Pune
✟7,832.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got married 3 months ago. We're both south Asian Christians and it was an arranged marriage.

After just one month into my marriage I started finding evidence that he is having an affair with someone else.

I confronted him but he did not answer any of my questions properly, and he manipulated me into thinking that I was overthinking.

I started wondering if he was already in a relationship with someone else then why did he marry me. Then I found out that the girl he is seeing is already married.

He has not openly told me anything about her and he avoids all kinds of discussion with me.

We also haven't been able to consummate our marriage because obviously he is into someone else.

We hardly speak to each other. He completely avoids me, only answers to what I ask him. Neither do we spend any time together. We live just like roommates who see each other for 15 mins throughout the day.

I haven't told any of my family members about it.

Currently, I am not 100% sure that he is still with her or if they have broken up (They were together till last month).

What should I do? I do not want to do anything to disobey God.

By_the_Book

Life lived by the Bible is life worth living.
Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟38,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I got married 3 months ago. We're both south Asian Christians and it was an arranged marriage.

After just one month into my marriage I started finding evidence that he is having an affair with someone else.

I confronted him but he did not answer any of my questions properly, and he manipulated me into thinking that I was overthinking.

I started wondering if he was already in a relationship with someone else then why did he marry me. Then I found out that the girl he is seeing is already married.

He has not openly told me anything about her and he avoids all kinds of discussion with me.

We also haven't been able to consummate our marriage because obviously he is into someone else.

We hardly speak to each other. He completely avoids me, only answers to what I ask him. Neither do we spend any time together. We live just like roommates who see each other for 15 mins throughout the day.

Currently, I am not 100% sure that he is still with her or if they have broken up (They were together till last month).

Please hear me, I have been a Christian since 1977 and a full-time Minister since 1994 and I urge you to listen to what I'm about to tell you.

Your situation is very delicate and very serious, please I urge you do not listen to most of the advice you are going to get on this website, do not base your life or make decisions about your life based on the things that people will say here. Please don't.

Go to God and do nothing until you have complete peace about what you should do.

Reactions: Nicole T
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I urge you do not listen to most of the advice you are going to get on this website
My advise is to read the Bible. I notice you did not give her any of the word of God.

1 cor 7 "10To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife."

I agree that we are not to listen to man. WE have the Holy Spirit of God to be our teacher and to guide us and to lead us into the truth of God. He is also our comforter.

All of 1 Cor 7 gives excellent advise that people need so study and seek to understand.

Upvote 0

By_the_Book

Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟38,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
My advise is to read the Bible. I notice you did not give her any of the word of God.

1 cor 7 "10To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife."

I agree that we are not to listen to man. WE have the Holy Spirit of God to be our teacher and to guide us and to lead us into the truth of God. He is also our comforter.

All of 1 Cor 7 gives excellent advise that people need so study and seek to understand.
The Word of God is a very powerful very wonderful source of life and guidance. However, it does not have straightforward answers for very complicated situations like this woman is in. Therefore, you are correct I didn't just quote the Word of God at her and provider with platitudes I encouraged her to seek God because her situation is very difficult and very complicated and the last thing she needs is flipped advice.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
However, it does not have straightforward answers for very complicated situations like this woman is in.
I am pretty sure it is not God that promotes confusion. He gives us power, love and a sound mind.

Upvote 0

By_the_Book

Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟38,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I am pretty sure it is not God that promotes confusion. He gives us power, love and a sound mind.
There is no confusion being promoted by me, only a desire for this dear lady to seek God's guidance instead of the often misguided immature advice that lacks godly wisdom of any depth, which is often spouted on this site.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If this was my life I have the right to leave her ..if this was my wife.. its written. Now I now some that know their spouse cheated but said sorry and repented and they are very happy today. But again it would be my right as a believer to leave. Now I would say me or him.. that's it or I am gone. Pray about it

Upvote 0