Christ like attributes and politicians ?

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Wrong, the media does not want you to know them.
Rick Santorum in tonight's debate accused Ron Paul of being a liar and associated him with George Soros tactics ... neither was denied by Ron Paul.

Considering that Ron Paul has been attacking Santorum recently, the lack of denial seemed especially interesting.

Revelation 22:14-17
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
I have a problem with deliberate lies, especially from politicians claiming to espouse the truth.

It appears that Rick Santorum spoke truthfully about CREW, which was the basis for Ron Paul's attacks on Santorum. Even liberal media outlets call CREW a far-left attack group which targets Republicans almost exclusively: Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that describes itself as "dedicated to promoting ethics and accountability in government and public life by targeting government officials – regardless of party affiliation – who sacrifice the common good to special interests."[1] One of its most visible projects is "CREW's Most Corrupt", an annual report of whom CREW determines are Washington's most corrupt politicians.

According to its website, CREW advances its mission by engaging in research, litigation and media outreach, utilizing litigation, Freedom of Information Act requests, Congressional ethics complaints, Internal Revenue Service complaints, Federal Election Commission complaints, and requests for investigation with government agencies.[1]

CREW has been described by major media organizations, including the Washington Post and New York Times, as a liberal watchdog group and by others as Democratic-leaning, left-leaning and progressive.
In 2010 Politico's Ben Smith described CREW's founding in 2003 as "one of a wave of new groups backed by liberal donors" and called CREW "a vehicle for assaults on largely – but not entirely – Republican targets".[13] In 2006 Congressional Quarterly reported, "Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington has taken aim almost exclusively at GOP members of Congress. Since its founding in 2003, it [helped] investigate 21 lawmakers, only one of them a Democrat"
Of course, what would one expect from an organization which Hillary Clinton helped establish. :doh:

Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
Rick Santorum in tonight's debate accused Ron Paul of being a liar and associated him with George Soros tactics ... neither was denied by Ron Paul.
The "liar" accusation is easy enough to see. Rick Santorum DOES have a record of corruption and lobbying, so Ron Paul obviously couldn't have been lying about that.
As for trying to associate Paul with George Soros, that's just idiotic talk trying to invoke the George Soros boogeyman.
I hope nobody fell for it.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
President Obama.
Matt 5: 11-12 said:
11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
tulc(will batten down the hatches to ride out the storm!) :D

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The "liar" accusation is easy enough to see. Rick Santorum DOES have a record of corruption and lobbying, so Ron Paul obviously couldn't have been lying about that.
As for trying to associate Paul with George Soros, that's just idiotic talk trying to invoke the George Soros boogeyman.
I hope nobody fell for it.

If you package it right someone WILL buy anything. I mean anything...

Attachments

• holidoo.jpg
    holidoo.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Name one major candidate that espouses and shows Christlike attributes shown in the beattitudes ?

Doesn't exist. And the more the Candidate pretends to be Christ-like and push their religious views on others, the more they stray away from Christ.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL

You asked about Christ-like, IIRC. None of the candidates is perfect. I'm kinda hoping someone will disprove some of this stuff on Ron Paul ... but I worry there's more than a grain of truth in it all.

I think ultimately people are too lazy to do the research on a candidate to find out the exact truth. Media is divisive and misleading and misrepresent what the candidates actually stand for. MOST everything Ron Paul has to say for HIMSELF I like, there are a few things I disagree with but overall he has the best ideas. It is better to see what the candidate has to say for themselves.

Upvote 0

disciple2011

Jun 5, 2011
✟16,489.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private

So because he shares an opinion about when life starts with other non-medically trained faith based people and because a video talks about how Ron Paul fulfilled his Hippocratic Oath as a physician he is a man that would be a faithful follower of Christ.

When I hear a man who is a father say I changed the baby's diaper like it was an accomplishment all I can say is do you want a cookie? You ARE SUPPOSED to do that. You are a father.

Your own King said clearly in Matthew that IF you do something to be seen before men you HAVE your reward. The praise of man.

No further reward will be granted to you in his Kingdom.

Ron Paul is a hypocrite.

He says he is not for foreign aggression, yet has tried to pass bills to allow letters of marque and reprisal. Which is covert aggression.

He says he is not for foreign entanglements. But would allow foreign banks to issue hard currency to US citizens.

He also says he will not make treaties limiting foreign trade, yet he himself asked for wild US shrimpers to get millions of dollars so they could compete with farmed Asian shrimp.

He says that earmarks raise the deficit without sound reason. But that Congress should spend that money, even though it raises the deficit.

Your King said that a good tree cannot bear bad fruit and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.

So what kind of tree bears good and bad fruit?

Upvote 0