Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Christian Faith Leaders Rebuke Trump in Open Letter

tulc(thought the whole letter was worth reading) :wave:
As far as Christian leaders condemning Trump, they will have my attention when Franklin Graham joins the list.

Last I heard, he was not agreeing at all with these people.

I heard him say that his father Billy voted for Trump and he felt certain he would have voted for him again.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only you think so here. These Christians stand for the poor, for the hungry, the widow, the orphan, the sick, the lame, the crazy. Who do you stand for. Trump does stand up for any of these that Jesus told us to take care of.

Hopefully none of these human beings are from the [bleep] hole countries Trump doesn’t like.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
False Prophets

Matthew 7:15 ESV
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

1 John 4:1 ESV /
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Matthew 24:24 ESV /
For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

2 Peter 2:1 ESV /
But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 ESV /
For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

Matthew 24:11 ESV /
And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray.

2 Timothy 4:3 ESV /
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,

Romans 16:18 ESV /
For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.

Revelation 19:20 ESV /
And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.

Jeremiah 23:16 ESV /
Thus says the Lord of hosts: “Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you, filling you with vain hopes. They speak visions of their own minds, not from the mouth of the Lord.

Deuteronomy 18:20 ESV /
But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’

Luke 6:26 ESV /
“Woe to you, when all people speak well of you, for so their fathers did to the false prophets.

Mark 13:22 ESV /
For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform signs and wonders, to lead astray, if possible, the elect.

Revelation 20:10 ESV /
And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Matthew 7:21 ESV /
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

2 Peter 2:3 ESV / 3
And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

Jeremiah 14:14 ESV /
And the Lord said to me: “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I did not send them, nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a lying vision, worthless divination, and the deceit of their own minds.

Romans 16:17-18 ESV /
I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 ESV /
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

1 Corinthians 14:33 ESV / 283 helpful votes
For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,

Ezekiel 22:28 ESV /
And her prophets have smeared whitewash for them, seeing false visions and divining lies for them, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord God,’ when the Lord has not spoken.

Jeremiah 5:30-31 ESV /
An appalling and horrible thing has happened in the land: the prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests rule at their direction; my people love to have it so, but what will you do when the end comes?

Matthew 24:4-5 ESV /
And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray.

Jude 1:4 ESV /
For certain people have crept in unnoticed who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Matthew 7:15-20 ESV /
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. ...

Ezekiel 13:9 ESV /
My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and who give lying divinations. They shall not be in the council of my people, nor be enrolled in the register of the house of Israel, nor shall they enter the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am the Lord God.

John 14:6 ESV /
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jeremiah 5:31 ESV / 245 helpful votes
The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests rule at their direction; my people love to have it so, but what will you do when the end comes?

Colossians 2:8 ESV / 237 helpful votes
See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.

Isaiah 8:20 ESV /
To the teaching and to the testimony! If they will not speak according to this word, it is because they have no dawn.

Matthew 7:15-16 ESV /
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

Ezekiel 13:6 ESV /
They have seen false visions and lying divinations. They say, ‘Declares the Lord,’ when the Lord has not sent them, and yet they expect him to fulfill their word.

Revelation 13:14 ESV /
And by the signs that it is allowed to work in the presence of the beast it deceives those who dwell on earth, telling them to make an image for the beast that was wounded by the sword and yet lived.

2 Peter 2:2 ESV /
And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed.

Revelation 2:20 ESV /
But I have this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and seducing my servants to practice sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols.

2 Corinthians 11:13 ESV /
For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.

John 8:44 ESV /
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Lamentations 2:14 ESV /
Your prophets have seen for you false and deceptive visions; they have not exposed your iniquity to restore your fortunes, but have seen for you oracles that are false and misleading.

Revelation 2:2 ESV /
“‘I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false.

Acts 13:6 ESV /
When they had gone through the whole island as far as Paphos, they came upon a certain magician, a Jewish false prophet named Bar-Jesus.

Revelation 13:12 ESV /
It exercises all the authority of the first beast in its presence, and makes the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose mortal wound was healed.

Deuteronomy 13:3 ESV /
You shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the Lord your God is testing you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Jeremiah 23:21 ESV /
“I did not send the prophets, yet they ran; I did not speak to them, yet they prophesied.

Micah 3:11 ESV /
Its heads give judgment for a bribe; its priests teach for a price; its prophets practice divination for money; yet they lean on the Lord and say, “Is not the Lord in the midst of us? No disaster shall come upon us.”

Revelation 16:13 ESV /
And I saw, coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs.

Jeremiah 23:14 ESV /
But in the prophets of Jerusalem I have seen a horrible thing: they commit adultery and walk in lies; they strengthen the hands of evildoers, so that no one turns from his evil; all of them have become like Sodom to me, and its inhabitants like Gomorrah.”

Revelation 12:9 ESV /
And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

Micah 3:5 ESV /
Thus says the Lord concerning the prophets who lead my people astray, who cry “Peace” when they have something to eat, but declare war against him who puts nothing into their mouths.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 ESV /
But test everything; hold fast what is good.

Matthew 24:12 ESV /
And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold.

1 Timothy 6:5 ESV /
And constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain.

Deuteronomy 18:21-22 ESV /
And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

Isaiah 56:10-11 ESV /
His watchmen are blind; they are all without knowledge; they are all silent dogs; they cannot bark, dreaming, lying down, loving to slumber. The dogs have a mighty appetite; they never have enough. But they are shepherds who have no understanding; they have all turned to their own way, each to his own gain, one and all.

Acts 20:29 ESV /
I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock;

Jeremiah 23:26 ESV /
How long shall there be lies in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies, and who prophesy the deceit of their own heart,

2 Timothy 3:13 ESV /
While evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

Matthew 7:21-23 ESV / 1
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

• Agree
Reactions: JohnAshton
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
It would be an understatement to assert that warnings concerning "false prophets" were reoccurring theme throughout both the Old and New Testaments!

In the case of America's Evangelicals, rather than succumbing to "a wolf in sheep's clothing" they have been seduced by "a wolf in wolf's clothing!!"

To his credit, Trump can never be accused of going to any great lengths to deceive Evangelicals, because as a confirmed "narcissist" this President truly believes that anything and everything he does is above reproach!

Evangelicals have become willing participants in this deception, based on the less than Biblical rationalization that whatever this Presidents moral shortcomings, "the ends justify the means" as long as Trump continues to promote their agenda!

Evangelicals are also operating under the assumption that whenever this relationship finally comes to an end, their Christian values will not have been compromised and they will emerge with them fully intact!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
Only you think so here. These Christians stand for the poor, for the hungry, the widow, the orphan, the sick, the lame, the crazy. Who do you stand for. Trump does stand up for any of these that Jesus told us to take care of.
Democrats says they do, but they create the poor. hungry, widow, orphans, sick, lame, and the crazies with their policies. Standing with them against Trump is wrong for Christians to do. Take a look at any democratic city, then take a look at any republican city. The contrast is evidence.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
Franklin Graham... speaking of the Christians who once condemned Bill Clinton for his adultery and womanizing, but who now fawns over another adulterer and womanizer with an R beside his name.
Any man before accepting Christ as their savior should not be compared to someone who has not accept Christ. The deeds are the same, the situation has change for one of them.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,232.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Evangelicals are also operating under the assumption that whenever this relationship finally comes to an end, their Christian values will not have been compromised and they will emerge with them fully intact!

You mean like Jesus did when he ate with the tax collectors and sinners? Isn't that what they said about him? How can he even eat with such people? Didn't they say he totally lost his credibility as well?

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,232.00
Faith
Non-Denom
False Prophets

Romans 16:18 ESV /
For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.

So for all your roll out of about 50 scriptures about false Prophets which one can you compare to Trump. He's not a man bringing a spiritual message but rather a political one.....so what's your point?
And the verse above about "smooth talk". What you're comparing that to Trump? Trump may be many things but I don't think many would accuse him of that so sorry I suggest you're missing the point.

Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Democrats says they do, but they create the poor. hungry, widow, orphans, sick, lame, and the crazies with their policies. Standing with them against Trump is wrong for Christians to do. Take a look at any democratic city, then take a look at any republican city. The contrast is evidence.
That is patently false. Every red county has their desperately rural poor. What is sad is that you on the evangelical far right, in your diminishing numbers, cannot see the wolf in wolf's clothing right in front of you.

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So for all your roll out of about 50 scriptures about false Prophets which one can you compare to Trump. He's not a man bringing a spiritual message but rather a political one.....so what's your point?
And the verse above about "smooth talk". What you're comparing that to Trump? Trump may be many things but I don't think many would accuse him of that so sorry I suggest you're missing the point.
Your 'smooth talk,' bobber, is that your 'religious' group is supporting a man with clay feet. If he does not support you spiritually, then his support of you politically is false.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟822,455.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What is the difference of belief in one who you think is a liberal Christian, and one who is not?

I mean I agree the church should help the poor, and even the individual, if able, should do likewise.

I guess what I'm asking is why do they place "liberal" in front of Christian to define themselves?
Where are you getting the word liberal from the letter?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
That is patently false. Every red county has their desperately rural poor. What is sad is that you on the evangelical far right, in your diminishing numbers, cannot see the wolf in wolf's clothing right in front of you.
You, on the other hand, are wise.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see we found seemingly good reason to rekindle the hate (A fine Christian value BTW) because it also seems the last excuse to hate Trump is likely dead in the water.

At least he's transparent about what he is, and though some of you would have rather had a publicly plastic, well composed Hillary in office now, fortunately you cannot, even if you can't live with the present situation with something that at least resembles class/grace.

I suppose it may be possible he is trying, or that people of faith are leading him in a right direction for our country, something that can legitimately be done even if Trumps past is less than stellar....wait a sec, all our pasts are "less than stellar" at some point, right? But even so, "He's not good enough" works just fine, right? The adulteress woman scripture comes to mind here.

Do you people ever stop doing this to yourselves? Seriously, do some of you think you can somehow actually save face at this late date with continued grasping at straws and attempts to twist whatever the case my be into a worse case scenario? Sorry, you sent that ship sailing a long time ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Franklin Graham... speaking of the Christians who once condemned Bill Clinton for his adultery and womanizing, but who now fawns over another adulterer and womanizer with an R beside his name.

Can you offer the slightest bit of evidence he is, at present, an adulterer as you claim?

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Trump supporters...

I think the fact that all these evangelicals devoutly support Trump like this clearly demonstrates that Christians aren't immune to the temptations of political power. I think it undeniably proves that even Christians can be ensnared when they're given preferential treatment and promises of political power and influence. All of this devoted and unwavering support of Trump validates the accusations against his voting base, such as compromising one's moral convictions and abandoning Christian principles.

And it seems there has been a new stipulation added to the Seventh Commandment of "You shall not commit adultery" since Trump was elected as well. Apparently there's now a Statute of Limitations on the sin of adultery and it's apparently a much graver sin against God if a man commits adultery in his office (the Oval Office with an intern) than if he commits adultery in his bedroom or in a hotel room (with a inappropriate content star). It no longer seems to be an important issue of Christian morality and biblical family values if a man is twice divorced, thrice married to his former mistress, and fathered five children with three different women. But I'm confident it would still be an issue if that man was still a Democrat.

On a side note, I'm quoting this member because I think he was spot on with his questions: "Do you have a chart listing when acts of adultery are judged to be okay after a certain length of time, or if people are just automatically declared "sin free" of any sin committed before becoming President but any sin committed while President is still a sin? Of course, his questions were not answered.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
Mark Galli, the editor-in-chief of Christianity Today who called for President Donald Trump’s removal from office in a scathing Op-Ed last month, is retiring on Friday.

In his opinion piece, Galli wrote, “The impeachment hearings have illuminated the president’s moral deficiencies for all to see." I say, how is the president's moral compass since becoming a believer?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
Franklin Graham tweeted late last month, “I hadn’t shared who my father @BillyGraham voted for in 2016, but because of @CTMagazine’s article, I felt it necessary to share now. My father knew @realDonaldTrump, believed in him & voted for him. He believed Donald J. Trump was the man for this hour in history for our nation.”

Upvote 0