United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I Samuel 17: 4, 29, 37, 45, 48b, 49, 51

And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span…And David said unto Saul, Let no man’s heart fail because of him (Goliath); thy servant will go and fight with this Philistine. David said moreover, The Lord that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the Lord be with thee...

Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied. And David hasted, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine. And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and it smote the Philistine, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth. ...David ran and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword and drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him and cut off his head therewith. And when the Philistines saw that their champion was dead, they fled.

David’s Strength

“I come to you in the name of the Lord God of Israel,” the little shepherd lad said. He ran toward the giant, grabbing five small stones as he ran. “What! You’re sending a mere lad, a stripling to fight me? I am a seasoned warrior!” He roared
with laughter. His laughter was cut short as a small stone hit him squarely between the eyes. Knocked out, he fell to the ground. The ‘mere lad’ ran up to Goliath, stood on him, grabbed his sword and cut his head off.

How could that be? We don’t know his age, but David was young. So where did David get his strength to fight the giant? Two sentences give the answer: “Is there not a cause?” David was fighting for Israel (that was his cause) and God was with him! “I come to you in the name of the Lord God of Israel.” His strength came from God and because God had helped David kill a lion and a bear, he knew God was with him. He gained experience fighting the lion and the bear. With God’s help he gained courage in the lesser fights. He then was prepared for the bigger one. His strength increased with each conflict.

How do we handle our battles? With courage? With fear? It is easier to say I don’t want this conflict and try to renege from the battle. But God wants us to have courage. Go on in spite of fears and difficulties. If you go at God’s command, you gain courage. With courage comes strength. Go fight your battles (the ones and only the ones God wants you fight), go with God, obey God, be courageous, and that courage will bring you HIS strength — Spiritual Stamina.

Strength through Courage

To win the battle
You must be strong.
Enter the conflict
With praise-ful song.

Courage will come
As you face the task
Depend on the Lord
In His victory bask!

In Him you are strong
In His strength you win
With God on your side
None can do you in!

Little David trusted God,
Challenged the giant
Overcame in that battle
On God he was reliant.

-----Bertha James Laird, Author. Used by Permission.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I Samuel 17: 4, 29, 37, 45, 48b, 49, 51

And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span…And David said unto Saul, Let no man’s heart fail because of him (Goliath); thy servant will go and fight with this Philistine. David said moreover, The Lord that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the Lord be with thee...

Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied. And David hasted, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine. And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and it smote the Philistine, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth. ...David ran and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword and drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him and cut off his head therewith. And when the Philistines saw that their champion was dead, they fled.

David’s Strength

“I come to you in the name of the Lord God of Israel,” the little shepherd lad said. He ran toward the giant, grabbing five small stones as he ran. “What! You’re sending a mere lad, a stripling to fight me? I am a seasoned warrior!” He roared
with laughter. His laughter was cut short as a small stone hit him squarely between the eyes. Knocked out, he fell to the ground. The ‘mere lad’ ran up to Goliath, stood on him, grabbed his sword and cut his head off.

How could that be? We don’t know his age, but David was young. So where did David get his strength to fight the giant? Two sentences give the answer: “Is there not a cause?” David was fighting for Israel (that was his cause) and God was with him! “I come to you in the name of the Lord God of Israel.” His strength came from God and because God had helped David kill a lion and a bear, he knew God was with him. He gained experience fighting the lion and the bear. With God’s help he gained courage in the lesser fights. He then was prepared for the bigger one. His strength increased with each conflict.

How do we handle our battles? With courage? With fear? It is easier to say I don’t want this conflict and try to renege from the battle. But God wants us to have courage. Go on in spite of fears and difficulties. If you go at God’s command, you gain courage. With courage comes strength. Go fight your battles (the ones and only the ones God wants you fight), go with God, obey God, be courageous, and that courage will bring you HIS strength — Spiritual Stamina.

Strength through Courage

To win the battle
You must be strong.
Enter the conflict
With praise-ful song.

Courage will come
As you face the task
Depend on the Lord
In His victory bask!

In Him you are strong
In His strength you win
With God on your side
None can do you in!

Little David trusted God,
Challenged the giant
Overcame in that battle
On God he was reliant.

-----Bertha James Laird, Author. Used by Permission.

Excellent study on David, and timely.

Thank you!!

Upvote 0