Christian Dating Question

Is there a limit to Christian dating intimacy?

• Yes

• Depends

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Can anyone show me anywhere in the Bible were people dated. Or can anyone show me anywhere that two people who were not married, were intimate and kissing one another?

People are so mixed up and confused in this country, they do not know right from wrong anymore. We need to live in the spirit and not in the flesh. If we want to go to Heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

marmaladePRO

Dec 17, 2001
Medicine Hat Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
"and if you said that there is a limit, boy, are you missing out!"
buzz, i could very comfortably counter that assumption with: *if you say there is no limit, boy have you missed out!* ;)
i heard it stated once as "wait to date your mate"! very sound very pure logic! IMHO

Upvote 0
Is there a limit to Christian dating intimacy?

Depends, why? Intimacy does not necessarily infer sex and groping which is what many assume. As a matter of fact, The American Heritage College Dictionary does not refer to sex until the sixth meaning of the definition. Thus it depends on the definition of intimacy one wishes to refer to.

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Good rule for Christians before marriage:

Don't do anything you wouldn't do in front of your mother.

:)

Physical intimacy is easy, and very often shallow. Spiritual and emotional intimacy takes more time, care, and attention, and in the long run is infinitely more rewarding.

Upvote 0

marmaladePRO

Dec 17, 2001
Medicine Hat Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
good point berol "Intimacy does not necessarily infer sex and groping" and in that respect, i resound my point made earlier "wait to date you're mate"!!! :)
this is a matter of Gods' word and our faith that he wants what is best for us, or maybe i should put it this way: it is a matter of God's word and *my* faith that he wants what is best for *me*, (done so as not to infere i expect you to live exactly as i have ;) )
Buzz, have you given your life to Christ Jesus, asked him into your heart and enjoyed the joy of the spirit as fruit of your relationship with the creator? i don't ask to pin you one way or the other, i only ask because what the bible (as God's word) states regarding this is very true and powerful to me, whereas it may seem silly to someone who does not believe. i remember when i originally made the decision to *wait* that i was ridiculed by most and actually applauded by folks i would never have expected to respect my decision with Christ. but i digress ;)
paul said that if a man can not *contain* then he should marry...
*i remember having this converstion before*
Flee fornication. every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that coimmitteth fornication sinneth against his own body... Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his won wife, and let evry woman have her own husband...
The act of making love (if that is what you are eluding to) is beyond physical, it is also deeply sprititual, and to cheapen it is a loss that one might never regain, or undestand as freely.
it strikes me as selfishness, when a man (or woman i guess) wants physical pleasure in the name of bringing "us closer"... and sadly, i believe that more and more people are dealing with the guilt and reprocussions of this single decission years and years after the act :( it hardly seems worth it in retrospect... which is why the ability to contain oneself is so important...
how old are you BB?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SenseiPiccolo

Apr 6, 2002
✟3,236.00
Originally posted by ZooMom
Good rule for Christians before marriage:
Don't do anything you wouldn't do in front of your mother.
:)
Physical intimacy is easy, and very often shallow. Spiritual and emotional intimacy takes more time, care, and attention, and in the long run is infinitely more rewarding.

AMEN to that!!!!!

Also ask yourself this question...
would you want your children to do what you are doing-- or have done in the past.

^_^

Upvote 0
"indeed there is a limit
kissing-- ok (no tongue)
holding hands-- ok
snuggling-- ok
Thats as far as it should GO"

I totally agree with your standard here. it frustrates me because many of my friends have justified doing various physical things because they are quote, "in love". it's a pathetic excuse to act on your lust and i don't know what people expect they'll have to look forward to in marriage if they've done it all beforehand. you know?
-kelley

Upvote 0

.axsmedia.

..Papa Roach..
Feb 17, 2002
Troy, MI
✟7,789.00
Originally posted by kelly20
"indeed there is a limit
kissing-- ok (no tongue)
holding hands-- ok
snuggling-- ok
Thats as far as it should GO"

I totally agree with your standard here. it frustrates me because many of my friends have justified doing various physical things because they are quote, "in love". it's a pathetic excuse to act on your lust and i don't know what people expect they'll have to look forward to in marriage if they've done it all beforehand. you know?
-kelley

Well it depends on how old you are. And physical things = mucho pleasure. Just something I thought you'd want to know ;)

Upvote 0
Originally posted by .axsmedia.

Well it depends on how old you are. And physical things = mucho pleasure. Just something I thought you'd want to know ;)

it depends on your own personal convictions. it might be okay for you to engage in physical things and not feel tempted to do anything further that to you would be sinful. but someone else might not be able to do much physically without being tempted to do something further that to them would be sinful. so just because you're older doesn't mean you're wiser. and just because it feels good doesn't mean it's right.

Upvote 0