Welsh and German blood, English heart
Apr 5, 2004
London, UK, Europe, The World
✟11,381.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't speak from experience about such sites, but some Christians have great difficulty meeting the right person and therefore, use such sites to find a potential partner - If people find true love on such sites, what's so bad about that? Isn't that whole point?

Upvote 0

london boy

Welsh and German blood, English heart
Apr 5, 2004
London, UK, Europe, The World
✟11,381.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think that searching for what we want is wrong - of course only God knows who's right for us. There are so many people out there who could be right for us. Once we meet that person, we will receive God's blessing to marry them if that's His will for our life. How we meet them doesn't matter so much. God brings people together in many ways, just like He brings people to faith in many ways :)

Upvote 0

findinghope06

Child of the Risen Lord
May 17, 2005
✟16,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
london boy said:
I don't think that searching for what we want is wrong - of course only God knows who's right for us. There are so many people out there who could be right for us. Once we meet that person, we will receive God's blessing to marry them if that's His will for our life. How we meet them doesn't matter so much. God brings people together in many ways, just like He brings people to faith in many ways :)

Amen! i completely agree!

Upvote 0

Heiroglyph

Jan 6, 2005
✟7,492.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry but I have to disagree autumnleaf. How do you know what kind of person you like if you have no experience with any of them? You should go out on some dates so that you feel a little comfortable doing it. I hate it when you ask someone to go on a date and they take it like " will you marry me" and say no. Going on a date is relatively harmless and could be fun.

Upvote 0
T

Teresascott

I wish I could know for sure that if I was to go on a christian chatline that i would be safe. I really wish that i had a boyfriend. But some people seem to be getting it wrong that they think i am not putting God first or that I should rely on God. I know i am supposed to rely and trust in God that he will get me a good guy if it's his will but for some reason it doesn't take away the feeling of needing or wanting one I would like that physical affection like a hug. But a hug from a guy seems to be so different cause you feel secured and protected. Can someone please give me some supporting advise or advice on what I should do and what i should do to keep myself safe? thanx all in advance!

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟381,389.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Teresascott said:
Can someone please give me some supporting advise or advice on what I should do and what i should do to keep myself safe?
Just realize that the "21 year old Christian guy" you're talking to may wind up to be this guy.

attachment.php

There are stalkers who go to church and Christian chatrooms in search of pootang. Sad but true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

winglovesall

Apr 26, 2005
✟18,968.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes - me too -- same agreement -- but you know, sometimes he/she may not be a Christian but he/she has joined into the Christian Dating Room and chat to you --

I don't completely agree with it -- but it's good to have a few friends that you can trust though and you have to look inside their personality and what they say.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Croc said:
Sorry but I have to disagree autumnleaf. How do you know what kind of person you like if you have no experience with any of them? You should go out on some dates so that you feel a little comfortable doing it. I hate it when you ask someone to go on a date and they take it like " will you marry me" and say no. Going on a date is relatively harmless and could be fun.

'Easy':kiss: dates? Thimk about it. You're right though its good to go on dates. You just have to go on dates with the right people.

Upvote 0

renaistre

The mountains are calling...
Jan 15, 2004
Santa Clarita, CA
Visit site
✟2,067.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm neutral. I think it really all depends on the individuals using them. I wouldn't really feel comfortable with using one myself at this point, but I also know a great Christian couple that got married last year after meeting on eHarmony.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hockeysistah12

Jun 19, 2004
Bellflower,Ca
Visit site
✟15,733.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
RefinedByFire said:
Isn't e-harmony a supposed Chrisian dating sight? I know they don't say that explicitly though.

It used to be until Warren advertised on secular channels. Then he let other religions in there which I have a problem with.

And then I stopped going to Christian chat rooms all together because there are a lot of people who do not have it--and that mean many have mental or problems of commitment or people who are not all there. Now many of you would say that the church has those people also, however, it is worse online because people can play games and at my age,(46) I'm not up to playing them.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟570,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
winglovesall said:
Yes - me too -- same agreement -- but you know, sometimes he/she may not be a Christian but he/she has joined into the Christian Dating Room and chat to you --

I don't completely agree with it -- but it's good to have a few friends that you can trust though and you have to look inside their personality and what they say.

He or she may not be a Christian and only has indeed joined into the Dating room only to chat. It is important to look inside of their hearts, character, and personality and what they say!

Upvote 0