Christ Will Rule The Earth For 1,00 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Freshoil

The battle is over.The armed hordes of the earth have been defeated.Just when all seemed lost,Jesus Christ appeared in glory,leading His armies to earth.Before the day ended,the battle of Armageddon had been won by Him.But the earth is in ruins.Death and destruction lie everywhere.What will happen?

Rather than returning to His Father in heaven,Jesus Christ will erect His throne in Jerusalem,establish it as His capital city,reinstate the Jews as His people,and rule over the entire earth in a 1,000 year reign of peace,prosperity,and righteousness,which we call the millennium (Rev.20:4-6).

The Old Testament prophecies are filled with details about the new government Christ will establish when He returns.Here is what it will be like when the Lord Jesus rules the word:

1.CHRIST WILL BE KING.
THE BRANCH of DAVID will rule (Jer.23:5).
Christ will fulfill His prophesied rule (LK.1:32-33).
The believers of the church age will reign with Christ (Rev.20:4,6).

2.ISRAEL WILL BE PROMINENT.
Israel will be the favored nation (Isa.2:1-3).
Jerusalem will be the capital city (Isa.60:10-14).
David's throne will be reestablished (LK.1:32

3.CHRIST'S RULE WILL REFLECT HIS CHARACTER.
Justice for everyone (Isa.2:4).
All will prosper (Mic.4:4).
He will reign in righteousness (Jer.23:5).
The earth will be at peace (Zech.8:4-5).
People will be safe (Jer.23:5-6).

4.THE NATURAL WORLD WILL BE TRANSFORMED.
Climate will be ideal (Isa.30:23-26).
Wild animals will be tame (Isa.11:6-8).
Fishing will be great (Ezek.47:9-10).
People will have good health (Isa.35:5-6).
Life will be lengthened (Isa.65:19-20,22).
Trees will provide foor and medicine (Ezek.47:12).

5.GOD WILL BE WORSHIPED.
His name will be known throughout the world (Mal.1:11).
The temple at Jerusalem will be the center of worship (Ezk.40-48).
Representatives will come from everywhere (Zech.14:16).
All mankind will come (Isa.66:23).
The Jews will lead in worship (Isa.60:10-14).

When Christ rules in the millennial kingdom,His love,justice,mercy,righteousness,and peace will be found throughout the earth.Since people reflect their ruler,the people of the kingdom will reflect the characteristics of their King.During this golden age,the earth will be what God intended it to be.

GOD BLESS

I

In Christ Forever

Stay Lord Jesus Don't leave!:amen:

2 corin 6:16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them And walk among [them.] I will be their God, And they shall be My people." 17 Therefore "Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you." 18 "I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the LORD Almighty."

Upvote 0

DancingWall

Sep 16, 2004
✟406.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Zech. 14:16
And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

I guess this scripture lets us know some of what will be goin on during the 1000 yr period of rest. I do know fore sure that this has not yet taken place. Uhh..Even spiritualy.

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
There is no non-symbolic writings in the bible anywhwere that says Christ will reign for 1000 years on earth . .

There is only one passage in the bible that says anything about this . . it is in Revelation, a highly symbolic book . . it is the subject of speculation . .

The only other pasage that speaks of a 1000 years period in the bible is the also highly symbolic and cryptic verse . .a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like a day to the Lord . .. BOTH ARE LIkE the other to the Lord!

So, that thousand year period can be only a day . . There is nothing to support that it is a literal 1000 years . . .

Using the forumla above, if a day equals 1000 years, there would be 365,000 years in each year of the "1000 years" so it could be 1000 x 365,000 years . . or 365,000,000 years all total !!!

And look at the verse again . . it says NOTHING About Christ ruling ON EARTH .. .
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

It says nothing about where this will happen . . .

No one can say with any solid evidence that Jesus is going to reign on earth for 1000 years . . no one ..

Peace to all!

Upvote 0

Barraco

Jun 24, 2004
Minot, ND
Visit site
✟24,408.00
Faith
Christian
thereselittleflower said:
There is no non-symbolic writings in the bible anywhwere that says Christ will reign for 1000 years on earth . .

There is only one passage in the bible that says anything about this . . it is in Revelation, a highly symbolic book . . it is the subject of speculation . .

The only other pasage that speaks of a 1000 years period in the bible is the alos highly symbolic and cryptic verse . .a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like a day to the Lord . .. BOTH ARE LIkE the other to the Lord!

No one can say with any solid evidence that Jesus is going to reign on earth for 1000 years . . no one ..

Peace to all!
Why is it so hard to believe?
People believe in a rapture, yet there is more proof of an earthly reign of Jesus than there is of a secret rapture of the Church before the antichrist comes. I believe its more about faith and being guided by the Holy Spirit through the Scriptures rather than being guided by speculation. God Bless.

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Barraco said:
Why is it so hard to believe?
People believe in a rapture, yet there is more proof of an earthly reign of Jesus than there is of a secret rapture of the Church before the antichrist comes. I believe its more about faith and being guided by the Holy Spirit through the Scriptures rather than being guided by speculation. God Bless.
Peopel believe many things, that doesn't make them true . . (I added to my post by the way to make what I was saying a little clearer)

There is no proof of a sceret rapture before the anti-Christ comes either . .

That would necessitate 3 comings of Christ . .

Once in Bethlehem . .

Once in the air in "secret" to whisk believers home with Him . .

Once visible to all

That's 3 comings . . but only TWO are prophesied of . .

So, there is no proof for a "secret" rapture . . and there is no foundation for a secret rapture (I used to believe all this until I stated finding that I couldn't provide solid proof for it and no one else could either) . ..

There is no proof of an earthly reign of Christ . .

There is no proof of a literal 1000 years millenium . .

I am speaking about SOLID PROOF ... .and an extensive belief system such as dispensationalism needs to be founded on SOLID PROOF rather than speculation as to what symbolic and obscure verses in the bible mean . .

When you speak about being guided by the Holy Spirit, can you say that you can interpret the bible infallibly or hear and understand the Holy Spirit infallibly?

If you can't, then how do you know what you believe is indeed true and accurate?

Peace to all!

Upvote 0

Barraco

Jun 24, 2004
Minot, ND
Visit site
✟24,408.00
Faith
Christian
thereselittleflower said:
Peopel believe many things, that doesn't make them true . . (I added to my post by the way to make what I was saying a little clearer)

There is no proof of a sceret rapture before the anti-Christ comes either . .

That would necessitate 3 comings of Christ . .

Once in Bethlehem . .

Once in the air in "secret" to whisk believers home with Him . .

Once visible to all

That's 3 comings . . but only TWO are prophesied of . .

So, there is no proof for a "secret" rapture . . and there is no foundation for a secret rapture (I used to believe all this until I stated finding that I couldn't provide solid proof for it and no one else could either) . ..

There is no proof of an earthly reign of Christ . .

There is no proof of a literal 1000 years millenium . .

I am speaking about SOLID PROOF ... .and an extensive belief system such as dispensationalism needs to be founded on SOLID PROOF rather than speculation as to what symbolic and obscure verses in the bible mean . .

When you speak about being guided by the Holy Spirit, can you say that you can interpret the bible infallibly or hear and understand the Holy Spirit infallibly?

If you can't, then how do you know what you believe is indeed true and accurate?

Peace to all!
Well, said, but I do not mean to offend, if thats how you took it.

How do you know if you've sinned without ever seeing it in the Bible. The Holy Spirit convicts you. Sometimes it comes as a conscious thought, sometimes you read it, sometimes people tell you, but believe that it is the Holy Spirit convicting you. Because how do we know that all of this wasn't made up? Its by faith and trust in the LORD. The Holy Spirit convicts of the truth. Trust in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

I do commend you on your observations and critism, it means you desire the truth. God Bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

@@Paul@@

The Key that Fits:Acts 28
Mar 24, 2004
Seattle
✟11,081.00
Faith
Baptist
DancingWall said:
Zech. 14:16
And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

I guess this scripture lets us know some of what will be goin on during the 1000 yr period of rest. I do know fore sure that this has not yet taken place. Uhh..Even spiritualy.
Near the end (it's already begun), there will be nations which go up to make war with Israel AND nations which stand by her side...

That prophesy is refering to those nations which are left after the battle of Armageddon. The nations which go to make war with Jerusalem are destroyed...
Rev 16:13-16 KJV And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. (14) For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. (15) Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. (16) And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Zec 14:12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.​
The rest will enter into the millennium.

(It's future yet) :)

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

There appears to be many Day of the Lords in the OT. Mostly against Jerusalem[especially Ezekiel].
Zecharia's prophecy is about like Daniel's, unless you know what the bible is presenting, it can be interpreted many ways. First God talks about a physical Jerusalem being Sacked. Then one being Raised up [the Jerusalem above as Paul said]. So there appears to be 2 types of Jerusalem's mentioned. And just like most prophets, it has to be interpreted correctly the way God intended and even I have difficulty with the wording of it.
Egypt alone is mentioned. Anyone care to comment why that specific "country" is mentioned:scratch:

zech 14:Zechariah 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD is coming, And your spoil will be divided in your midst. 2 For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; The city shall be taken, The houses rifled, And the women ravished. Half of the city shall go into captivity, But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
10 All the land shall be turned into a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be raised up and inhabited in her place from Benjamin's Gate to the place of the First Gate and the Corner Gate, and [from] the Tower of Hananeel to the king's winepresses. 11 [The people] shall dwell in it[elect of Christ?]; And no longer shall there be utter destruction, But Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited. 12 And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem[?]: Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they [shall have] no [rain;] they shall receive the plague with which the LORD strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

Ezekiel 7:1 Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 2 "And you, son of man, thus says the Lord GOD to the land of Israel: 'An end! The end has come upon the four corners of the land. 3 Now the end [has come] upon you, And I will send My anger against you; I will judge you according to your ways, And I will repay you for all your abominations. 4 My eye will not spare you, Nor will I have pity; But I will repay your ways, And your abominations will be in your midst; Then you shall know that I [am] the LORD!' 5 " Thus says the Lord GOD: 'A disaster, a singular disaster; Behold, it has come! 10 ' Behold, the day! Behold, it has come! Doom has gone out; The rod has blossomed, Pride has budded. 11 Violence has risen up into a rod of wickedness; None of them [shall remain,] None of their multitude, None of them; Nor [shall there be] wailing for them. 12 The time has come, The day draws near. 'Let not the buyer rejoice, Nor the seller mourn, For wrath [is] on their whole multitude.

Joel 1:1 The word of the LORD that came to Joel the son of Pethuel. 2 Hear this, you elders, And give ear, all you inhabitants of the land! Has [anything like] this happened in your days, Or even in the days of your fathers? 3 Tell your children about it, [Let] your children [tell] their children, And their children another generation. 15 Alas for the day! For the day of the LORD [is] at hand; It shall come as destruction from the Almighty. 16 Is not the food cut off before our eyes, Joy and gladness from the house of our God? 12 The vine has dried up, And the fig tree has withered; The pomegranate tree, The palm tree also, And the apple tree -- All the trees of the field are withered; Surely joy has withered away from the sons of men. 13 Gird yourselves and lament, you priests; Wail, you who minister before the altar; Come, lie all night in sackcloth, You who minister to my God; For the grain offering and the drink offering Are withheld from the house of your God.

Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion, And sound an alarm in My holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble; For the day of the LORD is coming, For it is at hand: 2 A day of darkness and gloominess, A day of clouds and thick darkness, Like the morning [clouds] spread over the mountains. A people [come,] great and strong, The like of whom has never been; Nor will there ever be any [such] after them, Even for many successive generations. 3 A fire devours before them, And behind them a flame burns; The land [is] like the Garden of Eden before them, And behind them a desolate wilderness; Surely nothing shall escape them. 15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, Consecrate a fast, Call a sacred assembly; 16 Gather the people, Sanctify the congregation, Assemble the elders, Gather the children and nursing babes;Let the bridegroom go out from his chamber, And the bride from her dressing room. 17Let the priests, who minister to the LORD, Weep between the porch and the altar; Let them say, "Spare Your people, O LORD, And do not give Your heritage to reproach, That the nations should rule over them. Why should they say among the peoples, 'Where [is] their God?' "

Upvote 0

DancingWall

Sep 16, 2004
✟406.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Paul
Yeah. And you really dont need to interpret that scripture. It simply says what it says. Last night i went in search of scriptures that tell us the Kingdom will be here on earth. Wow! I dont see how a "religion" could grab hold of a doctrine that says the kingdom will be elsewhere. There were tons of them. How do they get so many followers when the Word directly goes against their teachings?

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Dancing wall,

Youre right,theres is nothing in the scriptures that point to a rapture but their are plenty that say the Kingdom will be here on earth.
Would you be able to give your reasons for seeing these verses as being proof of the kingdom being on earth as you list them? I would be very interested in hearing your reasoning.

Thanks

Justme

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DancingWall

Sep 16, 2004
✟406.00
Faith
Non-Denom
EXODUS 32 [13] Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, AND ALL THIS LAND that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and THEY SHALL INHERIT IT FOR EVER.

Theres the promise in the beginning of the good book.

REV. 5 [9] And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; [10] And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: AND WE SHALL REIGN ON THE EARTH.

Theres the fulfillment of that promise found at the end of the good book

PSALM 37 [5] Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. [6] And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday. [7] Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of THE MAN WHO BRINGETH WICKED DEVICES TO PASS. [8] Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil. [9] For EVILDOERS SHALL BE CUT OFF: but THOSE THAT WAIT UPON THE LORD, THEY SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH. [10] For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. [11] BUT THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace. [12] The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth. [13] THE LORD SHALL LAUGH AT HIM: FOR HE SEETH THAT HIS DAY IS COMING.

Just as Paul noted from another scripture, after the wicked are cut off, then all who are left will inherit the Kingdom right here on this earth. The land God PROMISED to give to His people. God does not break His promises. Yeah, verse 13, The Day of the Lord is coming.

PSALM 37 [29] The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.
PSALM 37 [34] Wait on the Lord, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.

Romans 9 [3] For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: [4] Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; [5] Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen. [6] Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Upvote 0

DancingWall

Sep 16, 2004
✟406.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Just me
If the scripture itself says we will inherit the earth i simply believe that. Or if scripture says we will inherit the land promised, i believe the written Word. There are no "four beasts, flying eagles or locust wearing crowns" in these scriptures that we need to figure out the meanings.

Upvote 0

DancingWall

Sep 16, 2004
✟406.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Just ME
HEBREWS 8

Hebrews 8:10-11
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Do you think this covenant has arrived? Do ALL know the Lord? After what days?

Upvote 0

DancingWall

Sep 16, 2004
✟406.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Luke 17:20-24
And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: [21] Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. [22] And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it. [23] And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them. [24] For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

Yea, the kingdom of God is within you. Its within all of us if we repent of sin and obey the Word. And to enter that literal Kingdom we must "walk" as though Gods laws were written on our heart and one day they will be. You will not see the Kingdom before its time but many will say here it is or there it is. Dont follow them. You will be brought to the Kingdom in the twinkling of an eye.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.