NY
✟7,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Greetings to my brothers and sisters in Christ :) I was not as lucky as the ones born into a Christian environment, getting baptized Roman Catholic in 2007.

I guess the Message was different for me. Just happy I found it which led me to Him and here.

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you. I like the lightbulb as your avatar. Perhaps I can eventually shed some light as well.

Thanks! Its based off of this scripture about believers needing to be the "salt and light" of the world.:)

Matthew 5:13-16
"You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet.
14 "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.
15 Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house.
16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,733.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Welcome :wave:

Have you discovered the Catholic Board yet - OBOB One Bread, One Body - Catholic
:D

Each main group here has their own Board - a safe haven for them where, though folk can come and post in fellowship [ and believe me they do :D ], they cannot go against the teachings of that Church/Denomination.

Hope you enjoy and profit from your time here

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Greetings to my brothers and sisters in Christ :) I was not as lucky as the ones born into a Christian environment, getting baptized Roman Catholic in 2007.

I guess the Message was different for me. Just happy I found it which led me to Him and here.
Welcome to Christian Forums, LovedinNY.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I had meant to tell you how lovely that stained glass window is. I assume St. Patrick is your patron saint? Mine is St. Francis of Assissi for his devotion to and my love of animals.
Thanks but no he isn’t my patron saint. I just switched to this avatar for St Patrick’s Day and coincidentally my previous avatar was St Francis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lovedinNY

Mar 17, 2018
NY
✟7,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Welcome :wave:

Have you discovered the Catholic Board yet - OBOB One Bread, One Body - Catholic
:D

Each main group here has their own Board - a safe haven for them where, though folk can come and post in fellowship [ and believe me they do :D ], they cannot go against the teachings of that Church/Denomination.

Hope you enjoy and profit from your time here
No, I was not aware of it, so thank you! I am already profiting in spirit from such friendly members :)

Upvote 0