if loving her is worth all the pain of a interfaith marriage: the prejudice you both may face from friends and family, the fact that people of your/her faith will not only disagree with you two for your actions but dislike you for them.
If so, I say do it and I wish you all the best. Love is a wonderful thing, and I would rather you embrace it and deal with the consequences rather than turn your back on it.

To be honest, even if you two do not go through with the marriage, there could be lifelong consequences. There's always going to be that rift between the people that don't care about interfaith marriages (you, your girlfriend) and those that do (friends and family). If my family gave me crap for dating a Muslim girl (and it's crossed my mind several times), I'd find it difficult to talk to them in the future.

Upvote 0

YS2010

Apr 3, 2011
✟15,112.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
thanks guys for the answering and interest..
im tellin u guys that her love deserve anything we are ready to do anything to be together and we sure about that and we sure that we want that..
the problem she dont wanna make her familey mad they will be mad in any case we know that but what we trying to do is to be together with less damage to her family so how can we do that ..

Upvote 0

BleedingHeart

Feb 1, 2011
Grand Blanc, Michigan
✟2,049.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
thanks guys for the answering and interest..
im tellin u guys that her love deserve anything we are ready to do anything to be together and we sure about that and we sure that we want that..
the problem she dont wanna make her familey mad they will be mad in any case we know that but what we trying to do is to be together with less damage to her family so how can we do that ..

There is no way for you two to control how much damage the family will go through if you two get married. The family members will have to get over their prejudice of their own accord. You cannot force them. I would say that the best thing you could do is be honest with them, but if the laws in Egypt are as the others say, then you would be putting yourself in danger.
If you are serious about marrying her, I suggest you leave the country and either go to Europe or America. People will still give you crap in either country.

Upvote 0

EyesOfKohl

Sufi
Nov 27, 2010
Гимры
✟83,635.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
hey everyone..
i am a christian guy from egypt and i love girl from yemen and she is muslim we met eachother online more than year ago and we really love eachother more than anything and we sure about that and we ready to do anything to be with eachother and i dont have a problem about being her muslime and also she dont have a problem about that im christian ..
but the problem how to be with eachother while we live in muslims country thats will be kinda hard and also if we wanna travel to america or eurpo thats hard too for now ..
and her family will never agree to let her marry christian guy at same time she dont wanna run and leave them so how can we be together i really need help any idea just any idea or if there maybe any organization can help us to get out from this counties and go to america to we can marriage...
thanks

Peace and Blessings be upon you,

I hope you are well.

I can really understand your situation and relate. Does she and her family know the Quran very well? I'd suggest you present this to her and then present it before her family.

The Quran tells men they are NOT allowed to marry disbelieving women until they believe but that they MAY marry (chaste) Christian and Jewish women. The Quran never tells a woman that she CAN'T marry a Christian or Jew.

The Quran says that to both men and women, that do NOT marry disbelievers/unbelievers/kufffars. However, the Quran does not consider Christians and Jews kuffars or disbelievers at all. It considers them People of the Book, and they always hold a special place in the Quran, especially those who are righteous, are chaste, do good work, etc.

Don't forget that anything that's in parentheses is the translator's/interpreter's thought and has no basis in the original Arabic text itself. What you need to be focusing on is the actual Arabic, and not the "(i.e.,...)" or "(XYZ)." For example, there's nothing in verse 2:221 that says, "Don't marry your daughters off to ..." but yet, that's how it's translated! The original text only says, "Do not marry . . ." It should read:

"Do not marry idolatresses unless they believe; a believing woman is better than an idolatress..."

Clearly, the second part indicates that it's talking to men, not to women, since, well, it says a believing woman is better than an idolatress.

Since the Ahl-e-Kitab (People of the Book = Jews and Christians) are not deemed idolaters and/or disbelievers or unbelievers by the Quran, any argument saying that the Quran forbids women from marrying Jewish and Christian men is flawed because the Quran forbids BOTH men and women from marrying disbelievers but then it allows men to marry Christians/Jews while never specifically allowing or disallowing women to do the same.

Now, ask them to show you a verse in the Quran that tells Muslim women that they may not marry men from People of the Book (Jews/Christians), when it specifically tells Muslim men that they CAN marry women from the People of the Book.

BUT if the argument is that the People of the Book ARE, indeed, disbelievers since Christians have their belief in Trinity, then the response becomes: Since Christianity has evolved between the time that verse was revealed and today, Muslim men are no longer permitted to marry Christian women, since they're essentially disbelievers. But this argument is not supported by the Quran, since it makes it clear that they CAN marry. It just never says women cannot marry Christian/Jews, but that no Muslim (man or woman) may marry a disbeliever.

The Quran strictly prohibits marriage with idolaters, but it does not mention whether Muslim women can or cannot marry People of the Book.

“And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al Mushrikun (polytheists) till they believe" (Al-Baqarah: 221)

Christian's and Jew's are 'Ahl-e-Kitab'. Muslim men are allowed to marry People of the Book, so Ahl-e-Kitab can't be called Al Mushrikun, otherwise Muslim men wouldn't be able to marry them, right?

Many Islamic scholars, of course, forbid the marriage of a Muslim women to a Christian or Jew, but after reading this, you'll see that there is no basis for it. There have been Islamic scholars who have accepted marriage of Muslim women to men who are people of the book.

So, one more time: The Quran tells men they are NOT allowed to marry disbelieving women until they believe but that they MAY marry (chaste) Christian and Jewish women. The Quran never tells a woman that she CAN'T marry a Christian or Jew.

I've taken most of the above information from a user called 'Roshina' on this forum Why can't a Muslimah marry a Jew of a Christian? (Split) - Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | Credit goes to her, but I hope it will help you.

I wish you good luck, if you need anymore help, feel free to ask.

Take care,

ZK

Upvote 0