Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Next to be noted is that the alter of intercession was located outside the Holy of Holies but is now located inside the Holy of Holies in Hebrews 9
The move from the priest's workplace to the dwelling of God moves the intercession of His prayers Romans 8:34 and our role as priestly intercessors also Ephesians 6:18 which God illuminates thru His Spirit

Hebrews 9:8
The Holy Spirit was showing by this that the way into the Most Holy Place had not yet been disclosed as long as the first tabernacle was still functioning

Hebrews 8:2
who ministers in the sanctuary and TRUE tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by man.

Altar of Incense (discernment is for intercession for His people)
tab_altar_incense-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Josephus 3
147] Now between this candlestick and the table, which, as we said, were within the sanctuary, was the altar of incense, made of wood indeed, but of the same wood of which the foregoing vessels were made, such as was not liable to corruption; it was entirely crusted over with a golden plate. Its breadth on each side was a cubit, but the altitude double. Upon it was a grate of gold, that was extant above the altar, which had a golden crown encompassing it round about, whereto belonged rings and bars, by which the priests carried it when they journeyed. Before this tabernacle there was reared a brazen altar, but it was within made of wood, five cubits by measure on each side, but its height was but three, in like manner adorned with brass plates as bright as gold. It had also a brazen hearth of network; for the ground underneath received the fire from the hearth, because it had no basis to receive it. Hard by this altar lay the basins, and the vials, and the censers, and the caldrons, made of gold; but the other vessels, made for the use of the sacrifices, were all of brass. And such was the construction of the tabernacle; and these were the vessels thereto belonging.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 2:11 Both Jesus who sanctifies and those who are sanctified [that is, spiritually transformed, made holy, and set apart for God’s purpose] are all from one Father; for this reason He is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters,
Hebrews 3:1
Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, set your focus on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess.

Hebrews 9:14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

Hebrews 10:22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 9:28, Isaiah 53:12
First we see that the strong are those who are waiting for Him.

Of faith are those waiting for a better city according to the 11th chapter.
Hebrews 11:16, Psalms 48:1-3

That have their eyes fixed on Jesus
Hebrews 12:2, Psalms 110:1

In need of strengthening our weak arms and feeble knees
Hebrews 12:12, Isaiah 35:3

So as not to fall short or grow bitter roots
Hebrews 12:15, Deuteronomy 29:18

TBC
This speaks most to me about where we are, in Him and Him in us. We need that strengthening spoken of as much as they did in times past but with the Holy Spirit bring us to the throne of grace, recieving the cleansed conscience to help us , refreshed daily.

Hebrews 9:14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself unblemished to God, purify our consciences from works of death, so that we may serve the living God!

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And so ... the entrance into the Holiest sanctuary had been inaugurated.
Hebrews 10:19-20
And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven’s Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus. By his death, Jesus opened a new and life-giving way through the curtain ((that is His flesh )) into the Most Holy Place.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 9:13-14 the blood of the new and better covenant is greater than any animal sacrifice could be.
That means that greater submission to the Father's discipline is needed than one who rejects the law of Moses Hebrews 12:9
Jesus's commands from heaven are greatest

Hebrews 13:5-6
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
“Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.”
So we say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?”

Psalms 118:6-7 The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?
7 The Lord is with me; he is my helper.
I look in triumph on my enemies.
Deuteronomy 31:6,8
6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

This should give us great consolation knowing our Great High Priest Jesus will never leave nor forsake us.

See to it that you do not refuse him who speaks. If they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, how much less will we, if we turn away from him who warns us from heaven?

sounds like a note to Nicodemus :)

Read full chapter

Hebrews 4:16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
From the first posts we can see how Christ has fulfilled the OC law by being our door/gate, sacrifice, intercessor etc and how that now brings us to the heavenly church of the firstfruits:

Hebrews 12:1-3
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Hebrews 12:22-24
22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
“Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.”
So we say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?”

Psalms 118:6-7 The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?
7 The Lord is with me; he is my helper.
I look in triumph on my enemies.
Deuteronomy 31:6,8
6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

This should give us great consolation knowing our Great High Priest Jesus will never leave nor forsake us.

Sometimes I think we look at these scriptures merely from a point of danger, but to me they have taken on more significance over the years, the experiences so painful, that I would be disingenuous if I said they had been fully worked out in my life even today.

It is said of Jesus, that He made Himself a man of no reputation ( Philippians 2:7) The Father in so many ways made Him walk in a hidden way that men of the flesh quickly judged Him on. He has no splendor or appearance, and when we see Him there is no beauty that we should desire Him, He is despised and rejected by men, A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid our faces from Him; He was despised we esteemed Him not...reckoning He was stricken and Afflicted by God, Struck down. (Isaiah 53:2-4)

Then they scoffed. Is this not the carpenter's son? (Matthew 13:55)

He has often spoken to me through the Holy Spirit , "I am taking it off the things of this earth in you." What He means by that Is He wants me to identify with the Man of no reputation. Both in Christendom and the World He will not let me stand in anything but Him. How does He do that? By stripping me to the uttermost of anything else it could be. He has delighted to place me over the years in an unexplainable enigma and sorrows mingled with countless failures and illness and nothingness and silence and dying and scoffing and shame which leads to contempt.

But deep within my Spirit I continually hear Him say. "This is of me, this is of my doings, You are who you are, You are who I made you to be." Sometimes I am filled with the glory of this word. and His Spirit is upon me, and I step boldly out into the light of All He has made me to be. Other times I find myself like Peter warming my hands by the fire hiding in the shadows of the night.

My prayer is, " Let it burn dear Lord, Let it burn until it becomes crystal clear who you desire me to be. For Your sake precious Lord, let me embrace every situation you have put me until the Son rises in the night." I don't know if I will ever get there sometime. It seems as if He is going to some unreachable depth within trying to extract some impossible goal. But like your writing may or may not be suggesting, there is a priestly pattern here of costly fabric, of hammered gold that can only be worked out over many years on the potter's wheel. May I be willing to stay there until it is achieved.

I am thankful He never leaves nor forsakes us in the fire.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have to agree with the stripping away before the Lord builds us anew. I'm never sure if it's bootcamp either but always for our own growth. When the light shines in love from our Father and we follow willfully then more light always shines upon the path, and there in Him we grow closer and closer to where He's leading us heavenward. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes I think we look at these scriptures merely from a point of danger, but to me they have taken on more significance over the years, the experiences so painful, that I would be disingenuous if I said they had been fully worked out in my life even today.

It is said of Jesus, that He made Himself a man of no reputation ( Philippians 2:7) The Father in so many ways made Him walk in a hidden way that men of the flesh quickly judged Him on. He has no splendor or appearance, and when we see Him there is no beauty that we should desire Him, He is despised and rejected by men, A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid our faces from Him; He was despised we esteemed Him not...reckoning He was stricken and Afflicted by God, Struck down. (Isaiah 53:2-4)

Then they scoffed. Is this not the carpenter's son? (Matthew 13:55)

He has often spoken to me through the Holy Spirit , "I am taking it off the things of this earth in you." What He means by that Is He wants me to identify with the Man of no reputation. Both in Christendom and the World He will not let me stand in anything but Him. How does He do that? By stripping me to the uttermost of anything else it could be. He has delighted to place me over the years in an unexplainable enigma and sorrows mingled with countless failures and illness and nothingness and silence and dying and scoffing and shame which leads to contempt.

But deep within my Spirit I continually hear Him say. "This is of me, this is of my doings, You are who you are, You are who I made you to be." Sometimes I am filled with the glory of this word. and His Spirit is upon me, and I step boldly out into the light of All He has made me to be. Other times I find myself like Peter warming my hands by the fire hiding in the shadows of the night.

My prayer is, " Let it burn dear Lord, Let it burn until it becomes crystal clear who you desire me to be. For Your sake precious Lord, let me embrace every situation you have put me until the Son rises in the night." I don't know if I will ever get there sometime. It seems as if He is going to some unreachable depth within trying to extract some impossible goal. But like your writing may or may not be suggesting, there is a priestly pattern here of costly fabric, of hammered gold that can only be worked out over many years on the potter's wheel. May I be willing to stay there until it is achieved.

I am thankful He never leaves nor forsakes us in the fire.
Most of that quote about never leaving nor forsaking isn't to do with what mere mortals can do to us but has also to do with angels of the fallen kind I believe. The beginning of Hebrews deals with that more than the last chapters which I tended to focus on. If in the OT He could keep His people from mortals well Jesus is greater than angels. Hebrews 1

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums