By_the_Book

Life lived by the Bible is life worth living.
Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟30,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Choice

I will make sure to keep this short. I know many of the postings here are so so long that it can be a bit much. Therefore, I would like to try to keep my stuff brief, but meaningful.

I just want to make a couple of comments about something that God spoke to me many years ago when I was trying to reconcile how much of our doing is Him and how much is us or should be.

He said to me…

It is in My strength but it is your choice. (Holiness / Godly living ) - God

Without God’s grace, we don’t even have the desire to live a godly or holy life. Without God’s strength, there is no way possible to do so. However, without our choice to do so we cannot live a godly or holy life either. In the spiritual realm God’s grace is there, God’s strength is there, but until we make the choice, neither is manifest in the physical realm the way they should be.

Additionally, when we sense that prompting from God to do something or to change something in your life, at that moment His grace and His strength are at their most powerful. This is the best time to act. Resisting the Holy Spirit and promptings of God to change something in your life or do something in your life creates a weakening, not of God, but of your faith and your resolve to act.