Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I asked Chat GPT to name the persons responsible for creating the programme.

I was told that this was classified information.

Now I maintain that ethically the authors should be named given that they exurt enormous influence in society and in the way humanity thinks..

Your thoughts?

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So Chat GPT is representing a philosophy derived from the founders or gleaned from the internets websites ???
I have no idea. You said that chatgpt told you who programed it is classified info. But the fact that one can look up that info means chatgpt is lying.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Now I maintain that ethically the authors should be named given that they exurt enormous influence in society and in the way humanity thinks..

Your thoughts?
Luckily, there are open source alternatives to ChatGPT that even release their training data and have authorship by the public, but are somewhat less advanced. LAION's OpenAssistant (not to be confused by the closed source OpenAI) is free for anyone to modify and view the code.

• Informative
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have no idea. You said that chatgpt told you who programed it is classified info. But the fact that one can look up that info means chatgpt is lying.

Or it has been told what to say...

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Or it has been told what to say...
Either way it's spouting misinformation. Personally I have no desire to utilize it. Or Alexa or anything else of that nature. Even GPS is unreliable. Like the time it told me to drive through private property and into a river to get to my location.

• Haha
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Your thoughts?
You can't depend on AI to return all information available, nor that all information returned is accurate. It's been a evolving technology. Also, what AI returns is dependent on the questions asked and how they are asked.

Who is owner of OpenAI?

OpenAI, Inc. San Francisco, California, U.S. OpenAI was founded in 2015 by Ilya Sutskever, Greg Brockman, Trevor Blackwell, Vicki Cheung, Andrej Karpathy, Durk Kingma, Jessica Livingston, John Schulman, Pamela Vagata, and Wojciech Zaremba, with Sam Altman and Elon Musk serving as the initial board members.

Here is a relatively short article of the history of AI you might find interesting.

The History of Artificial Intelligence: Complete AI Timeline

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Your thoughts?

It doesn't matter who programmed it. The information comes from the internet, which is reason enough to treat it as suspect. I mean, look at us. We're pitiful.

• Haha
Reactions: zippy2006
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟245,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Agreed - I think this is going to become a very, very big question/concern as more and more AI is in control of what we see and hear, everything really.
Some people in the know who are involved actively in the technology have said, AI is as new to man and will make as many changes as when fire was discovered by man.
Agreed, and the precursor to this was "the algorithms." "We don't know why that decision was made, it came from the algorithms." If we don't manage to conjure up some technological accountability, we're in trouble.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed, and the precursor to this was "the algorithms." "We don't know why that decision was made, it came from the algorithms." If we don't manage to conjure up some technological accountability, we're in trouble.

Seems like 'political correctness' on turbo when you ask religious and moral questions.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
China is activally pursuing it very seriously, spending a sizable chunk of their GDP on AI.

Don't have to wait for that. It's already here in the form of TikTok, which is poisoning the minds of the youth.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Don't have to wait for that. It's already here in the form of TikTok, which is poisoning the minds of the youth.
Lol TikTok is hilariously sad. I'm still surprised that people still fall for stuff like "The Tide Pod Challenge" where kids literally ate tide pods and died. Granted idk if that was specifically TikTok or if that started on Youtube but i know that these challenge like things are also on TikTok as well.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Stephen3141

Mar 14, 2023
Southwest
✟39,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Your thoughts?

I don't think that ChatGPT is a military product. Or that the authors are protected by a government "classification".

Maybe the software development companies don't want to make the names of the
authors public, so that the authors will not be sued, in case the product produces
some horrendous results.

• Informative
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums