Chivalry is Dead! And I know who killed it....

God Child

Anointed Servant
Apr 25, 2005
fairbanks, Alaska
✟23,851.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Quote:
Originally Posted by guacaMolly
they want a nice guy who pays their bills

That's what relationships are all about :thumbsup:

interesting, there seems to be a word missing in the quote when i read through the OP. "pays their own bills" :idea:

Upvote 0

God Child

Anointed Servant
Apr 25, 2005
fairbanks, Alaska
✟23,851.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, this afternoon I had an epiphany---teenage girls kill chivalry. They date these losers that are fun for a season, and give nice guys the message that being fun, dangerous and spontaneous is all they want in a guy.

By the time they grow up and realize how stupid they were and decide that they want a nice guy who pays their own bills, listens to what they have to say and doesn't roll joints while driving down the road, it's too late.

Now the nice guys have become the jerkoffs because that's what girls told them they wanted. Then these ex-nice now jerkoffs keep looking for that gorgeous party girl, not realizing that that's a phase that girls grow out of too.

What a sad, vicious cycle.

Anyone who can validate this theory?

It's interesting, when i was 15, a girl i was "so-called dating" decided to break up with me and explained "I'm breaking up with you, you're just too nice". Her statement had no apparent effect on my behavior (or at least i hope not :eek: ). Though this information does not completely invalidate the theory, it just implies that it's not universal. On a side note, i cried when this happened and boys usually don't cry when they break up (or at least i have been told and observed). I guess i am trying to say, that I'm a bit unusual and a theory that may or may not apply to most cases, doesn't always apply to me. So, don't let unusual me invalidate this theory :D

Upvote 0

GuacaMolly

Nov 1, 2007
Dallas
✟10,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Quote:
Originally Posted by guacaMolly
they want a nice guy who pays their bills

interesting, there seems to be a word missing in the quote when i read through the OP. "pays their own bills" :idea:

EDIT:
Yeah, I had made a typo and left it out originally, didn't realize how it sounded at first. Sorry guys, working off of a 20 hour migraine, I'm not on my 'A' game!

Upvote 0

God Child

Anointed Servant
Apr 25, 2005
fairbanks, Alaska
✟23,851.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh my, that was about Elijah's whole post, and the word that seemed to be missing in the quote in his post about yours. Which the way it appeared in this post, to be sarcastic and insulting to you molly. I didn't know that you had edited it. I apologize to both of you,Elijah and Molly for this. What was I thinking? :doh:

Upvote 0

BoazB

Dec 29, 2006
South Africa
✟2,335.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
i don't blame girls for the whole death of chivalry. i also blame men who use chivalry to get into some woman's pants to where it leads to any chivalry type of action to be seen as a sexual advance. i'll never forget what a girl told me at a job i used to work at. she said, that when a guy acts like that, she think he's wanting sex.

so really my opinion is both sexes equally screwed it up.

Hear, hear. How true. I remember when I started as a student teacher. The evil looks you would get if you gave up your chair for somebody else.

I believe that the nice guys don't then turn into the "bad boys" that the girls wanted in the first place, but merely just move on and leave the "Bird Herd" behind.

Upvote 0

God Child

Anointed Servant
Apr 25, 2005
fairbanks, Alaska
✟23,851.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not think you can blame girls solely for killing chivalry- guys are totally to blame too

I agree. though being as it may, there might still be chivalrous individuals in moderns society, it just doesn't seem to be all that popular. Maybe (in an individual case) it's because they didn't learn them to begin with, through either some sort of intuition or instruction. It may also be the case that some individuals whom did learn it (at least to some degree) decided not to be so anymore because their actions were not appreciated or even quite the opposite. I don't really know, it depends primarily on the individual(s).

Upvote 0

GuacaMolly

Nov 1, 2007
Dallas
✟10,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh my, that was about Elijah's whole post, and the word that seemed to be missing in the quote in his post about yours. Which the way it appeared in this post, to be sarcastic and insulting to you molly. I didn't know that you had edited it. I apologize to both of you,Elijah and Molly for this. What was I thinking? :doh:

Hey, don't worry about it! :D

Upvote 0