Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟15,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BEIJING, July 24 (UPI) -- The first plasma discharge from China's experimental advanced superconducting research center -- the so-called "artificial sun" -- is set to occur next month.
The discharge, expected about Aug. 15, will be conducted at Science Island in Hefei, in east China's Anhui Province, the Peoples Daily reported Monday.
Scientists told the newspaper a successful test will mean the world's first nuclear fusion device of its kind will be ready to go into actual operation, the newspaper said.
http://upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20060724-065917-5783r

simplicity

incredibly ordinary member
Jun 29, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
These sorts of experiments are always really interesting. I remember reading about the Z machine which generates extremely high temperatures, incredibly higher than the Sun. I don't have anything against these experiments as long as our atmosphere doesn't burn up and drift away into space.

Upvote 0

HisEagle

Senior Veteran
Feb 26, 2004
✟10,742.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
simplicity said:
These sorts of experiments are always really interesting. I remember reading about the Z machine which generates extremely high temperatures, incredibly higher than the Sun. I don't have anything against these experiments as long as our atmosphere doesn't burn up and drift away into space.

I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think God is going to allow us to burn off the whole atmosphere and annihilate ourselves like that. Although I wonder if such a thing as this might have something to do with Revelation 16:8,9.

Upvote 0