undisclosed Bunker
✟289,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There are a few times I wrote something down and it came to pass.
There was an Japanese anime series called 'deathnote'. If you wrote someone's name in the book, and how they died, it would happen.
One day, there were some things and people who were bothering me.
I took a notebook and wrote 'lifenote' at the top of it.
I gave them happy outcomes. In one case, far from me. ;)
That one, in particular, came to pass and in rather short order.

I do feel like there is *something* to writing things down, but I usually use it for journaling the events of the day or for self-reflection. It helps preserve what is really going on and to look at things honestly. Stuff is somehow 'fuzzy' in the head, and more real when it is in black and white in front of you on paper.

My own opinion is that God likes it when we write things down. We are the children of an Author, after all.

I like writing prayers down, those can be powerful and it's probably a very appropriate use.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey is there any christians who do scripting to God about there life. Does any of you tryed something like this and how do you script write letters to God ?

The Law of Attraction is unbiblical and actually has its roots in the occult. You should steer well clear of it.

God calls the shots when it comes to how our lives should go. Or, He should. We have neither the wisdom, nor the power, nor the right to dictate to God how our lives should be. Really, it is the height of hubris to dictate to God anything about the course or character of your life.

Upvote 0

Canada90

Aug 21, 2018
Vilnius
✟14,387.00
Country
Lithuania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Law of Attraction is unbiblical and actually has its roots in the occult. You should steer well clear of it.

God calls the shots when it comes to how our lives should go. Or, He should. We have neither the wisdom, nor the power, nor the right to dictate to God how our lives should be. Really, it is the height of hubris to dictate to God anything about the course or character of your life.
I meet many christian who say they practice law of attraction even on this forum I remember I posted do people believe in Law of attraction here and I though everyone will be against it,but it was opposite. I was almost attacked here not to believe it. So i am a bit confused some christian think one way other other way. I know It does work when you seek God and ask him and sometimes things come true what you asked.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I meet many christian who say they practice law of attraction even on this forum I remember I posted do people believe in Law of attraction here and I though everyone will be against it,but it was opposite.

Well, that so-called Christians practice the Law of Attraction just shows how ignorant some of these "Christians" are about their own faith. It is a popular "law" among New Age spiritualists, and has been espoused by those with distinctly occult connections (Helena Blavatsky). It runs directly contrary to Christian teaching, placing fundamental control over one's life in one's own hands. A person has only to think properly, to think positively, and that person may bring to himself anything he desires. The Bible, though, tells us that every person who lives apart from God, is bound under the power of the devil, the world, and the sinful impulses of their own flesh (Ephesians 2:1-3). They have been taken captive by the devil at his will (2 Timothy 2:26) and cannot be freed from their bondage to him except by coming into relationship with God through Christ. (Colossians 1:13) No where does the Bible ever promote the Law of Attraction but instead directs the believer to God in pursuit of those things they need. God wants us to be dependent upon Him, not upon some occult, mystical "law."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Canada90

Aug 21, 2018
Vilnius
✟14,387.00
Country
Lithuania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, that so-called Christians practice the Law of Attraction just shows how ignorant some of these "Christians" are about their own faith. It is a popular "law" among New Age spiritualists, and has been espoused by those with distinctly occult connections (Helena Blavatsky). It runs directly contrary to Christian teaching, placing fundamental control over one's life in one's own hands. A person has only to think properly, to think positively, and that person may bring to himself anything he desires. The Bible, though, tells us that every person who lives apart from God, is bound under the power of the devil, the world, and the sinful impulses of their own flesh (Ephesians 2:1-3). They have been taken captive by the devil at his will (2 Timothy 2:26) and cannot be freed from their bondage to him except by coming into relationship with God through Christ. (Colossians 1:13) No where does the Bible ever promote the Law of Attraction but instead directs the believer to God in pursuit of those things they need. God wants us to be depend upon Him, not upon some occult, mystical "law."

But how about if a christian seeks God and has personal relationship with Jesus and ask some help or something to come true. Like for relationship or something? Because I asked God many times and it came true many times even things that seemed unbelievable. Where is the line,between LOA and asking God?

Upvote 0

John Bowen

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Book of Genesis God created man to take dominion of the Earth . Dominion is to take charge of so we are in control of our lives free will is God's law .Also his other law what you send out you will come back to you ." .What you sow is what you reap " thats even backed up by science Newton's law of action reaction cause and effect .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
But how about if a christian seeks God and has personal relationship with Jesus and ask some help or something to come true. Like for relationship or something? Because I asked God many times and it came true many times even things that seemed unbelievable. Where is the line,between LOA and asking God?

Seeking God for what you want and need is fundamentally different than seeking an impersonal "law of the universe." When we seek God for His provision, we are acknowledging His power to provide and are placing ourselves under His care, we are acting in faith toward God as He has commanded us to do. In contrast, when we believe the power to obtain what we want or need is merely a matter of manipulating an impersonal "law" by the force of our own mental effort, we have placed ourselves in God's role as provider and think we can fulfill our wants and needs independently of Him. The Law of Attraction, then, leads one away from God; it appeals to one's sense of personal power; it fosters an independence from God and diminishes His importance in one's daily living. This is certainly the way Satan would like all of us to go. And I suspect he is responsible for counterfeiting God's supply when people dabble with the Law of Attraction. His ultimate aim, though, is not to benefit but to destroy. There is no surer way to do this than to make a person believe they are the captain of their own fate and have the power to obtain all they wish entirely apart from God.

Matthew 16:26
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Upvote 0

Jayla07

Oct 25, 2019
Tampa
✟7,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
The Law of attraction is very dangerous and can be demonic IF Christ is not your source. We are created in the likeness of our father and just like a child. We have access to all of what he has to offer. Including the ability to petition to him for what we need and want. And to believe and stand on his promise that if it is in his will we will we receive it. Even when we pray we are suppose to believe it is already done. To be grateful for it as though we already have received it. When you get wrapped up by the "universe" being the source. You are relying on a spirit world that is not of God. He is the I AM and because i belong to him so am I. He was graceful enough to create me in his image. We a kings kids. We a able to do all things thru Christ!
The bible states;
For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. “Eat and drink!” he says to you, But his heart is not with you.
Proverbs 23:7 NKJV
Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
John 15:4 NKJV
Then Eli answered and said, “Go in peace, and the God of Israel grant your petition which you have asked of Him.”
I Samuel 1:17 NKJV
If you are aligned with the word of God. He wants great things for us. AMEN!!!!

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I meet many christian who say they practice law of attraction even on this forum I remember I posted do people believe in Law of attraction here and I though everyone will be against it,but it was opposite. I was almost attacked here not to believe it. So i am a bit confused some christian think one way other other way. I know It does work when you seek God and ask him and sometimes things come true what you asked.

The problem with these things like the Law of Attraction is that it teaches people to not rely on the power of God but on our own strength. God then becomes our servant to do what we want if we embrace this philosophy. God said ask for what we want, not dictate and "speak into existence" what we want. All of this is New Age Philosophy and it will eventually lead to a christian's demise.

• Winner
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0