Christ erased away the condemnation of the laws!

S

Source Scripture

:doh:Well, that's the conclusion I get from YOUR thoelogy, that Paul and Jesus disagree. You're saying that Paul taught that the Law was abolished, yet Jesus said it wasn't.

Now, unless you care to explain how what Jesus said (no abolishment of the Law) and according to you, what Paul taught (the Law is abolished), then I really don't see any point in continuing this discussion with you, as you're avoiding this question.

Since we started discussing this, I have been answering all your questions and you have answered none of mine. That shows, to me, that you are only interested in having your say. I'm not, I want to learn more.

This is one example where Paul says that the teaching he is espousing is not from God.

1 Corinthians 7:12

To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her.

That is why I believe that not all of Pauls writings were inspired by the Spirit. Most of it was, but not this one teaching.
Indeed, you fail to understand this passage. I will try to show you again.
You're doing what the carnal Corinthians were doing, doubting that Jesus did speak through Paul. Paul said Jesus was however.

3 since you seek proof that Christ is speaking in me. He is not weak in dealing with you, but is powerful among you. 4 For he was crucified in weakness, but lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but in dealing with you we will live with him by the power of God.

You are also ignoring apostolic authority, to set down doctrine, to which Paul' auhority was from Christ. So your efforts to discredit Paul, are not wise. The doctrine of justification, came by the Spirit, to which Peter agreed.

10 For this reason I write these things while I am away from you, that when I come I may not have to be severe in my use of the authority that the Lord has given me for building up and not for tearing down.

So unless you admit I am correct, and indeed Paul was inspired text, you will be playing the same old routine, using a verse like that, to try to stop Paul's theology on justification.

Upvote 0
S

Source Scripture

Hey Frogster, was wondering when you'd weigh in my friend..

umm...because Paul said so (in at least 1 circumstance)?
Just so I understand you, is everything inspired, but Paul? The whole of the Old Testament, James, the Gospels, others, but not Paul?

Besides, did he say Ephesians 2:15, was not by command?;) if your going to use your theory, apply it to this verse, does it say not by command?

15 by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace,

Upvote 0
S

Source Scripture

NaLuvena, not only did Peter call Paul's writings scripture, but throughout the centuries great masses of people have found Jesus Christ, through his "uninspired" writings. Now if we must verify inspiration, using your unsound approach here, it raises the same question as above.

Does this verse contain the wordgae "not by command", whereby leaving the conclusion, that because it does not, then certainly it must be by command, following a sound biblical approach, to the scriptures?

Galatians 3:19 Why then the law? It was added because of transgressions, until the offspring should come to whom the promise had been made, and it was put in place through angels by an intermediary.

What does until mean? And do answer the above verse also, containing the dreaded "abolished" word, which seems to so trouble law adhearent ones. And please address the apostolic authority issue, to set down doctrine, granted by Christ, to Paul. Thank you.

Upvote 0

NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, you fail to understand this passage. I will try to show you again.
You're doing what the carnal Corinthians were doing, doubting that Jesus did speak through Paul. Paul said Jesus was however.

3 since you seek proof that Christ is speaking in me. He is not weak in dealing with you, but is powerful among you. 4 For he was crucified in weakness, but lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but in dealing with you we will live with him by the power of God.

You are also ignoring apostolic authority, to set down doctrine, to which Paul' auhority was from Christ. So your efforts to discredit Paul, are not wise. The doctrine of justification, came by the Spirit, to which Peter agreed.

10 For this reason I write these things while I am away from you, that when I come I may not have to be severe in my use of the authority that the Lord has given me for building up and not for tearing down.

So unless you admit I am correct, and indeed Paul was inspired text, you will be playing the same old routine, using a verse like that, to try to stop Paul's theology on justification.
:doh::o
Dude, If you admit that Jesus was speaking through Paul, then why can't you accept when Jesus Himself speaks?

I never said Paul was not inspired, I said that Paul himself said that one verse was not from God. You're saying I made it up, Paul said it himself. If we nelieve Paul (and I do!) then we must accept Paul's version that that one command is only from him and not from God.

I never ignored Paul's apostolic authority, I just ignored your version of his writing.

And you've still avoided my question, I'm starting to think you can't answer it..

Upvote 0

NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just so I understand you, is everything inspired, but Paul? The whole of the Old Testament, James, the Gospels, others, but not Paul?

Besides, did he say Ephesians 2:15, was not by command?;) if your going to use your theory, apply it to this verse, does it say not by command?

15 by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace,

I think I'm starting to repeat myself... you've completely misunderstood my position. If I re-explain it, how can I be sure you'll get it this time, as you've missed it all the other times?

Upvote 0
S

Source Scripture

I think I'm starting to repeat myself... you've completely misunderstood my position. If I re-explain it, how can I be sure you'll get it this time, as you've missed it all the other times?
You know, come to think of it..How dare you!?
Put down Paul, who had his back opened up 5 times, so you can try to pretend, that you follow the Mosaic law.

You not only do not understand apostolic authority, to lay down doctrine, you also don't even understand what an ambassador is!

2 Corinthians 5:20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

Your hermeneutics is flawed, if you're going to hold up "not by command', then you must apply it in a broad sense to all. Does it say "not by command" here? No! So the obvious presumption is, that it is from the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know, come to think of it..How dare you!?
Put down Paul, who had his back opened up 5 times, so you can try to pretend, that you follow the Mosaic law.

You not only do not understand apostolic authority, to lay down doctrine, you also don't even understand what an ambassador is!

2 Corinthians 5:20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

Your hermeneutics is flawed, if you're going to hold up "not by command', then you must apply it in a broad sense to all. Does it say "not by command" here? No! So the obvious presumption is, that it is from the Holy Spirit.

God bless you sir... as you obviously make no effort to understand me, but insist in misquoting me, that is all I have left to say to you, my friend...as you seem to miss the nuances in the Bible

Upvote 0